Author Topic: Who was your character in Street Fighter II???  (Read 5705 times)

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Who was your character in Street Fighter II???
« on: June 13, 2003, 01:23 PM »
Last thread befoer I head off to work. I brought this up I thik at GH, and it was received well, so I figured I'd ask again. So what was you character in Street Fighter II? And on that same note, another question, who was your character in Mortal Kombat?? And why did you you your characters???

Street Fighter II: Blanka
Why: I loved using him, I was nearly unstoppable with him. I remember walking into an arcade and this bigger kid was beating up all the younger kids, so being the instigator I plunked my quarteer in and beat him with two perfects. The guy skipped the next in line and played me again, again I beat his butt. Oh the kids were havng a blast watching me nail the big kid.

Mortal Kombat: Raiden
Why: I just thought he was a cool looking character. Never had seen anyone like him before. But if all else failed, I would turn to Sub Zero, the ultimate cheap character. ;D And their fatalities were sweet.

So who were your characters??
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
Re: Who was your character in Street Fighter II???
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2003, 01:51 PM »
SF2. I can use Chun Li, Ken and Ryu and Vega really well. Blanka, E Honda and Guile are my backups.  I can play with all of them though. I spent most of my afternoons after class back in high school at this Round Table Pizza playing that game with my friends, and then the SNES incarnations for years after that. I probably spent more in quarters and buying super Nintendo sequels than I did when I bought the Coin-Op that sits in my family room today.  I got SSF2, which I believe was the best of the bunch.

In MKII, I always used Liu Kang, but only because I could easily do his Dragon fatility and that stupid flying kick.  I didn't like the MK series that much.

The Soul Blade series remains my favorite. I love Soul Calibur II and am counting down the days until August when I can get it for my Xbox. My only gripe is they took out "The Rock", who was my favorite character.  I'm still vicious with the rest of them....particularly with Kilik and Seung Mina.
Got Clones?

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2003, 02:47 PM »
Josheee,MK2 was da bomb!I always played as Scorpion.

Now as for street fighter,I have never played it,I might try to find one sometime.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2003, 05:21 PM »
I think I prefer the "motion" characters like Ryu and Ken and Sagat to the "charge" characters like Balrog, Guile and Bison.

I have basically mastered every character with the exception of E. Honda and Chun Li, and won a tournament and free game rentals at a Blockbuster tournament back home using Ken.

I still have my Super Nintendo hooked up right next to my PS2, just for that game.

:)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2003, 05:55 PM »
I drop Megaton Bombs with Chun Li.
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2003, 06:06 PM »
Hey, nice sig line.

May I suggest you add "You can't own a beer, you can only rent it."

:D
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline TopJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Toy Whore!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2003, 06:06 PM »
I love SF2 also.....I mostly used Blanka or Chun Li to inflict damage ;)

I was a big fan of MK.....and used Lui Kang or Sub Zero.....
Brian AKA TopJedi
sniperman76@hotmail.com

Always interested in trading for Clone troopers,Battle Droids and other army builders

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2003, 07:00 PM »
Ryu
Binders full of astromechs...

Jango Fettish

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2003, 07:03 PM »
Usually Blanka for SF 2, just because  of that electric shock crouching deal that nobody could beat.

I never really played MK in the arcade until 3 came out, and from then on I was Baraka, most every time. I had all his moves down pat, since they were so easy.

Wish I could find MK Gold on PS2, I had it for Dreamcast way back when.

Good times, I also played alot of..

*cue triumphant theme*

The..AVENG..errrrsssss. As well as X Men, both of which were kind of funny because this was back in the day when games moved from left to right, and when ya walk, you walk left to right as well, no turns.

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2003, 10:29 PM »
Josheee,MK2 was da bomb!I always played as Scorpion.

Now as for street fighter,I have never played it,I might try to find one sometime.

Wow, you missed out on some great times. I also would head on down to the local Stop N Rob (Go) and playwith all the neighborhood kids. We would have tounaments and see who was the greatest of all of us. We even had some college kids come down and try to play us, they beat some of us but once me and these other two guys stepped in they were no match. I used Blanka to humiliate them, while Kim and Noel used Ryu to send shoryukens up their butts!! ;D

While I could beat the game with everyone, when it came down to serious business while playing other gamers Blanka was unstoppable.  ;)

So anyone have a favorite fatality, other than your characters fatality. I think the one that still makes me laugh out loud to this day is Smoke's Fatality where he drops a hundred billlion bombs and blows up the world. Man, the first time I saw that I could not stop laughing, I had to give up my game to my friend cause I kept on busting out with laughter. Suffice to say that he is my favorite character in the Trilogy series, he is so easy to be cheap with. His combo is devastatingly cheap!!!! ;D
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Mandalorian Madman

• Youngling
  • He's no good to me at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2003, 06:00 AM »
I hated figthing blanka with his crazy electrical deal. but it didn't matter who I used, my buddy would use chun li and waste me everytime until I wanted...to...smash...controller.  ahhhh! irritates me still!
JD

"Open them.  All of them."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2003, 03:59 PM »
I really didn't play these games in the arcade, but on the SNES SSF II Turbo I always played as Sagat and won a ot. Yay.

On MK II for SNES, I used Kitana, because I could use those blade-fan thingies with lethah accuracy, plus I could only do her fatalities.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline jcecil

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • www.jedicecil.50megs.com
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2003, 09:56 PM »
Great topic!

I only played video games with my highschool/college chums at home, not many arcades around.

SFII changed ALOT when it went to SFII Turbo for the SNES.  In college I ruled the dorms with Chun Li in SFII,  I would be bouncing off the wall and heel stomping so many heads that noone ever had a chance.  But Guile was more fun, I was ALWAYS charging and with that backhand punch I murdered.  I will admit that my Chun Li was put horrendously to shame by a visitor to the dorm once.... cheap Dhalsim player.  Then SFII Turbo (the best version IMO) came out and everything changed.  Since then I have been a devoted Ryu expert.  I can still pull that game out of the closet and beat the quest on 7-star difficulty without losing a player, no matter how cheap the computer plays M. Bison.

Not as big a fan of MK.  Usually I played as Scorpion.  Anyone remember how the SNES version was cleaned up but had superior graphics, whereas you could enable all the blood on the Genesis but it still looked like crap.... yeah, I bought the Genesis version and never looked back.  As for funny moves Johnny Cage's crotch-punch was the best, it didn't even do much damage so it was like double insulting when you played it.  For fatalities I always liked the ones that were level based, nothing beats seeing your opponent fall 200 feet onto a bed of spikes. :o

ONLY 1 MORE TO GO TO COMPLETE MY
COLLECTION OF 96!!!
www.jedicecil.50megs.com
Vintage Luke Pilot Collection, 8 so far

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2003, 11:11 PM »
I never really played SFII that much, but I sure played my share of MK. Scorpion was my main man whenever I played (and occasionally still do).

I rented MK: Deadly Alliance a week ago, and i t was great fun juggling and slicing guys up with Scorpion's sword. :)

Offline hansloroll

• Youngling
  • attempting to complete my vintage collection
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2003, 11:36 PM »
I used to wipe up with E.Honda and Blanka.

I used to whup them arms around and waste them,The electrical charge of blankas was extremely successful and a surprise against my opponents.
attempting to complete my vintage collection .Available for sculpting and painting.cantina monsters and droids a favorite project.