Author Topic: Clone Wars Preview Figure - Captain Rex  (Read 80844 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Clone Wars Preview Figure - Captain Rex
« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2008, 05:55 PM »
I mailed off for number 13! Once I get some more certificate forms I am ready to mail away fo' more!
I have to see if they cashed my checks.....
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2008, 07:18 PM »
I mailed off for number 13! Once I get some more certificate forms I am ready to mail away fo' more!

Wow and i thought i sent away for alot at 4. Are you planning on doing some customs?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 23, 2008, 11:02 AM »

I was going to get four, but am settling for two. However to date I have sent off 20 certificates and UPCs sets to other collectors. At $7 per figure X 4 X 20, that has saved a total of $560 for those collectors. And I was glad to help.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2008, 06:25 PM »

That's insane.  I also thought I had oprdered too many with just four.  I would have ordered dozens, but at $7 a pop they aren't any better deal than the regular retail price.  :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 2, 2008, 04:53 PM »
Just as a heads up, I received a postcard in the mail today saying that they received my redemption request for the Clone Wars 2008 Captain Rex collectible figure, but due to an unanticipated production delay they will be unable to ship the figure(s) until the last week of July, 2008.  They also offer information if you want to cancel due to the delay.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 3, 2008, 02:09 AM »
Just as a heads up, I received a postcard in the mail today saying that they received my redemption request for the Clone Wars 2008 Captain Rex collectible figure, but due to an unanticipated production delay they will be unable to ship the figure(s) until the last week of July, 2008.  They also offer information if you want to cancel due to the delay.

That's weird - didn't they request an email address on the form?  Why not just save thousands in shipping costs and email people?   ???
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #111 on: May 3, 2008, 12:48 PM »
I got my notice today as well. no big deal, not too excited for the figure yet anyway

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 3, 2008, 01:44 PM »
I got my notice today as well. no big deal, not too excited for the figure yet anyway

Got two notices today as well.  I'm a little surprised that I got two different notices, but ordered four figures - you'd think they would either send four notices or just one?  ???

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 4, 2008, 02:06 PM »
Just a question for those of you who have gotten the delay notice: have your checks already been cashed?  Not to be nitpicky, but if they cashed the check and THEN sent out the delay notice, isn't that a little bit shady, or am I being a little too paranoid?

Also, isn't the very idea of a "sneak preview" figure supposed to be that you have it well before the actual main line hits?  If they're waiting until the last week of July to send this out, it's going to be hitting just as or immediately after the rest of the stuff hits, thus making the entire thing pretty pointless.   :-\

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #114 on: May 4, 2008, 02:10 PM »
Just a question for those of you who have gotten the delay notice: have your checks already been cashed?  Not to be nitpicky, but if they cashed the check and THEN sent out the delay notice, isn't that a little bit shady, or am I being a little too paranoid?

Also, isn't the very idea of a "sneak preview" figure supposed to be that you have it well before the actual main line hits?  If they're waiting until the last week of July to send this out, it's going to be hitting just as or immediately after the rest of the stuff hits, thus making the entire thing pretty pointless.   :-\

Yes the checks have already been cashed, at least mine.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 5, 2008, 10:26 PM »

My checks have all cashed.  From the sound of it, I think Hasbro planned to be sending them out sooner, but there was some sort of production delay.  If they're like most big corporations, finance and production don't interact much, so its likely that finance just went ahead with business as usual, thinking these would ship on time. 

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #116 on: May 5, 2008, 10:34 PM »
Just think of it like the '77 Early Bird kit promotion. You buy the figures/display first, then you get the figures in the mail months later.  :P
« Last Edit: May 5, 2008, 10:34 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 8, 2008, 10:35 AM »
My check was cashed but I never got a delayed notice.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline smartsoccerbb

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2008, 08:51 PM »
I can't believe we have to wait until the end of July for the Captain Rex figure!!!  >:(

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2008, 02:41 PM »
I wonder which will get here first. Rex or the Indy Crystal Skeleton?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours