Author Topic: Smuggler/Gambler's Ship  (Read 5481 times)

Offline no boom boom soul brother

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Smuggler/Gambler's Ship
« on: September 30, 2007, 06:15 AM »
  Hello.  I look at this site a lot, and I enjoy what I see.  The topics that are 60 plus pages long sometimes discourage me from looking through them to see what is new, but other than that, the stuff is usually great.  I wish there were more smuggler-type customs, though.  I decided to show the one that I made.  I posted it before on a GI Joe custom website, but for those who missed it, I will post it again here.  I am getting more into Star Wars customs, anyway.  I repainted a Naboo Royal Starship, added a homemade "bed", mini-ladders for the pilot and potential copilot to climb up to the seats easier, a locker with the pilot's spacesuit inside, and a couple of Power Team Elite crates painted white glued to the bulkhead.  I put the pilot's gunbelt, goggles, and alternate flesh-colored hands inside those.  I also added a custom speederbike to the front, replacing the yellow "escape pod" with it instead, adding tips of guns to the grooves on top of the ship.  Oh, and I also added little tiny lights to the engine tips (which I cut off), put clear plastic over the windshield, added "steering wheels" to the cockpit, and cut the plastic on the back of the ship to create a boarding ramp.
  The pretend backstory is this:  Devaronian gambler Lycius Khan won his ship, an F-Type Nubian Speedster, while gambling (real original, huh?).  It is a luxury craft, built for speed.  However, since Khan loses more than he wins, he often finds himself in the business of smuggling and courier work to make ends meet.
  I came up with the new "type" of ship because an accurately scaled 3 3/4 J-Type Nubian starship would be much larger than the scaled down toy that Lucasfilm decided to produce.  Anyway, let me know what you think!

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
Re: Smuggler/Gambler's Ship
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 10:06 AM »
thats really cool man...ive wanted one of the naboo royal ships for AGES to make into my mando's personal craft!
in the words of a famous admiral......

ITS A TWAP!!!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 1, 2007, 01:16 PM »
That ship looks great in red. I like your pattern of white and red. I wish the red was more consistant in places but that shouldn't be too hard to fix. Maybe you can turn them into blaster scorches? Anyway, the idea of the lights for engine is work of genius. The original ship should have had that. Good changes to the inside. It's good to have you here. Can't wait to see more of your work.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 2, 2007, 09:32 AM »
Welcome! Great way to introduce yourself. Sharp paint job, in fact, you make the ship look better than the original.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 2, 2007, 12:38 PM »
Cool custom! I also look forward to seeing more of your work.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010