Author Topic: Target TFU Battle Rancor  (Read 116176 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Target TFU Battle Rancor
« Reply #105 on: April 1, 2008, 10:39 PM »
Would a larger toy like this show up one eBay? I don't recall items like the Y-Wing and ARC-170 ('07) showing up before public release. I guess the various overseas markets might receive the Rancors before the US, and that's what I should lookout for.

After thinking about it, I could see how an eBay store (Black Sheep toys, is it?) might start stocking the rider figure, and that might be a sign of a close release.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 8, 2008, 06:35 PM »
Have there been any reports of this anywhere? Could this item be delayed due to the game being delayed. I'd find it odd if that happened, but I also thought that the Battle Rancor was supposed to hit around the same time as the Order 66 2-packs.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #107 on: April 8, 2008, 06:42 PM »
I actually tried the DPCI with this yesterday, it comes up as out of stock
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 8, 2008, 06:45 PM »

Yeah - I keep trying it too with the same results. I also haven't seen any reports of it showing up which is odd if it was supposed to be on an endcap in the toy section on April 13th.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 8, 2008, 06:46 PM »
I also thought that the Battle Rancor was supposed to hit around the same time as the Order 66 2-packs.

That was my understanding as well.  Jeff?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 8, 2008, 07:17 PM »

Yeah - I keep trying it too with the same results. I also haven't seen any reports of it showing up which is odd if it was supposed to be on an endcap in the toy section on April 13th.
Is that the street date for the order 66?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 8, 2008, 07:38 PM »
Is that the street date for the order 66?

Yes, but stores have been putting them out early.

Peter

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 8, 2008, 07:45 PM »
I also thought that the Battle Rancor was supposed to hit around the same time as the Order 66 2-packs.

That was my understanding as well.  Jeff?

I just went back to the slide deck from Toy Fair and Hasbro dated the Order 66 2-packs for 4/15 but for the Battle Rancor simply put down "In-Store April"

So they aren't related. I guess the fact that the Aalya Starfighter, Kashyyyk Battle Pack and two GH sets were all tied to the same date, I was assuming that the Battle Rancor and Order 66 sets were tied to the same date.

So an "In-Store April" status could mean April 30th in the end. Oh well.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2008, 07:47 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #113 on: April 9, 2008, 09:05 PM »
I may sound stupid, but where do you guys use the DCPI codes?  What computer are you talking about?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 9, 2008, 09:08 PM »
I usually just walk up to an employee with a scanner and give him/her the number. They then enter the number into the scanner and it'll tell them if the item is in the store. Hope this helps.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #115 on: April 9, 2008, 09:10 PM »
I may sound stupid, but where do you guys use the DCPI codes?  What computer are you talking about?

There are also red price check scanners in Target, that's the best place to check first. That's where you can punch in DCPI numbers. You can get the numbers in the DCPI thread in the forums. Just look for price scanners in the store, there are several throughout the store.

I have had the same results that the item is not in stock. There are none on ebay which means they are no where in sight. I think the Rancor is going to be in stores in May by the looks of things.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 9, 2008, 09:14 PM »
There are also red price check scanners in Target, that's the best place to check first. That's where you can punch in DCPI numbers.

Cool, I never knew about that.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 9, 2008, 09:23 PM »
Not all Targets have the scanners with the buttons for you to punch in though... I always just go to customer service and ask.

;)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 10, 2008, 11:29 AM »
Or you can just call the Cust. Serv. Desk to whatever store you might want to go, give them the DCPI # and ask if they have any in stock, and if they do they might be nice enough to pull 1 for you and hold it at the Cust Serv Desk if you ask politely.  That's how I got my Target exclu Neyo trooper guy before they put them out anyway.

The Cust Serv desk people are usually nicer then the people that you pull aside on the floor, and more willing to help, They probably get the concept of what making a sale is as apposed to letting sit in back on a shelf.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2008, 10:21 AM »
Not all Targets have the scanners with the buttons for you to punch in though... I always just go to customer service and ask.

;)

Newer stores have the new price checkers.  However some stores that see heavy collector traffic and frequent use of the DCPI codes may disable the keypad function on those scanners.  I've seen it happen at a couple of stores in my area.

I also saw a report in another forum that the Rancor had been spotted.  However I didn't see a verification photo.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback