Author Topic: Target TFU Battle Rancor  (Read 116171 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Target TFU Battle Rancor
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2008, 11:52 AM »
I also saw a report in another forum that the Rancor had been spotted.  However I didn't see a verification photo.

I would not believe it. Until it hits eBay this thing is nowhere to be found. I have checked Targets and eBay for the past few weeks. I have also been checking completed auctions too! There are none in sight, I am really looking forward to this one I already sold off my old Rancor.

Exclusives are a real pain in the arse! I am actually not looking forward to the WM Droid Factory sets for the simple reason of the the hunt. WM exclusives are so tough to get, I have never seen the Rebo Band sets in the wild. (Not that I was looking for them.) I only came across the comic packs once and bought as many as they had of the Kellers. I will give Target credit at least their exclusives are plentiful.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline darthchuckmc

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2008, 07:15 PM »
As of today, none have been sold anywhere....or even shipped to stores, yet...but soon.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 16, 2008, 03:41 PM »
Hasbro has posted an update today featuring this set, although I don't see a date mentioned.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #123 on: April 16, 2008, 03:43 PM »
I wonder where they got the idea for this thing from?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 16, 2008, 03:50 PM »
That's funny, I thought the same thing the first time we saw this Scott.  It does look kind of cool, and I was sort of on the fence with it with this big lull - but I'd sooner wait for a ROTJ repaint, and save my money for that Falcon I think :).
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 05:00 PM by Jeff »

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 16, 2008, 04:55 PM »
But the Hasbro site says "luminous" paint- Does this puppy glow in the dark? That might be too cool to pass up  ;D

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #126 on: April 16, 2008, 05:03 PM »
Turn on the black light, pop in some Hendrix and unleash "the force"
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #127 on: April 16, 2008, 05:05 PM »
I'm betting the paint shines in a blacklight...  Just a guess, however glow-in-the-dark seems more like a toy's feature so I dunno.  Looking at it though I was thinking a black light would really make it pop.

I really dig the rancor w/rider from the game.  It's a very large piece I wouldn't have expected from a video game promotion...  Had it all released around time the game came out, I think it all would've made more sense, but such is the life of tying toys to a game I suppose.  I would love two of the Rancor but probably not at the $40 price so I'll settle for one.  I'd take a dozen Felucian Warriors though.  Too bad it's a pack-in.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #128 on: April 16, 2008, 05:09 PM »
But the Hasbro site says "luminous" paint- Does this puppy glow in the dark? That might be too cool to pass up  ;D

while the Force-sensitive Felucians may mark their Rancors with luminous warpaint, Hasbro marks their Rancors with shiny paint that is supposed to look lumious but doesn't actually "glow in the dark".   ;)

In other words, the one at Toy Fair didn't have GitD paint on it as far as I remember...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #129 on: April 16, 2008, 05:10 PM »
If you hit glow-in-the-dark paint or plastic with a blacklight it really glows bright. Try it with the POTJ Emperor's Wrath Vader - his skull and lightsaber really kick off some glow.

Offline manglord

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2008, 04:47 PM »
The paint looks pretty bright already, should look cool under a black light. Salacious Crumb borrowed my black light, now i gotta get it back. :P

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #131 on: April 25, 2008, 10:06 AM »
I checked Targets DCPI number and this item is still not in stock and no signs on ebay even the completed auction search comes up with nothing. I highly doubt we will see this item in April.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 25, 2008, 05:49 PM »
I checked Targets DCPI number and this item is still not in stock and no signs on ebay even the completed auction search comes up with nothing. I highly doubt we will see this item in April.

I wonder if it's been held back until September. Just a thought...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #133 on: May 7, 2008, 12:45 PM »

I wonder if it's been held back until September. Just a thought...

Could be. I check 3 Target DCPI's and Ebay yet again. No sign of them...the shield doors must be closed......

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #134 on: May 7, 2008, 12:53 PM »
At this point, I wish they'd just cancel all items associated with TFU. It is obviously a flop from a merchandising stand point due to game & Hasbro's other manufacturing delays. Let's just bury the TFU concept and move on to the Legacy and Clone Wars lines. Our pocket books will appreciate it.