Author Topic: Segway 1, Bush 0  (Read 10100 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Segway 1, Bush 0
« Reply #30 on: September 2, 2003, 07:32 PM »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: September 2, 2003, 08:08 PM »
Hah!  That picture of him dropping his dog is priceles...    This guy's comic relief in a bottle.

I can honestly say that there'd be nowhere NEAR as many shots of me being clumsy no matter how often reporters were up my butt.  Bush is just sort of a doofus like this...  It doesn't reflect on him as an individual other than he's clumsy and goofy by his physical actions, that's all. :)

All in good fun I say...  

My favorite  parts of the picture though, aren't so much Bush, but more that there's a little girl shocked to death over it and a guy just standing there with his hands in his pockets like he just kicked the dog.  It's just an absurd photo. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #32 on: September 2, 2003, 09:03 PM »
Yeah, the girls looks are what I thought were the best as well.  Holy Crap!  The President just dropped his dog!

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #33 on: September 2, 2003, 10:04 PM »
So....

Bush 1, Dog 0

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: September 2, 2003, 10:10 PM »
The guy with his hands in his pockets is pretty funny too.  Think about it...  How can one photo have so much emotion going on in it?

Bush is jumping in bravery to save his dog (OK, that's highly embellished, but whatever, haha), then t here's the girl scared and shocked, and then there's some guy who just could give a rat's patoot about it all.   ;D  THAT is funny.

The guy really looks like he's just kicking the dog like it's dead even, and he's all non-schelant about it. :)  I love this photo!  I can't bogart it as a .jpg though to send to my buddy.  I'm disappoitned.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
Re: Bush 1, Canine Assassin 0
« Reply #35 on: September 3, 2003, 11:49 AM »
You know, it almost looks like the dog is an assassin in disguise and President Bush is trying to use his heat vision to incapacitate the fiend:

At first I thought it was one of those silly goats that tip over when you frighten them. Silly goats. I'm thinking, "What the heck is Bush doing with one of those goats?" But then I thought, "Hey, it's Bush. He's the frickin' president. It's really none of my business."

Then I saw it was his stupid dog. Why was he holding the dog in the first place? Was the dog resisting the President's embrace?

Better to drop the pooch than to... no, I won't say it. Too derivitive of the Clinton presidency. Let's just say it's nothing to get impeached over.
Post sober.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 3, 2003, 12:39 PM »
Heh-heh-heh.  Yeah if someone had reporters around me all the time they would have gold.  I must check my pants about 15 times a day to make sure my zipper is up and not down.  They would have some good shots of me "checking" myself.  Better it be up than down you know.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 3, 2003, 01:11 PM »
The funny thing about Bush's dog is this:  it doesn't walk when he wants it to.  He has to carry it all over the place!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 3, 2003, 01:35 PM »
I don't know, man. I want to see the tape. From that distance, it looks like the dog was thrown.

Someone call PETA.
Post sober.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: September 3, 2003, 04:46 PM »
After reading something I got in the mail today about the people appointed to issues pertaining to the environment by Bush, and their backgrounds, I wouldn't be surprised if he set the dog on fire after dropping it.

The read was quite disturbing, but nothing that surprised me either.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2003, 03:43 PM by Jesse James »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 5, 2003, 12:19 PM »
I actually saw the tape of this Bush/Dog drop.  I was watching ESPN this morning trying to catch highlights of the Cubs 4 out of 5 victories vs the Cards series.  Anyway, they were showing "the Top 10".  I thought it was the top 10 plays of the day or something like that.  

Anyway, they showed it during this segment.  Why I have no idea but they did.  I only it saw it once and it was quick.  But this is what it looked like to me.  What happened was someone was handing Bush his dog.  Bush has his arms outstretched.  The dog appeared to have it's legs almost running when handed to Bush.   As if the dog was excited to see his master.  Bush was talking to the guy that handed him the dog and never looks the dog into his hands.  Bush never actually had a handle on the dog.  It slipped or wriggled from Bush's grasp.  Bush could feel he did not have a good grasp but by then it was too late.  It only fell about 2 feet if that because in his attempt to get a good hold he bends his knees.  

So, it was not like Bush was carrying it for awhile and dropped it or anything like that.  It was done on a transfer.  Bush never even has the dog really.  

That still photo is great though.  LOL!
« Last Edit: September 5, 2003, 12:22 PM by Darth Broem »

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #41 on: September 5, 2003, 12:28 PM »
Well... when my 12 yr old that knows nothing about politics forms an opinion on Mr. Bush based on his speach alone... that tells me a lot.
Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 5, 2003, 04:00 PM »
It was done on a transfer.  Bush never even has the dog really.

So ESPN's take was that it was an incomplete pass rather than a fumble? This is the first time I can recall a U.S. president getting sports commentary since Ford and his Olympic-level dismounts from Air Force One.
Post sober.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2003, 04:54 PM »
Yes that's right instant replay cleary shows that Bush never had possesion of his dog.  The crowd around him is apparently one-sided.  Democrats hired the little kids and planted them there.  They KNEW the dog would be dropped.  It's a conspiracy I tell ya!!!  

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2003, 09:30 PM »
As you can see, the dog fell back and to the left...

Back and to the left...

Back and to the left...

Back and to the left...