Author Topic: How do I "enable" Attachments so that I can post a picture?  (Read 4735 times)

Offline no boom boom soul brother

• Youngling
    • View Profile
How do I "enable" Attachments so that I can post a picture?
« on: September 30, 2007, 05:05 AM »
  The help section of this forum states that I can attach photos from my computer to my message by hitting the "additional options" button, causing a "browse" button to appear.  When I try to post, this dropdown menu does not have the "browse" option.  Nowhere is it mentioned how I can "enable" this option, either.  How can I do this?  Is this some kind of secret?  Can I learn this secret?  I promise I won't tell anyone, I'll just go ahead and keep everyone in the dark about it, too!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: How do I "enable" Attachments so that I can post a picture?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 05:24 AM »
Hmmm...  I'm wondering if that feature is only available to the staff (I can use it, no problem).  It's possible that's not an available option for our members to use though, and come to think of it, I don't recall seeing any JD members do that before.  I'll ask the boss to verify that though.

If that's indeed the case, I know you can e-mail us your pictures and we can host them for you, provided there's not a bajillion of them, of course.  ;)

Stay tuned...

- Matt

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: October 1, 2007, 04:36 AM »
Yep, so that picture uploading feature is indeed disabled for members here.  Sorry 'bout that.  But like I said, if you want to e-mail any of your pictures to a staff member here, we could upload a few pix for you, no problem.  Just let us know...

- M

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #3 on: October 1, 2007, 02:45 PM »
Or just go to a free photo-sharing site such as Photobucket ... it'd be faster, plus you can delete/edit/add at your own convenience.

Sorry Matt. :'(
« Last Edit: October 1, 2007, 02:46 PM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: October 1, 2007, 02:52 PM »
Indeed, you're further off just using your own photobucket account.  I've got one for uploading random junk I want hosted online.  Very simple to use and saves you time too.  There are other hosting sites like Image Shack as well, but Photobucket has always been good to me so I stick with it.  They make it easy over there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77