Author Topic: Black Friday Cluster F... It's Coming!  (Read 13976 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Black Friday Cluster F... It's Coming!
« Reply #15 on: November 2, 2007, 10:15 AM »
It makes sense for the contest to only be open to people who bought them during that one week, but not that the items would only be available for 7 days.  I mean, what are they going to do after 7 days if they haven't all sold?

I hope this is true, but you never know. Theoretically, they could pull the stock off the shelf and return them to be destroyed. Doesn't make sense, but it happens.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 2, 2007, 11:25 AM »
Hmmm... I'm thinking they'll be on shelves until they sell out.  A $50.00 toy that so many people are looking forward to doesn't seem to be something that they would destroy overstock on...

I think the Hoth sets will sell a lot faster than the Endor sets.  I will try and get at least one Hoth set, perhaps two.  Then the Endor set, I doubt I'll get. But we'll see I suppose.  Black Friday... I hate you.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 2, 2007, 12:49 PM »
I'd guess that too - I'm buying a Hoth set if I see one, Endor I could care less.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 2, 2007, 01:56 PM »
I'm hoping for a really good buy-one-get-one-half-off or a buy-two-get-one-free deal on TAC figures.  I'm itching to further army build some Stormtroopers, DS Troopers, jawas and a couple others.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 2, 2007, 02:16 PM »
Of course I am! I think it's always worth the insanity, especially if I can get the Hoth packs and a tiny chance to have a Robo-Quack action figure!  ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 2, 2007, 02:34 PM »
Once again, it is proven that living in MN must rule...  :D

I pretty much go to Target every year on Black Friday.  We usually get there within 30min of opening, and we usually never have any trouble buying what we want.  Maybe it's the fact that there are so many Targets that folks are more spread out or something.  Anyway, I'll be there to buy my ultimate battle packs, my cheap DVDs, and whatever other goodies they use to tempt me.

ditto  :)

I usually pre-plan my morning Target attack so I'm usually in and out within a matter of minutes.  I've never seen mobs of people hoarding anything and it's suprisingly calm for the most part.  I just haven't quite decided what to pick out from the endcap dealy.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 2, 2007, 02:38 PM »
Hmm... get up early and brave the crowds to buy toys or get up early and drive to a college football game with friends...

It's a no brainer here folks.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 2, 2007, 03:10 PM »
Hmm... get up early and brave the crowds to buy toys or get up early and drive to a college football game with friends...

It's a no brainer here folks.

Agreed.

Hopefully your friends will find it in their hearts to forgive you.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 3, 2007, 10:29 AM »
Hmmm... I'm thinking they'll be on shelves until they sell out.  A $50.00 toy that so many people are looking forward to doesn't seem to be something that they would destroy overstock on...

One would hope and think. I'm just speaking in the hypothetical here, but these things probably cost very little to produce so there's probably not much of a loss if Target tries to pull them off the shelf after a week, especially if they sell X amount of units. But you're right, probably won't happen.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: November 4, 2007, 03:56 AM »
I'm not counting on them being pulled...  I would think that, simply, the contest itself is for a limited time or some such, while the toys will be out there...  Perhaps clearanced quickly, but out there.

Found out some interesting things about exclusives too, and Target "holding back".  Apparantly we're in for a lot of exclusives in a short time.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 4, 2007, 09:59 AM »
Perhaps clearanced quickly, but out there.

That would be sweet.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 4, 2007, 02:31 PM »
I would be all over that - I wonder if they'll actually hit clearance though?  Last year I was thinking the Shuttles in my area would, but they never did.  They sold out too fast - and this was with having close to 10 Targets in the area.  I'd say they were all gone by mid December. 

;)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 4, 2007, 02:36 PM »
I'm notb going out that day. Screw the Target battle packs.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 5, 2007, 11:15 AM »
I would be all over that - I wonder if they'll actually hit clearance though?  Last year I was thinking the Shuttles in my area would, but they never did.  They sold out too fast - and this was with having close to 10 Targets in the area.  I'd say they were all gone by mid December. 

;)

As I recall, a couple targets by us let the shuttle hit clearance, but they didn't last more than a few hours on clearance.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 5, 2007, 08:48 PM »
Yeah, I remember hearing reports of the shuttle being found for as little as $15.00... I never saw one on clearance though.  I bought two at full price.