Author Topic: Clone Wars AT-TE  (Read 107523 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars AT-TE
« Reply #435 on: July 13, 2009, 10:41 AM »
I read on a website (don't have the link, sorry) that TRU will be running a Christmas in July sale, and the AT-TE will be one of the advertised items. The sale takes place not this week but next, and the AT-TE will be 50% off at all TRU stores. If I find the link again, I'll post it here.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #436 on: July 14, 2009, 02:38 PM »
Here's the link.

Christmas in July deals available in Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com from Sunday, July 19 through Saturday, July 25 include:
50% OFF Star Wars™ Clone Wars Republic AT-TE – Was: $99.99; Now: $49.99
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 02:40 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 18, 2009, 09:57 AM »
I noticed that TRU.com already has this marked down to $49.99 this morning.  Not a bad deal at all.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 19, 2009, 11:35 AM »
I noticed that TRU.com already has this marked down to $49.99 this morning.  Not a bad deal at all.

Couldn't make it out to the stores this morning so I ordered one on-line.  Can't beat that price.  I plan on giving it to my kids at Christmas, so it's only appropriate that it was the Christmas in July sale.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 20, 2009, 10:55 AM »
I bought two of those this weekend. Great price for this. I originally thought I wanted 5, but determined 4 would suffice for my needs. I already had 2 prior to this purchase, so now I'm up to my wanted amount.

I'm going to use 2 for my Geonosis diorama, 1 for Utapau and 1 for Coruscant or maybe Felucia.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 20, 2009, 11:26 AM »
$49.99 is really a great price for this sucker.  I was tempted to pick up a few more, but I'm good with two.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 20, 2009, 12:09 PM »
I finally broke down and bought one as well.  I couldn't really budget it in at the $100 price it seems (alongside the Falcon last year), but always thought "if I find it on clearance, I'll consider it" - for $50, I ordered one online as well.  Our local stores don't have any of these in stock, otherwise I would have grabbed it locally.  I was actually sort of surprised to see these still in stock at TRU.com this morning, with the $50 price.  I figured they would be sold out instantly, but maybe people have already picked up their fill a year later.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 12:24 PM by Brian »

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 30, 2009, 03:52 PM »
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 30, 2009, 04:11 PM »
From the video game right?

This is what CostCo should have released as their exclusive last year, a slightly re-tooled version worth the attention of collectors.

Let's hope they get it right with the Turbo Tank this year...NO RE-PACK!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #444 on: September 30, 2009, 04:24 PM »
I wouldn't count on Cost Co or bulk retail "clubs" like that to get anything that is newly tooled...  First I think Hasbro knows it would annoy some, but second they generally do get and sell their items on somewhat of a lower price scale/discount.  "New tooling" usually doesn't jive with that.  The big club stores tend to also get less product in it seems, though that's the case with many exclusives in general.  But still that's also a third strike against "new tooling".

Maybe a repaint...  But new tooling usually comes at a fair cost too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 30, 2009, 05:50 PM »
I wouldn't count on Cost Co or bulk retail "clubs" like that to get anything that is newly tooled...  First I think Hasbro knows it would annoy some, but second they generally do get and sell their items on somewhat of a lower price scale/discount.  "New tooling" usually doesn't jive with that.  The big club stores tend to also get less product in it seems, though that's the case with many exclusives in general.  But still that's also a third strike against "new tooling".

Maybe a repaint...  But new tooling usually comes at a fair cost too.

VEry good points, you are almost certainly right about this. I am just hoping against hope. CostCo's AT-TE re-packaged release last year is still the only CW toy I have never been able to find. I'm not really sure I even want it, but it sort of bugs me knowing it's out there, even if all the xtra figs were straight repacks.

I'm definitely going to be combing the aisles for their exclusive this year though. Just to decide with it in my hands...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 1, 2009, 01:46 PM »
This is of course super-late to the AT-TE "party", but I finally got a chance to open this up and put it together this week - and it really is spiffy.  I couldn't afford to get it last year, but finally bit the bullet when it was on sale for $50 at TRU earlier this year.  I've been re-arranging the office/collection room, so finally got around to opening it up, and I'm glad I ended up getting this.  I haven't had any issues with the legs (at least not yet), and it really is not only a nice collectible, but a fun toy too.  Very cool.  I am usually more interested in the OT vehicles, but this really is nicely done.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 1, 2009, 01:52 PM »
I haven't had any issues with the legs (at least not yet)

I didn't have any issues until the second or third week - legs just started falling off due to the body's own weight.  Perhaps they fixed that with the latter releases?  Tubing worked great.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #448 on: October 29, 2009, 10:32 PM »
The AT-TE is 50% off tomorrow and Sat at TRU.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 30, 2009, 02:11 AM »
The AT-TE is 50% off tomorrow and Sat at TRU.

I've seen it routinely marked down by 50% at the Toys R Us Holiday Express outlets.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback