Author Topic: Clone Wars AT-TE  (Read 107503 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2008 Clone Wars AT-TE
« Reply #180 on: February 14, 2008, 12:06 AM »
Basically, yeah...  They also like to curtail the things that are mistakes too, and remind people that when you hear mistaken reports/rumors from sites out there, you shouldn't hold it against them and remember that sources online get information second-hand...  They've expressed in the past how rumors do, to an extent, spiral out of control.

Add to it then that some sites I believe put out "rumors" that are basically fanboy wishlists anyone could come up with and still get some right and some wrong, and you've got a whole dynamic to the rumor-reporting thing that really can get people's hopes up and then let some people down...  Not everything over time has come from really concrete sources and some has been more off the mark than on despite being claimed to be "valid"...  It happens.  Hasbro's reminding people that, till it's out of their lips, it's just gossip and may not come to fruition.

Certain things though, like the AT-TE, have been public knowledge pretty much...  The UBP's were the similar in that we'd seen 'em, we'd seen DPCI's, and we knew they were on the way, but Hasbro wouldn't comment.  Seems more like the policy is just an across-the-board one even when we've seen an item they haven't personally confirmed yet is all.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 14, 2008, 09:04 AM »
That's PR departments for ya. On some level, they sometimes get a perverse joy out of messing with people.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 14, 2008, 09:19 AM »
It's really too bad that this stuff leaks as early as it does.  How cool would it have been to hear about the AT-TE for the first time, from Jeff at Toy Fair?

There's really nothing being shown at Toy Fair that we don't already know about.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 14, 2008, 09:57 AM »

There's really nothing being shown at Toy Fair that we don't already know about.

THAT WE KNOW ABOUT.   HASBRO HAS SOMETIMES SLIPPED SOME WOWS IN THERE.  I DON'T THINK WE KNOW IT ALL. BUT WE WILL IN A FEW LONG DAYS
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 14, 2008, 11:42 AM »
I GUESS TIME WILL TELL!

THANKS!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 14, 2008, 12:34 PM »
....BUT WE WILL IN A FEW LONG DAYS

Man, you said it. A few LONG days. It's Thursday now and it still feels a week off. This weekend just can't get here soon enough!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #186 on: February 14, 2008, 10:01 PM »
I'll be here saturday night...waiting...if not for the Sw stuff, for Indiana Jones! "Damn!  I thought that was closer!"
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 14, 2008, 11:04 PM »
I'll be here saturday night...waiting...if not for the Sw stuff, for Indiana Jones! "Damn!  I thought that was closer!"

I'll be parked at the 'puter all night salivating.

I'll have several collecting website's homepages open, waiting on any news of toyfair.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 15, 2008, 08:46 AM »
For me it'll be like Christmas night. Not sleeping well due to the anticipation, then waking up in the morning to lots of joy.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 15, 2008, 04:56 PM »
I've got a friend going to the early bird whatchamacallit on Saturday. It's supposed to be a 5 hour event. I'm hoping to find out some prize info then. No pictures are allowed though... :(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #190 on: February 16, 2008, 02:57 PM »
Some early photos have leaked, and while large, it doesn't appear that it's to-scale as one had hoped...  this seems to put the Rebelscum length estimates in some doubt, though they did come from European sources which I'm not sure are always as accurate as others over there...  It doesn't look like it definitely is, however our rumor report on the opening troop doors does appear to be 100% on the money. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #191 on: February 16, 2008, 06:32 PM »
It's spectacular.   :o
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 16, 2008, 06:36 PM »
Yeah, it sure is!

« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 06:38 PM by Robo-Quack »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #193 on: February 16, 2008, 06:41 PM »
Looks like there is a space for some pack-in figures. Did it say what figures werre included ont he box?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #194 on: February 16, 2008, 06:42 PM »
The AT-TE comes with just one Pilot/Driver Clone...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender