Collectibles > Rogue One

The Playset Thread

(1/53) > >>

Jesse James:
With the news from Toy Fair trickling out slowly, I found it interesting the news on Gentle Giant's Bust-Up line and it moving to full figures and possibly scenes.  Scenes could equate "sets" or something nice to display figures in if the Bust-Up line stays at the current scale it is at...  right around 3.75" sized.

Could it be Gentle Giant are delving into an area they know Hasbro will not?  Since no photography of these unfinalized items was allowed, it's tough to say, but even if say the Death Star set with Tarkin (I must have this) and a Gunner is just a section of hallway it'll be something pretty bitching to display Death Star figures with I think.

The Endor one could be cool too... 

I'm at the least intrigued at how these will mesh with the basic Hasbro line...  I know I use bust-ups in customs, and sometimes the weapons are fantastic to mix into the Hasbro figures (Bossk's gun kicks much ass, as do lightsabers you get).  I was already looking forward to pilferring some of those Clone Wars Clone weapons like the mini-gun and Sae Sae's armor pieces.

I might be doing some ordering on GG stuff for once if this turns out to be some compatible items.

Morgbug:
No.

I take it all you guys are familiar with star wars bustups but not familiar with the Simspons line?  In that picture are what I think are Simpsons versions of what they are planning on releasing in the Star Wars line.  Regular SW bustup on the left, regular TAC 3.75" figure on the right.  Playsets, if you will, in the middle.

I'm guessing you're all way too optimistic about this and what size these things are going to be.

I also think that if they move to full figures, they'll be half sized rather than a direct competitor for Hasbro.  I'd think Hasbro has something in their license that would prevent a competitor from doing something remarkably similar in plastic at a similar price point.  Attakus isn't the same because it's metal and about 10 x more expensive. 

Jesse James:
Good points Brent...  Definitely could be a letdown.  There might be something useable to them but perhaps not if that's any indication.  I'm not familiar with anything GG really, even the SW stuff to a great extent, so that could be a downer for sure.

CHEWIE:
Jesse, I really, really... really, really, really hope that Gentle Giant is answering the playset call.  Maybe I'm too much of an optimist, I don't know.  I just hope that Gentle Giant is making mini scenes that are in scale with the 3-3/4 line... I know some people think it's foolish to think that we'lll ever get playsets or dioramas and are sick of hearing some people push for them... but I really do think that they could be a great addition to our collections and be beneficial for the company that produces them if they are made right.

I think if they did, given the quality that Gentle Giant is known for, that we would be very happy with it and Gentle Giant would cash in on market that just isn't being tapped.

Keeping my fingers crossed, but not going to be let down if Morbug's right, which he very well may be. 

:P

Dan:
I would bet my money on Morbugs assessment as well, but I would be ectstatic if someone/anyone made some decent diorama/environments for the figures. I'm one of those people who has kept harping about these things (Hasbro Q & A be damned), so don't give up Chewie.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version