Author Topic: Clone Wars AT-TE  (Read 107495 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars AT-TE
« Reply #135 on: January 21, 2008, 12:41 AM »
I'm committed to getting one at full price. If it's $100, then I'll get three at full price. If it's $150, I'll get one and PRAY for it to clearance (and that I can find it on clearance) so I can get two more.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #136 on: January 21, 2008, 04:02 AM »
For the curious, I did some calculations on what it would take for it to be "to-scale" according to the only dimensions I can find...  These are close the 1/4", not down to 1/8 or 1/16, so it has a slight bit of +/- to it, but it gives you the jist of it...

11.5" Wide (Hull & Legs)
28.75" Length (Hull)
12" High

This is the most thorough dimension listing for the vehicle, pulled from the Incredible Cross Section...  That doesn't necessarilly mean it's 100% accurate either, but it's what there is without film scrutiny.

Anyway, a foot high's not much at all actually due to this being measured to the vehicle's back when standing or possibly to the gun turret's highest point...  a little over 2 feet in length, again, not that large...  about a foot for the width, which is taking in account the width is at its widest point (the center legs).  It's a very interesting size too...  I did a quick cobbling together of these dimensions out of scraps I had around...  Just to give the impression of what a toy like this would be to hold.  It's really not bad at all, or "awkward" as a toy.

Anyway, thought this would spark some ideas or curiosity...  I'm so-so on the scale of this.  If it's spot on or very close, I'm down for at least one...  I tend to give some flexibility to SW vehicles because of variances in size in the models as well.  TE's exist as CGI models, physical maquettes, and other source materials, and much like the Jedi Fighter in ROTS, the "size" of the craft changed (sometimes right before your very eyes...  Watch Anakin and Padme on the veranda before he goes to Mustafar to off the CIS guys...  The size of teh fighter changes from the lifesize prop/set piece to the CGI model), and thus the numbers have what I call "Fudge Room"...  The joys of modeling in fiction and not reality. ;)

I dunno...  I watch that video, and man that looks like it has the possibility of being damn close to me, or even spot on...  Which I'll be amazed if it is.  They DO crank out scale vehicles though, and more often than people realize.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 21, 2008, 09:13 AM »
Awesome to see this thing in the flesh so to speak. I think it look pretty darn cool and pretty darn big. Come on, with holding 20 figures, it has to be a certain size minimum.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2008, 10:22 AM »
It is nice to get a little bit of a glimpse at this thing, another one of "Hasbro's worst-kept secrets" at this point.  At least we know pretty definitively at this point that it is on the way, so that's good.  From what we can see, it looks pretty good to me.  I usually have to stay away from higher price-point things, but I'm hoping I have the cash to pick one of these up (and the Falcon, if that is true).  It will be great to get a close look at this at Toy Fair, but it seems to be shaping up pretty nicely.  I could see the $100 pricepoint on this, but $150 does seem a bit high.  We'll see what it all includes I guess.  Hopefully the CW toon draws in the kiddos too, so that something like this might be on Christmas lists this year.  It would just be nice to see a big SW toy on the want lists again, but those days (for kids) may be gone with the big shift to video games at a younger age.  Anyways, looks good so far.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 21, 2008, 11:36 AM »

By the way, anyone see the CLONE HELMET behind the guy on the right in the second photo?

Maybe its the voice changer?
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 22, 2008, 10:17 PM »

By the way, anyone see the CLONE HELMET behind the guy on the right in the second photo?

Maybe its the voice changer?

I didn't get a good look at it - is it just part of the silly kids costume thing that Target now has in the aisle on the bottom shelf?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 10:17 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #141 on: January 23, 2008, 12:54 AM »
I assumed it to be the voice changer...  It's a full clone helmet (AOTC style), so that'd be the most likely thing.  They seem to be pushing that item like the Vader helmet in 2005, as I guess it's been a fairly popular piece despite seeing them everywhere.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Clone Wars AT-TE
« Reply #142 on: February 8, 2008, 09:13 AM »
I have a few collector friends who don't visit any of the collector sites that I've been able to break the news to about this item. It's cool to see first hand the excitement.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 8, 2008, 10:46 AM »
I assumed it to be the voice changer...  It's a full clone helmet (AOTC style), so that'd be the most likely thing.  They seem to be pushing that item like the Vader helmet in 2005, as I guess it's been a fairly popular piece despite seeing them everywhere.

My kids love the DV voice changer and I think a clone/stormie helmet is a great idea.  My oldest is more interested in troops than any other characters (including DV).

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #144 on: February 8, 2008, 10:49 PM »
"I have a few collector friends who don't visit any of the collector sites..."

Just curious, how does one know what to collect if they don't hit collector sites?   I'd have no idea what was coming or going, since Hasbro does so little promotion.  Yeah, I could buy Tomarts or Lee's, but they don't seem as vital anymore.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 10, 2008, 05:41 PM »
"I have a few collector friends who don't visit any of the collector sites..."

Just curious, how does one know what to collect if they don't hit collector sites?   I'd have no idea what was coming or going, since Hasbro does so little promotion.  Yeah, I could buy Tomarts or Lee's, but they don't seem as vital anymore.

One doesn't need to know.  I remember how "cool" the 80's were when I had no idea what new wave or what not was coming out.  I still remember when I heard that Hasbro made an Autobot City (Metroplex) and that blew my socks off.  I believe it was the Sears wish book - or was it JC Penny's that spilled the beans on lots of goodies back in the day.  Ahhh...sweet memories.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #146 on: February 10, 2008, 09:01 PM »
Oh!  I needed to know!  ;D That's why Kenner used to release those multi page books with all of the vehicles and figures for the next few months or year.  I awaited the Sears catalog eagerly every season.

I was very aware of what was coming, we just didn't know when back then. 
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 10, 2008, 10:14 PM »
Yeah I missed those days sitting hour after hour with the Sears and JC penny catalogs staring at what was coming out. 
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 11, 2008, 09:01 AM »
Yeah I missed those days sitting hour after hour with the Sears and JC penny catalogs staring at what was coming out. 

Me too. Those were the days.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 11, 2008, 10:40 AM »
I agree, I miss the "simple days" as well in that respect.  These days, you almost have to keep up on things online, or you'd miss out.  Things seem to sell through quite quickly overall, with some exceptions.  It was nicer when you could go into any store and pretty much find which character you were looking for, in the 80s :).