Author Topic: Clone Wars AT-TE  (Read 107855 times)

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Clone Wars AT-TE
« Reply #240 on: February 20, 2008, 04:16 PM »
I BELEIVE HASBRO STATED IN THEIR SLIDE SHOW THAT IT WOULD BE RELEASE 7/26.    I MAY BE WRONG BUT I WOULD THINK IF THEY WERE GOING TO HAVE A MOVIE RELEASE IN AUGUST THE STORES WOULD NEED TO BE PACKED WITH TOYS FOR ALL THE KIDDIES COMING OUT OF THE MOVIES AND WANTING THE TOYS.   I SMELL MIDNIGHT MADNESS COMING THIS SUMMER.   AND EACH STORE GETTING TWO AT-TE IN.  AND FIVE HUNDRED YODA PEG WARMERS.   
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #241 on: February 20, 2008, 04:24 PM »
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 04:24 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #242 on: February 25, 2008, 02:29 PM »
I can see this being in short supply and cleaned out for midnight madness, it's the first thing people will go for with most buying two.

Man, it's like they are printing Benjamins with the AT-TE! :o
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 25, 2008, 03:30 PM »
I can see this being in short supply and cleaned out for midnight madness, it's the first thing people will go for with most buying two.

Man, it's like they are printing Benjamins with the AT-TE! :o
Agreed.

I'm wondering if they'll actually put a limit on these things.

I plan on hitting every and any store that does a midnight madness that night, in my area.

I'm hoping to at least score 3 of the 5 I want. But, my mission is at the least 1 for me and my fiancee will pick up another, plus 2-4 Homing Spider droids. The figures can wait. I expect them to be easy to find. I'm not getting the animated stuff, so it would just be the realistic figs. I dn't see wave 3 selling all that fast. Yes, maybe for midnight madness, but in a week or two they'll be replenished.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 25, 2008, 03:46 PM »
I'm pretty sure that 7/26 is the release date...

Hey Chewie - where did you hear that? A couple of other sites are indicating that Hasbro said the AT-TE was coming out more towards the holiday shopping season, so I wouldn't expect it until September/October.

I don't know, I could have sworn I've seen in posted in a few places?  Maybe forums, so it could be incorrect information.

As for getting this sucker, starting in early July, I'll be hitting Target customer service with the DPCI...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 25, 2008, 09:28 PM »
As for getting this sucker, starting in early July, I'll be hitting Target customer service with the DPCI...

EXACTLY.  With 40 Targets around the Mpls metro, I'm hoping this is not much trouble to track down, especially with the DPCI trick.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #246 on: February 25, 2008, 11:22 PM »
DCPI is right! I almost forgot because I hate Target so much. However, I hate crowds more, so I will do the same just to get it out of the way. I plan on getting 2 AT-TE's and x4 Homing spiders. I am not to juiced about the Torrent so I will only picking up one of those.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #247 on: February 26, 2008, 07:43 AM »
I'm pretty sure that 7/26 is the release date...

Hey Chewie - where did you hear that? A couple of other sites are indicating that Hasbro said the AT-TE was coming out more towards the holiday shopping season, so I wouldn't expect it until September/October.

I don't know, I could have sworn I've seen in posted in a few places?  Maybe forums, so it could be incorrect information.

The price and release date were announced in Hasbro's press release. 7.26.08
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 07:44 AM by Jayson »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 26, 2008, 09:11 AM »
People really think there will be a midnight madness? I donno.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 26, 2008, 10:41 AM »
There may or may not be a midnight madness.  But it does appear to be a hard street date.  That date showed up in almost all of the Hasbro presentation slides.  There are a good number of movie licensed toy lines out there that launch on a specific date, and usually the cases have the street date stamped in red.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #250 on: February 26, 2008, 10:44 AM »
The 26th is also a Saturday, which increases the potential for having an Midnight sale.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 26, 2008, 11:33 AM »
It might be good to start petitions to the big three (Wal*Mart, Target, TRU) to have midnight madness events.
Be nice if we could get fellow SW collecting sites participation in this as well.

At the least I know I'm going to be asking often of my local stores to have an event, ESPECIALLY TRU. I REALLY want them to succeed. This will in all likelyhood be the LAST hurrah for the SW line as far as BIG releases go. So TRU (or one or both of the others) should try to capitalize on this.

Even if you folks don't want to do a petition nationally, hit up you local stores. It's possible we might create enough buzz there for the Corp HQs to take notice.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #252 on: February 27, 2008, 03:39 PM »
This will in all likelyhood be the LAST hurrah for the SW line as far as BIG releases go.

Sal is right, we should ask TRU to plant the seeds. I am sure they are already planning it, but I think it will be up to the store to decides and may not see as much support as the movies.

Sal my friend, you did forgot the one other SW major project the Flanneled Bearded one has on tap. Maybe you should revise your quote to this:

This will in all likelyhood be the LAST hurrah for the SW line as far as BIG releases go until the live action TV show.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 03:39 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 27, 2008, 03:56 PM »
There will be more movies.  There's too much money involved.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 27, 2008, 04:29 PM »
This will in all likelyhood be the LAST hurrah for the SW line as far as BIG releases go.

Sal is right, we should ask TRU to plant the seeds. I am sure they are already planning it, but I think it will be up to the store to decides and may not see as much support as the movies.

Sal my friend, you did forgot the one other SW major project the Flanneled Bearded one has on tap. Maybe you should revise your quote to this:

This will in all likelyhood be the LAST hurrah for the SW line as far as BIG releases go until the live action TV show.

Oh I didn't forget it, but since as of this moment there are no talks of a movie being released along side it to kickstart sales of action figures, then I'd be surprised if there would be another midnight madness for the live show.

Also, the live action show hasn't even really started production. So who knows if that will ever even really get off the ground. I think the success of the cartoon AND toys for the cartoon are going to play into the live show being done or not and for how long.

So I chose to actively omit the live show as a reference point to a midnight madness. heh heh