Author Topic: Clone Wars AT-TE  (Read 107308 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Clone Wars AT-TE
« Reply #165 on: February 12, 2008, 02:23 PM »
Yeah the Kiddies....
And the Daddies  ;D

And the geeks, nerd, boyfriends, fiancees, brothers, cousins etc.

Man, I wish I could get my hands on one of these AT-TEs today!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 12, 2008, 03:08 PM »
I can see it now
     Yes Hun I know he is only one years old but I think he really wants an AT-TE for Christmas,  But since it is very expensive and I won't want it to break on him I'll keep it in my room for safe keeping  ;D.    Oh and I think he said a big screen TV too.    ;D ;D
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 12, 2008, 07:47 PM »
I will be able to justify either the Falcon or the AT-TE but probably not both of them.  Especially if they are released close together.  Unless I want to buy nothing the rest of the year.  I doubt that will happen.  Anyway the AT-TE is sounding awesome! 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #168 on: February 12, 2008, 08:24 PM »
Indeed...  By all accounts we've heard/read, this isn't going to be a downer of a toy.  I hate to get all amped up for anything in life really, but this is something I keep getting psyched about the more they talk about it. 

I wonder if there's going to be repaints then down the road?  Imperial grey would be welcome IMO, but I might be in the minority on that.  They're in the "Empire" series of comics though, so I'd be down for one of those.  Maybe market it as a Force Unleashed thing or something.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 13, 2008, 09:12 AM »
Yeah the Kiddies....
And the Daddies  ;D

And the geeks, nerd, boyfriends, fiancees, brothers, cousins etc.

The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous machine.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #170 on: February 13, 2008, 01:43 PM »
Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm...  What a little bitch.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 13, 2008, 03:38 PM »
From the Hasbro pre-Toy Fair press release:

STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS

Fans around the world are about to travel to a galaxy far, far away as never before, and once again, Hasbro ' as it has for more than 30 years ' will translate all the excitement of the brand-new STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS into toys that bring this new animated action to life. Lucasfilm Ltd., Warner Bros. Pictures and Turner Broadcasting System will debut STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS in theaters Aug. 15, followed by the premiere of THE CLONE WARS as a weekly series on Cartoon Network and TNT. Produced by Lucasfilm Animation, STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS takes audiences on incredible new Star Wars adventures, combining the legendary storytelling of Lucasfilm with an eye-popping, signature animation style. On July 26, 2008, Hasbro brings home all of the fun of STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS to kids of all ages. Fans can live the excitement of CLONE WARS themselves with the new STAR WARS CLONE TROOPER HELMET (Approximate retail price: $29.99; Ages 5 and up; Available: July 26, 2008) and the AT-TE (Approximate retail price: $99.99; Ages 4 and up; Available: July 26, 2008) -- the ultimate clone trooper transport.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 04:04 PM by Jeff »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #172 on: February 13, 2008, 04:06 PM »
Nice to finally get some sort of "official" confirmation on this poorly kept secret. ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 13, 2008, 04:07 PM »
Wow all those clone wars toys hit right before my birthday.
Ok all I am having a birthday party and if you were thinking of getting me something nice let me spell it out for you AT-TE

« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 04:08 PM by ctonra »
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 13, 2008, 04:17 PM »
Nice to finally get some sort of "official" confirmation on this poorly kept secret. ;)

...And to think - you're going to be amongst the first who gets to finally see it in person.   :)  I'm sure you're already making room for it on your Geonosian table.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 13, 2008, 05:59 PM »
Woo-hoo! This is excellent news. It's definitely three for me and more likely 5.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 13, 2008, 08:15 PM »
This is pleasant news. I guess the AT-TE will hit on day one with all of the rest of the Clone Wars product.

So it's looking like July will be a VERY expensive month indeed.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 13, 2008, 09:39 PM »
This is pleasant news. I guess the AT-TE will hit on day one with all of the rest of the Clone Wars product.

So it's looking like July will be a VERY expensive month indeed.

Midnight Madness here I come!!!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #178 on: February 13, 2008, 11:26 PM »
Hasbro just sent us word though...

Even what they say is rumor, and you really shouldn't expect this to be confirmed till you physically pick one up in your hands, and are allowed to purchase it at a retail counter...  The statement from Hasbro read that there's rampant rumor and speculation to the point that they believe even holographic projections are being put out there editing AT-TE's into background images to imply one exists.  Hasbro will not confirm/deny it...  even if they say it's real, so only believe it when you actually get one.

Much like Target's Ultimate Battlepacks, trust noone, and believe it only when you see it yourself first-hand...

Even then, make sure it's not a trick by some prankster putting a full sized custom on your local store shelves.

We dont' want this getting out of hand guys.

(sarcasm above, enjoy)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 12:02 AM by Jesse James »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 13, 2008, 11:58 PM »
Isn't this just Hasbro trying to "control" the flow of information about product like they always do?  Between published reports and the CNN video, I think its pretty fair to say that at some point this year, we will see an AT-TE for $100 on shelves somewhere.  Not sure why they have this need to stick to an official announcement when the cat is already out of the bag.  :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today