Author Topic: Clone Wars AT-TE  (Read 107518 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: AT-TE to be released next fall in 2008!
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2007, 07:16 AM »
Well this just made my day.  Pretty safe to say that we all figured it was coming out sooner or later in some form, so it's nice to finally see at least some "evidence" that this sucker is on its way.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2007, 09:26 AM »
Congrats to you guys who want one. I am just hoping it doesnt have any cool pack-in figures because i dont want to get one.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2007, 09:33 AM »
Target? I'll just wait 'till it hits clearance. ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2007, 09:52 AM »
I just hope its not a Target exclusive, because if it is wel that will just suck for me. :-\
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2007, 10:05 AM »
Awesome!  It's about time.  Yeah, it definately looks like they will wait for the cartoon to launch it.  I am almost certain they will throw in some clonetroopers with it.  Probably from the cartoon as well.  Well we shall see.  It definately is looking better for the AT-TE!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2007, 10:17 AM »
This is certainly good (expensive) news.  At $100 this will have to be gigantic.  It will probably end up being as much a playset as a vehicle, kind of like the Royal Starship from TPM.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2007, 11:29 AM »
I can definately see Hasbro making one of these. They alread made a simular vehicle for gi joe back in '88. It shouldn't be too hard to customize this vehicle into an AT-TE. This sucker was 3 feet long and opened up.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2007, 11:34 AM »
Happy happy joy joy!!!  ;D

By then I will be in a situation which will permit me to afford a few of those! Whahooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2007, 12:00 PM »
I'm worried to say this since eveyone seems to be so excited but aren't there a lot of other "large" vehicles they could make for $100 that would be better than an ATTE? Give me something OTC!!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2007, 12:02 PM »
I suppose this will be out in the 4th Quarter, when I really can't afford one. I'll see what happens, but I'd sure like to get one.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2007, 01:36 PM »
I'm worried to say this since eveyone seems to be so excited but aren't there a lot of other "large" vehicles they could make for $100 that would be better than an ATTE? Give me something OTC!!

name one? the AT-AT has already been done, and i am certainly not gonna pay $100 for a under sized Tantive lV
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2007, 02:20 PM »
aren't there a lot of other "large" vehicles they could make for $100 that would be better than an ATTE?

Not when 2008's going to center around a big 3-D Cartoon called Clone Wars that features this vehicle prominently in it. ;) 

Not to say I wouldn't like to see a new AT-AT, but really when you get into "big" OT vehicles, I think most are fairly boring beyond the AT-AT...  The Tantive IV is dull and more suited to a playset type idea than a vehicle.  The Sandcrawler sort of falls under the same category...

Jabba's Barge comes to mind though, as it's a good action sequence...  But that's about it. 

2008's CW though, and this is something I think people will want.  I just also think that, if it's at every retailer, you will see them sit.  For $100, that's asking a lot of people, and I don't find that collectors put their $$$ up despite their claims.  The AT-AT's have moved quite well here though so you never know.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2007, 02:34 PM »
For $100, that's asking a lot of people, and I don't find that collectors put their $$$ up despite their claims.  The AT-AT's have moved quite well here though so you never know.

I'll be putting up my $$$$$ five times.

I love me some AT-TE.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2007, 02:48 PM »
I think I just need to stay out of this conversation from here on because I like the OTC stuff much more than the Prequel stuff and I'm always going to be biased.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2007, 03:00 PM »
Very encouraging news!  The $100 price tag is high, but for something like this I think it's to be expected.  I wonder just how big it's going to be, and what kind of features we can expect.

As for OT large vehicles?  A Tantive IV would be too small to have any kind of diorama that people really want to stage.  The Rebel Transport is kind of boring.  Jabba's Sail Barge is probably the only really interesting thing that could be made with *SOME* level of accuracy and have some play value.  Other than a completely redesigned Millenium Falcon, that is.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback