Author Topic: Hello there!  (Read 3015 times)

Offline darthchuckmc

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Hello there!
« on: November 27, 2007, 07:26 PM »
Well, let's see. I'm DarthChuckMc on pretty much every SW site from sea to shining sea, so I thought I'd stick with it.

I'm 35, married with 3 kids (Theresa 13, Bryan 11 and Delaney is almost 1).
I started collecting SW in '78 after seeing ANH in the theater. My Grandmother bought me my 1st figures (Luke, Ben, Artoo & 3PO) from Belks, and I was hooked. I had every figure and vehicle right up to POTF.

When I turned 14, I thought girls were more important than SW toys, so I sold them  :o and used the money to buy a guitar and amp. I started a metal band (Mind's Eye) with my best friend from middle school, and started learning Iron Maiden and Metallica songs. We made an EP & full length album, but never got signed. Our music was similar to Maiden, Rush & Queensryche. We did pretty well around Florida, and even won the 1992 North FL RockWars. (We lost to a ZZTop cover band for the STATE championship  :-[ )
Anyway, around 1993 I met my 1st wife, and stupidly quit the band for "love". That went well until 1995 when POTF2 came out, and I became a SW toy junkie/completest. It was then I discovered SSG and RS on the internet with my WebTV. After endless fighting about toys (and her cheating on me with a redneck 17 year old that worked at Wal*Mart), we split up in 1998.

In 1999 I started working for Target overnights, and did that for 2 years until my daughter started Kindergarden. I left Target for BestBuy, where I stayed until I was laid off in 2003. I went back to Target (different store), and have been there ever since as a Toys, Sporting Goods & Automotive Team Lead (all 3 departments at once, that's why we can't always get everything done on time ;) )
I met my current wife while working there, and we were married a year and a half later. She's alot better looking, alot more stable, and alot more accepting of my SW habit than my ex ever was.

There you go, everything you may or may not have wanted to know about DMC in a nutshell.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Hello there!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 09:31 AM »
Welcome aboard Chuck, glad to see you over this way. It'll be nice to have your insight around here.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline manglord

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 02:09 AM »
Yo Darthchuckmc, I can't believe you guys lost to a ZZ top cover band, Yeah...How far did they go..Right?
Sounds like your band may have had a lil' more to offer, just my opinion without ever having heard your music. I mean c'mon a cover band. Anyway cool, pleased to meet you!
I tried the band thing for a while too. We were known as King Komodo.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 02:48 AM »
Belated welcome to JD, DMC.  Always nice to have another Target supporter on board!  ;)  Hope you enjoy the site, and feel free to let us know if there's anything we can do for ya'.  We're here to serve...  Looking forward to chatting with you around the boards here...

- Matt