Author Topic: Black Friday Cluster F... It's Coming!  (Read 13979 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Black Friday Cluster F... It's Coming!
« Reply #30 on: November 6, 2007, 10:32 AM »
Target is open at 6am on Black Friday. I just called three of my local ones and they all said the same thing.

So if you're looking to go, go early. I'll be there before 6am. Wasn't going to do this, this year, but what the hey. I'm only looking for a certain few of the exclusives (Whale ARC,  Whale ARC pilots/troopers pack, and maybe the Hoth Pack.).

Though if it becomes clear that Target is going to have product longer than the "week" long sale, I will prolly hold off on the Hoth set and hope to get it on clearance. I really only want the Turret and have no need for the figs or the AT-ST.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 6, 2007, 10:54 AM »
I really only am interested in the new turret too jedi_master_sal .  I wish that was being put into a 2-pk or something in the medium vehicle type of assortment.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 6, 2007, 12:04 PM »
I really only am interested in the new turret too jedi_master_sal .  I wish that was being put into a 2-pk or something in the medium vehicle type of assortment.
Agreed. I think that piece is what's goig to make or brreak it for that set. Most of us already have all of those figures and the AT-ST. A slight snow deco on the AT-ST isn't enough for most of us to warrant getting the set.  While the blue coated Han is a throwback to the vintage years, that too has been played out long enough that it just doesn't matter to the majority of us (collectors), nor casual fans.

Oh, and please feel free to just call me Sal.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2007, 03:49 AM »
I may be able to get off work early enough to cross the border and drive to Spokane, WA, which has a 2 Targets and 4 Wal-Marts.  I've never experienced Black Friday shopping -- is it really that busy?  Or am I going to curl into the fetal position?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2007, 04:20 AM »
Oh, oh, oh...  You have no clue.

Pittsburgh's shopping is pretty spread out as it is.  We're nowhere near as lucky as the guys elsewhere as far as having 30 Targets on their commute and things (Then again, we have far fewer people overall crammed in around here, we have nice **** like trees and shrubs...  And we actually have commutes where we can live outside the city in farmland and still drive into the city ourselves...  So yeah we shouldn't gripe for quality of life for sure).  So the drive alone can annoy you, but when you get there, the people are guaranteed to make you so pissed off you could just punch an elderly person or 3 year old.

I tend to avoid it if I can, but exclusives and good deals do sometimes drive me out there.  I rarely actually do X-Mas shopping though, ironically.  It's usually something for myself when I'm out...  Which makes it easier to NOT go then if I'm just not up to the stress of it.

I can say though, I've seen videos of other cities/places in the states as the doors open on stores having big sales or whatever, and these masses of ******** running each other over as they tear into the store...  I've never witnessed anything like that except Midnight Madness for Star Wars crap...  It's terrible, and all too true for some I guess.  If you can pass being there as the door opens, you're probably less likely to witness that BS.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2007, 05:55 AM »
I may be able to get off work early enough to cross the border and drive to Spokane, WA, which has a 2 Targets and 4 Wal-Marts.  I've never experienced Black Friday shopping -- is it really that busy?  Or am I going to curl into the fetal position?

Bring a gun  ;D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2007, 10:32 AM »
I think I'm going to sit Black Friday out this year and just read everyone's experiences on the forums.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2007, 12:40 PM »
I hope Targets around here don't do what they did last year with the shuttle. They put it on their shelves two weeks after it was suppost to be released as a black friday special. (even though black friday was two weeks before) It then sat thru most of christmas.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 12:40 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2007, 10:40 AM »
Having worked black friday in the past the stores by me are insane. Fights are always occurring. I remember people started throwing shopping carts at each other last year at best buy. Always madness.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline jedismack

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2007, 11:19 AM »
My family and I usually go out on Black Friday but we usually go to see everyone going bonkers it makes me laugh.As for the Target sales I have that worked out.my cousin just started as a Manager at Target and he has already told me that he is going to let me see what they have before they put it out.Man you gotta love family. ;D
These aren't the droids your'e looking for

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2007, 12:00 PM »
Target's Wow or Never site is now live.

From all the text on the site, it sounds like ONLY the contest runs from Nov 25th - Dec 1st.

The actual items (Ultimate Battle Packs) are available "while supplies last".  So, no worries about only having to buy them during the sale or whatever.

Also, please note that the contest DOES NOT include the Black Friday/Saturday days, but starts on the Sunday after Thansgiving.  That is also when the endcaps are supposed to appear.  So, there is a real chance that these might not even be put out for Black Friday, it will totally depend on when your local store decides to set up the "Wow or Never" endcap.

Anyway, once again it appears that the "black friday hype" was nothing big after all...   ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2007, 12:32 PM »
Thanks for the update Jeff.  I'll hit Target that weekend sometime, but probably not on Black Friday.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2007, 12:35 PM »
Thanks for the info Jeff.  I think we'll be heading to Target (and probably only Target) on Black Friday for some Christmas shopping anyways, so I'll check and see if these have popped up.  With the Shuttle, they weren't out until the Sunday after last year, so I'll probably head back then and check for the Hoth pack.  I'm just hoping that all of the other Target exclusives (ARC 170 BP, TIE Bomber, GH Jabba Scene, etc.) aren't all put out on Black Friday or something crazy like that.  I'd just as soon have some of those taken care of before, or after that crazy rush.  Like others have said, its going to be an expensive last month plus for this year.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2007, 02:40 PM »
I'm tempted to hit a Target in my area on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and list all the DCPI numbers and see what they have, and maybe pick up an item or two if they'll pull from the stockroom.

The TIE Bomber was found with the DPCI trick in St. Louis on Monday... might get it since it's only $25.00.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2007, 09:46 PM »

My wife and I have decided to brave the insanity, but we won't be there until Sunday.  But since Target's Wow or Never promotion doesn't start until then, it may still be pretty interesting.  ;)

Bring a gun  ;D

I think I'll leave the gun at home, but I might dig out the football pads.  Should be fun.  :D