Author Topic: Medicom Kubrick/Be@rbrick Display Cases  (Read 16528 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: needing a rant on medicom display cases...
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2010, 05:48 PM »
I don't use these for my Kubes, but can totally understand your frustration.  I had a peg lodged in one of my vintage figures and even though you couldn't see it on display, it drove me nuts.  I had to eventually replace it because I'm OCD about that stuff.  I don't have any idea how to fix it, but would love to hear suggestions if anyone has one. 

With regards to the display cases, is that a common problem or an isolated issue?  I can come up with complaints on just about every type of SW item  I've run into, but sometimes you just have some bad luck on things like that.  I use the JL cases for my figs and they stand up pretty well in there without the pegs.  Probably not worth switching over all your stuff, but maybe it's worth not using the pegs on your future stuff if you're worried about this happening again.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2010, 01:24 AM »
Get a drill and use an ultra thin drill bit. Drill into the peg in chewie and then pull. I've not done it with a kub myself but I have used a similar technique on other items than have snapped off.
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline Bobajode

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2010, 03:16 AM »
Or you could hold a pin in a pair of pliers, heat the pin with a flame then stick it into the peg, let it cool and hopefully it should come out.  :)

Offline spookedhippie

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010, 04:09 AM »
thanks guys for the ideas, i've tried the drill bit too no avail but the heated pin might work! I'll report back on news... always good to know you have people looking out for your kubs!

And Jman its good to hear i'm not the only who gets obsessed with stupid things like this!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2010, 04:18 AM »
I had one that broke off, I drilled a hole & use a very thin set of pliers. I stuck it it the hole & twisted & pulled till I had some movement then got a good grip on it inside & out & it popped out. I find some of the pegs or the holes on the feet to be tight. Might be an idea to add some vasoline to the peg or just enlarge the hole a bit, did that a few times on the holes.

Offline spookedhippie

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2010, 04:56 AM »
Thanks for all the help guys, bobajode your technique worked a treat! You have no idea how grateful I am! Chewie still looks mint, untouched by the burning pin! Oo DSJ like the thought on the vaseline... Can't believe that this seems to be a common occurence with the cases... now i have to worry about my kubs even more!

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: Medicom Kubrick/Be@rbrick Display Cases
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 04:52 PM »
Toy Tokyo has the official cases up for pre-order.

Just placed an order for 5 boxes.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2010, 12:10 AM »
I have several of these for sale if anyone is looking.  Just send me a PM.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2010, 03:58 AM »
Price went up from $37.99 to $44.99 but that was a few years ago. Still a good price & heavy to ship. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2010, 10:57 AM »
Price went up from $37.99 to $44.99 but that was a few years ago. Still a good price & heavy to ship. 

What is the total with shipping? 

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2010, 12:20 PM »

What is the total with shipping? 

That would depend on how much you order & where it would be shipping as shipping costs varies based on product weight & destination so all in all it's between you & the site.  ;)

Short breakdown:

Canada: Left nut.
Overseas: Both nuts.
US: Just the sack.  :P

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2010, 01:43 PM »
I got shipping for free because I ordered over $100 worth.

I'm making the switch to these cases because where I thought I was going to display my Kubricks, I can't because there's not enough room.  (I have two Bertbys that I thought was going to be enough for my loose SW, GIJoe and Kubrick collections.  Turns out I had more Joes than I originally thought so the Kubrick got bumped).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2010, 02:13 PM »
I got shipping for free because I ordered over $100 worth.

I'm making the switch to these cases because where I thought I was going to display my Kubricks, I can't because there's not enough room.  (I have two Bertbys that I thought was going to be enough for my loose SW, GIJoe and Kubrick collections.  Turns out I had more Joes than I originally thought so the Kubrick got bumped).

How many figures can you get in a Bertby?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2010, 03:18 PM »

How many figures can you get in a Bertby?

Quite a few, actually.  10 shelves including the bottom by 7" deep gets you a lot of space.  The SW one has my meager vintage collection on the first four shelves from the top, then the modern Vintage collection figs on the next, Concept figures on the next and then three rows of astro droids.  The bottom is for miscelleneous stuff and where my Willrow is proudly displayed.

The Joe cabinet is split up between Joe and Cobra and there's enough room left for the few figures I still want to get.

I really need to update my collection thread with new pics...

Offline bigj22

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2010, 03:45 PM »
To give you an idea about shipping,it was going to cost me 10.86 to ship 2 cases to PA. I got free shipping bc I ordered over 100.00 dollars worth.