Author Topic: NHL 2007 - 2008  (Read 39781 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: NHL 2007 - 2008
« Reply #120 on: April 25, 2008, 10:19 PM »
What an opening game...  Yeesh.  I really thought the 3-0 hole was gonna turn into a routing at one point.  Thank god for explosive offense.  :o

Oh, and I'd like to add that the color commentator both in the game and during intermission were both royal ********...  The one dude comparing Ruutu and Avery was beyond annoying.  Apparantly he's never seen someone pick a fight in the NHL before a faceoff.  Whoever that guy was, he's raw douchebaggery.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 10:21 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2008, 09:02 AM »
A win is a win, but damn the Flyers were lucky to get out of that one last night.  Wide open nets, missed pucks and unlucky shots for the Canadiens going the other way could have easily made this a blow out game.  And sooner than later giving the best power play team in the league all those chances is going to bite them in the ass.  I know the black and orange like to play physical but they have to reel in a bit and stop taking stupid penalities.  Luckily for them, the Flyers have a hot goalie right now.

Like I said, a win is a win.  Just have to start playing better.

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2008, 09:59 PM »
Pens had a bad 2nd period, so it's good they took game 3 on simply hard-assed work.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2008, 01:47 AM »
Who would have ever though Johan Franzen would be the playoff goal leader? 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #124 on: April 30, 2008, 01:53 AM »
Hey, it's not our fault that the Penguins like to share.  ;D

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #125 on: April 30, 2008, 06:20 AM »
Who would have ever though Johan Franzen would be the playoff goal leader? 

:(

Man it has been a rough series so far. Theodore was sick in game 1 and every played like **** in front of him the first period, then we got hot in the 2nd and 3rd but could quite put it past Osgood to tie it up. Game 2 was just horrendous pretty much all throughout. Tonight was another tough one, we played great in the second and third, and after getting that first goal I thought we might have it. The Avs really had a good game for the most part tonight, they made some ****** mistakes though taking way too many penalties. There were a few big missed calls at the end. On one of the Avs third period PPs Forsberg was blatantly tripped and there was no call, so we should have had a 5 on 3. I'm going to Thursday's game which should be exciting I really hope they can at least win that one. The Nuggets who won 50 games just got swept and were the first team ever to have 50 wins and then get swept in the 1st round. The Rockies got swept in the World Series after winning 20 or 21. The Broncos missed the playoffs for the second year in a row. All that combined would make for one tough sports year.  I still hold out some hope that they can come back no mater how astronomically small the chance may be. :-\
"This is the way."

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 1, 2008, 09:43 AM »
One win away from eliminating the #1 seed and advancing to the Eastern Conference finals, a year after having the worst season in Flyers history and being the worst team in the league.  That's a hell of a turnaround.  The Broad Street Bullies are playing with a ton of confidence right now and have one of the hottest goalies in the playoffs. That's a good combination to have.

Just stop blowing two goal leads, *******.  Guess I can count on high stress levels in May as well as January and October now.  And that's a great thing.

Go Flyers
« Last Edit: May 1, 2008, 04:01 PM by Mikey D »

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 1, 2008, 03:50 PM »
montreal has let me down. playoffs are practically over for me. :'(
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #128 on: May 1, 2008, 09:55 PM »
Bah...  The officiating was pretty biased tonight I felt, probably because of the 3-0 lead the Penguins had, so that was annoying to see...  It's the worst part about playoff hockey I think.  The Penguins were pretty undisciplined at times though too and it took away the momentum.  Sykora and Dupuis would be getting chewed out by me tonight for not controlling themselves.  Still though it's one game and had to happen eventually, I just felt there were a TON of wishy washy calls and they didn't go our way. ;)  That's the NHL for ya.

I've finally figured out why the color guy on Vs. hates the Penguins too, it's Eddy Olczyk.  I had forgotten that was his gig since the Penguins dropped him as coach (rightly so).  He's one bitter dude.  I loathe national games.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #129 on: May 2, 2008, 03:17 AM »
I'm going to Thursday's game which should be exciting I really hope they can at least win that one.

God that was horrible. :'(

Go Penguins? :-\
"This is the way."

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 4, 2008, 08:09 AM »
FLYERS!!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 4, 2008, 11:42 AM »
I bit the bullet and picked up some Stars tickets for tonight after the OT loss the other night.

So, go Stars!

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 4, 2008, 04:27 PM »
I bit the bullet and picked up some Stars tickets for tonight after the OT loss the other night.

So, go Stars!

Wish I could go too...or even get that channel where we are.

Versus SUX, no matter what Gary Bettman thinks.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #133 on: May 4, 2008, 08:53 PM »
Versus Sux is an understatement...  Any national game blows.

Anyway, it wasn't a sweep but it was nice to see the Rangers go bye bye tonight...  Nailbiter and hard series for sure.  The 4-1 numbers don't accurately show what a rough series it was.

Go Pens...  Time to deal with our cross-state rivals now. ;)  Let the fist-fights at Penn State commence!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 5, 2008, 03:01 AM »
4 Overtimes, what a ******* game.

I'm going to bed!