Author Topic: Clone Wars AT-TE  (Read 107294 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars AT-TE
« Reply #120 on: January 17, 2008, 05:54 PM »
I'd say for $100, it will be cool.  But for $150, it could be outstanding... I'd rather fork an extra $50 for something truly awesome than spend a bit less on something that leaves a few areas to be desired.

Cough Sith Infiltrator Cough
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2008, 03:04 AM »
Wanna see the AT-TE? Watch the video below. At the 16 second mark, pause the video and look on the table to the left. Then at the 1:14 mark, you can see the front of it to the right. It is so on!!!
http://money.cnn.com/video/#/video/n...asbro.cnnmoney

Now you can go crazy

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 20, 2008, 03:22 AM »
How's about a screen grab of that.  ;)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #123 on: January 20, 2008, 09:47 AM »
Looks pretty cool. I still cannot see myself buying one just because i dont have the space. Sadly the pack-ins will really be the deciding factor.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 20, 2008, 10:47 AM »
based on that pic im not impressed. looks like its still way to small and not worth $100. however that is only based on these pics. I want closer more detailed pics before i make a decision.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2008, 01:25 PM »
Yay more Hulk Hands! I can't believe their bringing those back.
I remember my dream now.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2008, 02:23 PM »
It doesn't look overly gigantic, but I still can't wait to see this thing in person.  The spiderman suction wall climbing action is pretty cool.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2008, 03:03 PM »
based on that pic I'm not impressed. looks like its still way to small and not worth $100. however that is only based on these pics. I want closer more detailed pics before i make a decision.

I feel the same way, I am totally not impressed by its size.

Then again, if I recall, when the AT-AT first came out again for the POTF2 line, it was nothing more than a repaint of the old vintage toy with the vintage electronics removed and the "Darth Vader Hologram" electronics added - and that retailed for somewhere in the ballpark of $80 - $100. And then just recently when the "Endor" AT-AT came out as a TRU exclusive, that was sold in the $100 ballpark.

So considering that this is a 100% new sculpt, I'm not surprised that even with it's diminutive size, it's going to clock in at $100.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2008, 04:22 PM »
I gotta admit - this thing looks cooler than I was first expecting based on the teeny little picture available.  Its hard to tell depth, but does it look a little on the small side to anyone else?  Doesn't look as long as an AT-AT to me...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2008, 05:25 PM »
I think you guys might be underestimating the size of this.

Hulk hands are approximately 10 inches from bottom of wrist to top of fist as shown in the pic on the table. Knowing this measurement enabled me to use the tool in photoshop to measure the rest.

In photoshop you can measure things even when they are in perspective like this. Using the table,  walls, and the chair, I can ascertain that the AT-TE is at least 10 inches to 12 inches tall. Using that mark, and cross-referencing the height of the AT-AT (actual-not toy) (15.5M) against the AT-TE (actual) 5.02M, we ARE getting an AT-TE close to scale.

Also using that mark for the height, can place the length of the toy AT-TE at between 1.5 and 2 ft! As well again using these measurements, it's at least 12 inches wide!  That's right on the mark give or take a small margin (within acceptance of true scale). The cannon measures approx 2in "tall" from where it meets the body to the topside of the cannon. Can't get a length of the cannon as there is no picture to give me a reference for the toy. The body section is approx 4-4.5 inches tall, easily fitting clonetroopers! Which leaves us with 3.5-4 inches of space under the body. A close squeeze yes for clones to walk underneath, but the point being it does appear they CAN be place under it, yet fully upright!

Given all of these measurements, it appears we have an AT-TE toy that is 80% (at worst) to 95% (at best) scale with the figures.

That's freakin' outstanding, if you ask me. A damn sight bette than the Infiltrator!

-Sal
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 05:31 PM by jedi_master_sal »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2008, 05:28 PM »
Zoomed in and sharpened up a bit.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #131 on: January 20, 2008, 05:33 PM »
Just eyeballing it, and I'm a scale fanatic as you guys know, I'm with Sal right now...  

What I think is happening is that you guys may be overestimating the size of an AT-TE.  They're really quite dwarfish compared to most vehicles...  AT-AT's in the film are 20meters high (15.5m is the listed height, but it's way off) compared to the height of a human as well as the known size of a snowspeeder, etc.  Pretty tall things.  That works out roughly to like 40" tall for a scale one...

The AT-TE on the other hand is quite short and low to the ground in the movies.  There's some good shots of troops advancing ahead of one on Geonosis where you can see a trooper stands above the footpad on one quite easily...  They're actually not a big vehicle.  Further examination of the ICS books shows that the interior is very "cramped" to fit the soldiers inside.  Probably their troop compliments are exagerated and really shouldn't have been so high.

I'm with Sal on this at the moment...  Tough to say exactly by the photos of course, but for $150-ish, and possibly even being to-scale (oh god, if it is I don't know if I'm happy or sad  :-\ ), I'd say that's not bad...  Add in possible electronics and such.  It really could be impressive.  Plus, it's generally in the background from what I saw...  Perspective has a way of distorting stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #132 on: January 20, 2008, 05:36 PM »

Here's a pic of the prop's rear-end by the way...  The gun atop features just a simple "seat" for an average-sized human.  By that comparison it sort of gives the strongest impressions of how small the AT-TE really is.  Not a big item, not by SW standards anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #133 on: January 20, 2008, 08:56 PM »
All I know, is that it looks like a figure can stand under it.  That alone makes it cool enough size-wise.  I never expect things to be 100% to scale, that's just impossible, but it looks large enough to be impressive, not like, say, um...the Sith Infiltrator.

By the way, anyone see the CLONE HELMET behind the guy on the right in the second photo?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 10:32 PM by speedermike »
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 20, 2008, 10:21 PM »
I'm very happy with how this looks.  I'll get at least one at full price.  Perhaps two.