Author Topic: Good auction or not?  (Read 2567 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Good auction or not?
« on: June 12, 2003, 11:27 PM »
Reserve is too rich for me at this moment in time.  $250
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2475&item=3134885323

Good deal, bad deal, otherwise?  Figs look ok, he has them displayed nicely.  Vinyl cape Jawa.  LMK what you think.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline TopJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Toy Whore!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Good auction or not?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2003, 12:05 AM »
That price is ok I guess.......finding a clean cardboard backdrop stand is a challenge......as far as the VC Jawa is concerned......I'd ask for more pics......
Brian AKA TopJedi
sniperman76@hotmail.com

Always interested in trading for Clone troopers,Battle Droids and other army builders

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2003, 09:10 AM »
$250. is not not a bad price. The Collectores Stand can run you around $30. up. Vinyl Cape Jawa's around $170. up. Collector's Action Stand / Display Stand
Loose Vinyl Jawa's are going up in price. They can run around $170. up. This one is from Shaun over at RS. Vinyl Cape Jawa

I would email the seller for better pictures of the Jawa. Nice & close up & both sides of the figure.
You have to watch for Fakes. You can read up on the Jawa at the archive. Vinyl Cape Jawa  
Also read up at 12 back.com Vinyl Cape Jawa

This is my Vinyl Jawa & its in C9.5 condition. Just a very small black speck mark on the back of the cape.

If you want, I can scan the Cape closer so you can see the pattern.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2003, 11:19 AM »
No, that's ok, don't go to anymore trouble.  I won't likely be bidding on it, unless I could get it for the $250 and no more.  But I really shouldn't anyway.  I'm not in that big a hurry and never really considered owning the display stand anyway.  I'd definitely want to see that cape from all four sides to be sure there are no rips or other defects.  

For the next little while I'll be plucking auctions and asking about them.  I'm working my way through archives to learn more.  It's just interesting to me to see opinions from folks here.  

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2003, 11:44 AM »
The auction ended at $280.00.    

Offline Lemon-Viper

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mudhole? Slimy? My home this is.
    • View Profile
    • Son of Bob.homestead.com
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2003, 04:18 PM »
I don't think I'd have gone for it.  I don't even like the vinyl caped Jawa in the first place.  I know it's a hard to find little bugger, but the cloth one looks much cooler in my opinion.  I'll save $150 and get the one I want :)

Lemon-Viper
Stressed out?  Poop.  It'll make you feel better.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2003, 04:51 PM »
WEll, I never bid on it.  Too steep for me.  I've bid on a couple of auctions around $125 lately, but no joy.  One last night jumped from $120 to $158 in the last minute and a half.   :o  I guess that's not that unusual with vintage.  It would have been really easy to snipe though.  That last bid went in with about 30 seconds left.  Time enough to bid three more times.

Offline Lemon-Viper

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mudhole? Slimy? My home this is.
    • View Profile
    • Son of Bob.homestead.com
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2003, 05:00 PM »
I've been biding in the under $20 pool so far....  I'm trying to get the underdog score!  So far I won a decent set of 12 figs for $11.50, and a Boba Fett for $5.  No weapons, but a perfect jump off for my initial collection.
Stressed out?  Poop.  It'll make you feel better.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2003, 05:03 PM »
I missed a nice auction last night around 8:00 central.  Four imperial figures in pretty good shape for only $11.50.  Outside playing with the kid.  D'oh!

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Good auction or not?
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2003, 09:19 PM »
I missed a nice auction last night around 8:00 central.  Four imperial figures in pretty good shape for only $11.50.  Outside playing with the kid.  D'oh!

I'd say you were doing the right thing.  There will be other auctions.