Author Topic: What is wrong with Target?  (Read 10560 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: What is wrong with Target?
« Reply #15 on: October 3, 2007, 07:19 PM »
I think we can lay off Target for the time being.  They've historically been very good on their inventory management, but in this case there's been some kind of a mis-step.  It happens.  For once WalMart is beating them to the punch on getting a new wave.  Target may have overbought into Saga Legends and it may have bitten them in the butt.  As for Target's relationship with Hasbro?  I can't say that I would expect Hasbro to publicly put the boots to one of their largest retail partners in the Q&A process and say that they ordered more Saga Legends than 30AC.  But that might just be the case and Hasbro may be toting the line.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 3, 2007, 11:04 PM »
Outside of a few reports, I have not heard about Traget getting anything in stock. WM now is up 3 waves on Target.  I really hate how Target treats us, Im not buying anymore of their over priced "excluisives" ! If anyone can find out why Target isn't getting TAC in stock, please let us know.

My local Targets have received 3 different cases of Wave 4 figures, including 6 of the 12 UGH.  None of my WM's have figs beyond W3 and they have just as many Saga left as the Target stores.  Target will be getting W5 and W6 as soon as they filter thru the rest of their stuff.  I'd be more upset at Wal-Mart - did they blow by W4 UGH too quickly?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: October 4, 2007, 02:18 AM »
Outside of a few reports, I have not heard about Traget getting anything in stock. WM now is up 3 waves on Target.

Being in the same area as you, I'm definitely seeing the same thing, and it's really odd since Target usually kicks WMs ass around SoCal.  But for whatever reason, they've been totally high and dry for the last couple months around here, with only a brief glimpse of a few Wave 4 figures here and there, along with hardly any of the new Legends stuff.  In the meantime, WM is completely flooded with waves 4, 5 & 6, and all the new Legends figures.  So they're really up about 5 waves, if you include the Legends line too.

I hate this, because I'm a huge Target supporter, and prefer to do ALL of my SW shopping there.  I absolutely abhor WM, and it completely disgusts me every time I step into that store.  But aside from the lack of any new SW inventory, Target as a store still wipes the floor with WM, which is the most repulsive environment a shopper could possibly step into.  As far as employees and customer service, I think it's night and day between the two of them as well.  Try returning a couple figures to both stores and see what happens.  At Target, you're in and out in 15 seconds with no line, and maybe a few minutes if there is a line.  At WM, it takes nearly 5 minutes with no line (with their ridiculously antiquated returns system), and if there is a line, forget it.  You're looking at nearly an hour sometimes.

Anyway, I better just shut up or I'll go on and on about the differences between these two stores for hours.  One thing's for sure, as soon as Target finally gets some new figures in, my Waves 4, 5 & 6, and Legends figures that I bought at WM, are all getting returned to WM.  I hate supporting that ****hole.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 4, 2007, 09:07 AM »
I personally think people are reading too much into this. In the next week or two, Target is going to catch up.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 4, 2007, 07:31 PM »
I personally think people are reading too much into this. In the next week or two, Target is going to catch up.
I wish I had as much faith as you do, maybe your Targets are not full of Starwars hateing Nazi toy/stock room managers. They just hate us, you can see it on their faces, they regard us as freaks. I guess a couple years back, their was an incident with some HotWheels People and the manager, they didnt stock a single hotwheels car for 6 months. With that said I do agree with Mac, I hate HATE going to Walmarts. When ever I walk out of the store I feel like I need to take a shower.  ;D

Offline AmanaMatt

• Youngling
  • Breakdance Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 4, 2007, 09:54 PM »
At my local Super Target, there has been no new stock for 6 weeks or longer. When I do see 'new figs' they have already been released at Walmart or TRU.

