Author Topic: SWShop Concept General Grievous  (Read 14567 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: SWShop Concept General Grievous
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2007, 06:28 PM »

While I have no problem with concept prequel stuff I feel he did not deserve the McQuarrie package style. But that just my opinion. Hu did not earn that kind of status yet. Anyone else agree in some regard?

Ditto.

And the only reason this figure wound up on SWS.com as an "exclusive" for $17 plus shipping is that someone decided that we'd all be ripe for the picking to be gouged and ripped off.

Glad to see so many of you refusing to pay the $17 dollar ransom for this figure, that may help keep costs down the next time they try it.

And remember, this is an all new mold.  We'll probably see this figure again sometime now that the mold is made.  And the same goes for all of the McQuarrie figures for that matter.  And next time, they won't be such a ripoff.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2007, 01:52 AM »
Since it's not a McQuarrie concept, it's an easy pass for me.  Hell, I'm thinking of stopping once I get a vader and Starkiller Hero.  I like the Snowtrooper and Fleet Trooper, but not sure I want to go outside the "main character" realm.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2007, 06:31 AM »
I got my shipping confirmation.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2007, 08:15 PM »
Got mine already. That was fast.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2007, 08:59 PM »

That is unreal!  I got my confirmation yesterday too, but didn't get my figure today.  Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2007, 02:49 PM »
I could get this, or I could spring for that Circus poster bundle. I think I'll get the posters.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2007, 03:55 PM »

That is unreal!  I got my confirmation yesterday too, but didn't get my figure today.  Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.

Haven't got mine yet, but am already feeling bad about buying two of them at these prices.  Ridiculous.  :(
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2007, 06:53 PM »
I know, this is my last time paying that much for a figure. And no more 12.99 for Target "exclusives" I figures this my last year being a completest, I really only want to concentrate on EU figures, Jabba's palace, and Cantiana creatures..the rest..maybe some Ewoks..STOP ME! LOL

FYI if you read Hasbro Q&A they will not be doing any Vinatge figures..there goes a really great Dengar to round out the bounty hunters.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2007, 09:15 AM »
Opened this guy up last night. While it's pretty decent, I'd have to say it's one of my least favorite concepts. The articulation is fine, but I just think the sculpt is kind of blah.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2007, 09:45 PM »
I got my Concept Grievous in the mail today.  I like the look af the figure but I agree its not too much of a "Concept" departure.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2007, 11:32 PM »
Putting all the $17 talk aside, I have to say that this Grievous is actually a really nice figure.

- He's got ball jointed ankles, knees, elbows, shoulders, head; plus swivel hips and torso.
- He's got a great soft goods cape, a removable chest panel, and some unique weapons.
- He's the best scaled Grievous so far

Yeah, he cost way more than he should, but he's definitely a nice figure once you get him open.  He makes for a nice transition display between that Wave 5 Pre-Cyborg Grievous figure and the more "robot" RotS Grievous figures.

Wish I could say I regret spending the $40 to get 2 of them, but honestly I don't.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2007, 10:45 AM »
^ Agreed.  Definitely too expensive, but a really nice figure in the end.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2007, 06:31 PM »
Is it wrong that I actually prefer this concept to the skeleton Grievous we ended up with?

Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2007, 08:09 PM »
I like this look better than the final version too, it is more vader-esque, like they were using stock parts to rebuild total body blowouts back at the time of the clone wars- The 4 arms was a very cool feature of the final design- but the nagging cough?

Does anyone know what the spoilers on his head are supposed to be good for? Did he need to be aerodynamic for some reason?

And thanks for the cool pic, because that is as close as I will get to a $17 single carded figure

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2007, 04:38 PM »
My two Grievious's are more of a creamy light grey.  I prefer the one in that pic much better.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN