Author Topic: Price range of Blue Snaggletooth?  (Read 63044 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Price range of Blue Snaggletooth?
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2007, 05:31 AM »
Congrats on the Snag Brad, looks really good & a dented boot version.  8)

Offline THE STAR WARS NERD

• Youngling
  • messa a girly
    • View Profile
vintage blue snagletooth
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2009, 09:37 PM »
first off... how many of you no the signifacance of the figure? second [ahhhhhh im not writing in caps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]] THERE, SECOND, WHAT EXACTLY MADE THAT PARTICULAR FIGURE SPECIAL? PLS HELP ME UNDERSTAND
There are a lot of things in this world.........i hope you don't get eaten

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: vintage blue snagletooth
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2009, 10:23 PM »
first off... how many of you no the signifacance of the figure? second [ahhhhhh im not writing in caps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]] THERE, SECOND, WHAT EXACTLY MADE THAT PARTICULAR FIGURE SPECIAL? PLS HELP ME UNDERSTAND

The Blue Snags was only available via a Sears Catalog Cantina playset.  The set included A plastic cantina base and cardboard backdrop with some play features and four figures: Greedo, Walrusman, Hammerhead and Blue Snaggletooth.  The other three were available as carded figures, as was a shorter red Snaggletooth, but the only way to get the blue one was via this set, which is why it's a little more "rare" than most of the other figs.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2009, 05:54 PM »
Yeah $60 is definitely good for Han Carb, I think that's what I got mine for.

eBay is also definitely the way to go for finding the current value of almost any collectible. It's always been my thinking (and this is how the price guides use to come up with their numbers) that a collectible's value is always set at what it most recently sold for. Unfortunately for Blue Snaggletooths that seems to be in the range of $100-$150 based on condition nowadays. Good luck!

In seeing Jayson's newly acquired Blue Snaggletooth, it got me thinking about how things have changed from my observations lately on pricing for this guy. A few years ago a pretty good condition Blue Snags would run between $100-$150, however lately I've seen junkers going for that price. I'm talking about figures where the blue jumpsuit is faded such that the torso and limbs do not match, almost no silver left on the boots, nicks and scratches on the hand and so on. It would seem to get a really quality Blue Snags could cost as much as $200. Am I seeing unique occurences or has there truly been a shift in the value for this guy?
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline THE STAR WARS NERD

• Youngling
  • messa a girly
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2009, 06:31 PM »
Yeah i no the price is going up but the quality of those old figures are getting worse i feel your pain mate
There are a lot of things in this world.........i hope you don't get eaten

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2009, 11:05 PM »
Yeah $60 is definitely good for Han Carb, I think that's what I got mine for.

eBay is also definitely the way to go for finding the current value of almost any collectible. It's always been my thinking (and this is how the price guides use to come up with their numbers) that a collectible's value is always set at what it most recently sold for. Unfortunately for Blue Snaggletooths that seems to be in the range of $100-$150 based on condition nowadays. Good luck!

In seeing Jayson's newly acquired Blue Snaggletooth, it got me thinking about how things have changed from my observations lately on pricing for this guy. A few years ago a pretty good condition Blue Snags would run between $100-$150, however lately I've seen junkers going for that price. I'm talking about figures where the blue jumpsuit is faded such that the torso and limbs do not match, almost no silver left on the boots, nicks and scratches on the hand and so on. It would seem to get a really quality Blue Snags could cost as much as $200. Am I seeing unique occurences or has there truly been a shift in the value for this guy?

I've been watching these for quite a while as well.  I'm not sure I can vouch for the same level of price discrepancy, but it does feel like the overall prices are a tad higher, despite there being about as many on the secondary market as I recall seeing in years past.  I'd agree that the "average" price has probably gone up $20-30 in the last few years, but that's just my own speculation from the sales I've seen.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2009, 11:07 PM »
This BS went for a really good price of $126.02.

I have seen some nice ones on the bay go for a song, some of those auctions end early in the day or when people are at work. At times, sellers ask way to much for the faded/beater ones. Just gotta keep looking & hope you can score a good deal.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2009, 01:25 AM »
Not bad at all. So glad I'm done with this one... now I'm looking for an Amanaman on the cheap. (Not that I can afford it, at the moment, but I'm looking just in case...)

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #23 on: June 3, 2009, 05:33 PM »
I just got this one for $90: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=150348207318

Looks pretty nice to me, and the price was right; I'm a Yak Face and a Pop-up R2 away from my full vintage set now.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #24 on: June 3, 2009, 06:28 PM »
I think you did pretty good!

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #25 on: June 3, 2009, 06:29 PM »
Me too - I put the bid in about five minutes to closing and was all set for a last minute back and forth battle, but it never happened. Can't wait to get it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #26 on: June 3, 2009, 06:33 PM »
Me too - I put the bid in about five minutes to closing and was all set for a last minute back and forth battle, but it never happened. Can't wait to get it!

Nice pick up there.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #27 on: June 3, 2009, 06:35 PM »
Thanks, sir.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 3, 2009, 07:18 PM »
That's in great shape for just $90 - nicely done!

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #29 on: June 3, 2009, 10:53 PM »
Thanks - I'll be interested to get it in hand, though. I've had a number of ebay grabs that don't look nearly as great as the photos do. The seller in this case looks like they don't really know what they have or what they're worth, and they're selling off a bunch more vintage stuff now, mostly in lots, so if you guys need to fill holes, keep an eye on them.