To date, they have not had anything beyond TAC wave 3.
Waiting for you in my special place...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 4, 2007, 10:14 PM »
I wish I had as much faith as you do, maybe your Targets are not full of Starwars hateing Nazi toy/stock room managers. They just hate us, you can see it on their faces, they regard us as freaks. I guess a couple years back, their was an incident with some HotWheels People and the manager, they didnt stock a single hotwheels car for 6 months. With that said I do agree with Mac, I hate HATE going to Walmarts. When ever I walk out of the store I feel like I need to take a shower.  ;D

I think a couple of bad months is really a drop in the bucket when you've been at this consistently for a number of years.  Target has been one of my prime sources for the last 8 years since I got back into collecting.  They'll correct the situation in due time and this will just have been a small blip on the radar.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 5, 2007, 08:15 AM »
I was at one of the local Targets last night and there was still nothing new out.  It's been that way for about a month or more.  I did a DCPI search for 30AC figures and they showed stock in the back room.  I got someone to do a location check and they came up with 'several locations', but the person asked the stockroom guy to bring a case out, he said that they couldn't do that...  That's the first time I've ever had that happen.  Anyway, they told me that they are going to be doing a re-set of the action figure aisle in the next week or two, so I should come back periodically because everything in the stockroom will be put out after the re-set.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 5, 2007, 09:01 AM »
I was at one of the local Targets last night and there was still nothing new out.  It's been that way for about a month or more.  I did a DCPI search for 30AC figures and they showed stock in the back room.  I got someone to do a location check and they came up with 'several locations', but the person asked the stockroom guy to bring a case out, he said that they couldn't do that...  That's the first time I've ever had that happen.  Anyway, they told me that they are going to be doing a re-set of the action figure aisle in the next week or two, so I should come back periodically because everything in the stockroom will be put out after the re-set.
Ya, most likey W4 and they will become peg wrmers. I mean when there are reports Khols is getting w5 figures, something is really wrong with Target.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 5, 2007, 10:38 AM »
I saw wave 5 at Kohls last night, and for the heck of it went by Target.  All they had was a buildup of Galactic Marines, Vaders and some of the Wave 3 pegwarmers.  I really haven't been hitting Targets for the last month but from what I hear from local STL collectors, they are skipping Target now too due to the lack of new figures.  Hopefully we'll be in for a pleasant surprise before too long though.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #25 on: October 5, 2007, 11:08 AM »
The Arc ship & Battle Pack should be hitting soon so thats about the only draw cards until the Mega Hoth pack. The Arc crap is kinda lame the R2 unit is the best part. The Hoth pack I would buy 2 of, the Turrets are sweet!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 5, 2007, 11:12 AM »
I think the Kohl's arguement is a little lame.  They were the first in my area to get Black Clone Pilots, Clone Commanders, etc. back in the ROTS days.  They only take in every other wave at best and have had W3 for a month or two, so no surprise to see W5 there.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 5, 2007, 02:43 PM »
I saw wave 5 at Kohls last night, and for the heck of it went by Target.  All they had was a buildup of Galactic Marines, Vaders and some of the Wave 3 pegwarmers.  I really haven't been hitting Targets for the last month but from what I hear from local STL collectors, they are skipping Target now too due to the lack of new figures.  Hopefully we'll be in for a pleasant surprise before too long though.
Yes, I hit Khols and picked up Darth Raven,Precyborg GG, and Dark Trooper. they were on *sale*for 7.50 yes, I said *sale* They also had Darth Malik, but I bought him from Wal-Fart earlier along with a pair of StarKillers.  ANd Yes, I went  next door to Target, what a sad mess SL W1 and some TAC from W1,2,3

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: October 5, 2007, 04:51 PM »
At least your Target stores have army builders...  Here, Target is a sea of Obi-Wan, R2, and Mace Windu from Wave 1...  Oh and the usual Legends pegwarmers too, but the army builders are long gone. 

Couple of the locals have even backed off going to Target routinely because of their nosedive in distribution in the second half of '07.  I still stop because they're so out of the way for me that if I'm going to TRU I may as well stop at Target too, but I've really become more hopeful at any other stop I make. 

Hopefully it'll change soon though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 5, 2007, 06:04 PM »
At least your Target stores have army builders...  Here, Target is a sea of Obi-Wan, R2, and Mace Windu from Wave 1...  Oh and the usual Legends pegwarmers too, but the army builders are long gone. 

Couple of the locals have even backed off going to Target routinely because of their nosedive in distribution in the second half of '07.  I still stop because they're so out of the way for me that if I'm going to TRU I may as well stop at Target too, but I've really become more hopeful at any other stop I make. 

Hopefully it'll change soon though.
Ya you know something is "wrong" when Khols is getting stuff before Target.  The main Target in my area (Rancho Target) has never put out Saga Legends.