Author Topic: Clone Wars Preview Figure - Captain Rex  (Read 81040 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Clone Wars Preview Figure?
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2008, 09:18 PM »
Hmmm, now that you mention this Pete, I may do a carded set and maybe an open set but not army build, though I'll be honest that that is going to be extremely hard for me to not do.(Army build).
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Preview Figure - Captain Rex
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2008, 10:48 PM »

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2008, 02:53 AM »
Diorama kicks ass.

I don't really want to dick around with the preview figures and the POPs so I will probably just go for the basic/dirty version.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2008, 09:04 AM »
It's interesting how his kama doesn't go all the way around...I wonder if that's a playability thing, and will allow him to sit in ships?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2008, 09:41 AM »
It's interesting how his kama doesn't go all the way around...I wonder if that's a playability thing, and will allow him to sit in ships?

Unless the kama is made of the most flexible plastic in the world or cloth, I'm afraid Captain Rex will suffer the same problems that all Clones w/kamas face - the inability to sit down. It probably just matches how he looks in the cartoon.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2008, 12:11 PM »
I'm looking forward to getting two of these (one to open, one to keep in package.)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2008, 02:53 PM »
Ball Jointed wrists! i think i may get three. one for package. 1 for opening and another for the hell of it lol. Mostly cause i want to have him in two diffeent scenes.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2008, 08:29 PM »
Gawd, it's becoming that much harder to pass these up.

Just two days ago I was 100% against them.
Yesterday 75% against.
Now I'm 50/50.

SDCC is going to really help make or break my decision. But at this rate, it looks like I may be one of the "fallen." (One of those who wouldn't collect the SW line, but caved) heh heh.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2008, 03:36 PM »
It's easy to stay away from collecting star wars figures until your store starts to restock with new stuff.

Must fight the urge to buy this figure! Must fight the urge!!! :-\
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2008, 12:36 PM »
It's easy to stay away from collecting star wars figures until your store starts to restock with new stuff.

Must fight the urge to buy this figure! Must fight the urge!!! :-\

Actually, it will be harder when the pegs are empty of what you really want and these guys are hanging around during that time. That is when the desperation for the happy toy will take hold.

I am still 100% out on these although I will be mailing away for a few of the Rex's for trade sale and one keeper. I already mailed away for my first one with number 2 tomorrow. I really hope they convert this line to realistic in year 2. Having a separate animated line will steal away figure slots from the main line long term.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 02:30 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2008, 03:34 PM »
...I already mailed away for my first one with number 2 tomorrow.

I'll prolly have a number 2 tomorrow...oh not that? NM.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2008, 06:30 PM »
I alreayd sent away for 2, and have the envelope for #3 ready. I just have so many UPC's around i feel like i must. I wish i could find 4 UGH stickers before the deadline this week to send away for another coin set.  ::)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Clone Wars Preview Figure?
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2008, 11:37 AM »
WHAT?!  Its $7 plus four UPCs?  Hasbro you stink.   >:(  Why not just make it an online Exclusive and charge $20? 

heck im happy..i know i will buy more then four figures so UPC are not a problem and at $7.20 that is almost saving $4 for me at this rate i will probably order two.

That's hilarious.  The price is brutal for you US guys, but as jangotat points out, it's actually below Canadian retail by quite a bit.  I've got a nice little stack of UPCs saved up, so why not.  Saving $4 a figure is a good deal. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2008, 03:12 PM »
$7 is actually below the US cost too since these are retailing for $8. We buy the figures anyway so the UPC's are easy to come by. It's not like the VOTC promotions where you had to buy VOTC figures. Any current figure will work with this promotion so I cannot see complaining about &7 for a shipped figure in a special package. sounds like a deal to me.

I already mailed away for my 7th Rex today. It's weird I feel obligated to use every mail away ticket.......I am not even collecting the animated line when it comes out.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2008, 04:36 PM »
...I already mailed away for my 7th Rex today.

Nice!

Now that's a "true fan" (as that scummer would say).  lol