Author Topic: Clone Wars AT-TE  (Read 108113 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: 2008 Clone Wars AT-TE
« Reply #225 on: February 17, 2008, 05:12 PM »
I was pretty much convinced i wasnt going to buy one but after seeing it, i want one. It really looks impressive. Damn...I am so weak.  ;)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 17, 2008, 07:21 PM »

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 17, 2008, 08:04 PM »
OMG. that's freakin' AWESOME!!!!!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 17, 2008, 08:12 PM »
I think it's safe to say that without any room for debate, this is by far the BEST Star Wars vehicle Kenner/Hasbro has ever produced.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 17, 2008, 08:26 PM »
I think it's safe to say that without any room for debate, this is by far the BEST Star Wars vehicle Kenner/Hasbro has ever produced.

Without a doubt!

If more kids were into SW, this would be a SERIOUS contender for toy of the year in the mainstream consumer market.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #230 on: February 18, 2008, 02:31 AM »
Guess our little report prior to Toy Fair was spot-on that the Troop Doors work via a motor and deploys 3 doors...

Very slick.  And really, that guy's hand is either small or that's bigger than I was initially thinking.  You're right Jeff, I'm changing fast...  I'm however NOT changing my idea that I may actually gut one for a more "full" interior...  I'm debating that idea.

Damn that's a nice piece though.  Kudos to GalacticHunter's video too, very nice to show how it works.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 19, 2008, 01:14 PM »
Okay, now knowing how big the toy is, here is a comparative view of the dropship and AT-TE. As you can see the dropship would have to be HUGE. For such a "niche" vehicle as this, I don't see anyway of Hasbro making this (and affordable-given the most anyone would want on average would be one).

Though, I do look forward to seeing someone make a cool custom of this. The current gunship is too small to make it work, but I can see someone using it as the basis for the custom.

(Excuse the crude job of the graphic but I wanted to get this posted quickly and I'm on lunch and lunch is almost over with....)

-Sal
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 01:15 PM by jedi_master_sal »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 19, 2008, 02:53 PM »
The dropship would be cool, but honestly I don't need one... I really don't think they'll ever get around to making it.  If the AT-TE costs $100.00, this thing would probably be in that price range too, just because of the sheer size, right?

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #233 on: February 19, 2008, 04:33 PM »
Another great PhotoShop job Sal!  :)

I cannot see this ever getting made because a kid would have to be very big to pick up both toys to play out the feature. Let alone the drop ship toy pick up the damn thing. A larger gunship would be pretty sweet to have one day, but I want the Falcon first!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 19, 2008, 04:42 PM »
Hmm.....All this talk about the Drop Ship.

I'd love to see the drop test on this thing.  Obviously it passed or this toy wouldn't be going forward into production, but I just think it would be nice to see what happens to good toys when bad things happen.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #235 on: February 19, 2008, 04:54 PM »
Another problem ... as I understand it the length is the same for both the LAAT/i infantry and LAAT/c cargo versions of the gunship (17.4 meters), and the only real difference is that the lower rear portion has been gutted to fit the vehicles.

But in order for the dropship toy to fit with the AT-TE toy, it would have to end up being significantly larger than the four previously released gunships. Putting them side-by-side would look (to use the vernacular of our times) pretty wack.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 19, 2008, 06:17 PM »
Another problem ... as I understand it the length is the same for both the LAAT/i infantry and LAAT/c cargo versions of the gunship (17.4 meters), and the only real difference is that the lower rear portion has been gutted to fit the vehicles.

But in order for the dropship toy to fit with the AT-TE toy, it would have to end up being significantly larger than the four previously released gunships. Putting them side-by-side would look (to use the vernacular of our times) pretty wack.

Exactly. That was my point. Hence why I posted the pic. (Maybe I should have included a ghosted toy gunship for scale ion relation to the AT-TE so we can see the difference in size the drop ship would need to be.

Ah well, another photoshop project if I have time tonight.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 20, 2008, 10:31 AM »
I don't know if this has been said definitively or not, but is the AT-TE going to be out on 7/26 or later in the year (around holidays)?  Just curious, as I map out my savings plan :P.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 20, 2008, 11:08 AM »
I'm pretty sure that 7/26 is the release date...

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 20, 2008, 03:24 PM »
I'm pretty sure that 7/26 is the release date...

Hey Chewie - where did you hear that? A couple of other sites are indicating that Hasbro said the AT-TE was coming out more towards the holiday shopping season, so I wouldn't expect it until September/October.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!