Author Topic: What is wrong with Target?  (Read 10559 times)

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
What is wrong with Target?
« on: October 2, 2007, 05:39 PM »
Outside of a few reports, I have not heard about Traget getting anything in stock. WM now is up 3 waves on Target.  I really hate how Target treats us, Im not buying anymore of their over priced "excluisives" ! If anyone can find out why Target isn't getting TAC in stock, please let us know.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: What is wrong with Target?
« Reply #1 on: October 2, 2007, 05:48 PM »
In good time they will get the newer waves in.  If they were ahead of the game like Walmart has been lately, then people would be praising them right now and blasting Walmart.  This goes in cycles.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: October 2, 2007, 05:57 PM »
If they were ahead of the game like Walmart has been lately, then people would be praising them right now and blasting Walmart.  This goes in cycles.

Definitely.  And it varies greatly across the USA too.   Here in MN, our Targets (and TRUs) are getting Wave 4 and the UGH cases, while Wal-Mart is getting Wave 5.  Maybe WM is one wave ahead at the moment, but definitely not three, and it won't last for long with Christmas shopping approaching.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: October 2, 2007, 06:43 PM »
Walmart and Target are both way behind here. Nothing besides wave 1 and 2. The only place that has got 3 is TRU and KB and wave 4 goes to TRU. No one has had wave 5.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 2, 2007, 06:49 PM »
Target just had a price reduction on figures, so I think they're in the process of trying to blow out some stock.  I think we could see some new stock at Target within the next couple of weeks.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 2, 2007, 06:57 PM »
Target just had a price reduction on figures, so I think they're in the process of trying to blow out some stock.  I think we could see some new stock at Target within the next couple of weeks.
The funny thing is by time they actually do stock w4,5,6 a lot of people will have picked the waves and they will just sit and sit and sit some more on the pegs at Target >:( blocking waves 7,8,9 from being put out! My Target has a major A-hole as the toy manager. He acts like he is much above us strange star wars collectors. Then the new Target they opened has a really big time anti stock room manager that really hates any tiype of collector. what can you? LOL

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 2, 2007, 10:25 PM »
I have to say that I eventually always find everything I want at Target.  When waves first come out, like everywhere else, some of the "RARE, HOT!  HTF" figures  ::) are tough to find.  But after a few weeks or a month, I find everything I want in multiples.

Having said that, at this juncture, the 4 Targets within my reach basically only have Wave 3 and the Saga Legends wave with Fett/Sandtrooper.

I have found Wave 4 so far at Walmart, KB, and TRU.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: October 2, 2007, 11:53 PM »
Around my area, Target actually is 3 waves behind with wave 6 hitting now.  Target around Pitt never got beyond wave 3, and wave 1 Legends.  They're really a desolate place here at the moment, but it hopefully means new figures are on the way at some point.  Target's been a bad stop in 2007 for me though...  Which sucks since one opened not too far away.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 3, 2007, 09:00 AM »
And it varies greatly across the USA too.

Although I haven't seen anything past Wave 3 anywhere in town, it definitely depends on your area.  Our WM is a wasteland, just this past week getting their first TAC basic figure product of the year - Wave 2 DST, Rebel Honor Guard, and X-Wing Biggs - 1 of each.  The rest of their Star Wars section is packed with TSC figures, probably 50 or more.  They also had 1 of the Luke/Mara comic packs.  Target has been good about stocking TAC figures, but its been mostly the same ones (lots of Mace and Galactic Marines lately).  TRU has surprisingly been pretty good this year so far with getting the newer stuff, and restocking.  Again, none of these places has waves 4, 5 or 6 yet though.  I think TRU may have had 4 at one point though, because I did see an UGH Airborne Trooper, and I believe that shipped with that case, right?  I'm kind of glad I ended up preordering online this year, because now I'm through Wave 6 and our stores are still on Wave 3.  I get a set online, and then wait for them to hit retail to get extras/army builders.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 3, 2007, 09:09 AM »

Or sooner. You're pretty much right on the money.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #10 on: October 3, 2007, 09:26 AM »
Around my part of Chicagoland it's been quite barren. The Targets only have Wave 1 Maries, Wave 2 Hans and DST's, a few Vaders and some of the Wave 2 Legends. From Feb to May, things were looking promising at one Target where the first 3 waves were easy to find (sans McQuarrie of course), but then they hit a brick wall and only had a couple 30AC figs on the pegs.

Of course that's nothing compared to the local Wal-Mart. They got one case of Wave 3 at some point, I know this because I found a lone Jawa once by the WWE figs. They also got a case of Wave 2 Legends, but beyond that they've not had any 30AC single carded figures as far as I can tell this year. Hell they still have the same 5 TSC Naboo Soldiers on the pegs that they did this time last year. The store has been good at stocking comic packs and Galactic Heroes, but basic figures not so much.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 3, 2007, 10:02 AM »
Well glad to hear this not just isolated to So Cal.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #12 on: October 3, 2007, 10:21 AM »
Well glad to hear this not just isolated to So Cal.

Hasbro would have you believe these problems are isolated to one or two small regions, but clearly from conversation at the myriad number of message boards out there show these issues are widespread. Though to be honest it's hard to fault Hasbro, they get the orders from the retailers and send them the product, it's up to the Walmarts and Targets of the world to properly stock their stores. Of course that's too much to ask regardless of the product we're talking about.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 3, 2007, 12:45 PM »
The 2 Targets I frequent have not gotten wave 4 yet, but have a moderate amount of waves 1-3 and Legends 1.  The closest WM to me had wave 4 (and I found all except CZ-4 and McVader) but no other WM I check seems to have gotten it yet.  While I'm not panicky, this may be the worst example yet of distribution issues when stores are 3 waves behind...
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #14 on: October 3, 2007, 02:34 PM »
Target used to be my favorite store but more and more I dislike them in general. From rude stock people to their clearance tactics that can be frustrating especially when you pay $12 a figure to $3 in a 5 week window. They seem to have adopted more ruthless tactics in general.

There stock has really sucked for a long time. TRU is beating them bad which I am happy to see the World's biggest Toy Store stepping up. Even Wal-Mart has been really good with stock & attitiude of their employees.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/