Author Topic: 2008 Target Order 66 2-Packs  (Read 105621 times)

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Order 66 packs?
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2008, 01:37 AM »
I wounder how articulate Tsui Choi is? Great looking figure. These will not hang around. I wonder if we'll see him carded down the road too. I hope when these sets hit they will still be the $10 price range and not the jacked up price Target has been doing on there exclusives lately. If there are I could see myself picking up a few of each.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2008, 01:41 AM »
I like them all...  Perhaps I'm easily entertained, but I'm digging them.

Master Choi looks outstanding.  I'm curious what the base figure is, as I'll be quite surprised if it's all-new in sculpt.  I'm thinking it could be anything from a McQuarrie Concept Yoda figure as the base, to something older...  VOTC Yoda seems too small to work, so I'm not betting on that.  If it's all-new, I'm amazed.

Obi-Wan's base is ok...  Better than last year's, but still a lacking figure in some ways.  I'll take another for fodder though happily.  

The Clones though are outstanding.  I wish we'd gotten some of the weapons from Battlefront other than that one gun, but really I think all the ARC Troopers look nice and flesh out that niche of trooper quite well.  I'll be army building these hopefully...  I really would like a handful of the Yellow BARC Trooper, and I'll take the repaint Kashyyyk Trooper and such.

I liked last year's sets, even at full price for the most part, and on clearance they were a steal...  These ones are really a value at full price IMO.  If prices remain the same of course! ;)  I sort of hate saying it, but I'd really like it if these again saw massive clearance glut, and that people unloaded Clones my way
***cough***Shameless Plea***cough*** because I'd simply love multiples of all the Clones and only 2 of each Jedi at this point.

IE: I'd love to see some Jedi find a good home for half the set's cost. ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2008, 06:53 AM »
Well the interesting thing about these 2 packs is that I have learned there are quite a few Tsui Choi fans on the boards.  I never knew he was that popular.  He is a cool looking little critter though.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 16, 2008, 07:49 AM »
I guess it is pretty safe to say we will be seeing a Ratts Tyerell in the near future.  Had to believe we would have a new great sculpt in repack/kitbashed exclusives.    And I think Sev's head is really recycled from Ak-Rev.  Late Hasbro has been keen on recycling there figures before and close to the intended figure is released.  We saw the air borne trooper in Mace windo's battle pack before the carded.  And how many galactic Marine flavors did we get this year? not to mention the arc in these packs in the mondo pack.  Shan & Maris.   Not that this is a bad thing.
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2008, 08:55 AM »
Love to be proven wrong, that Tsui Figure looks great. Funny we can get such a standout among other slapped together figures.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 16, 2008, 03:32 PM »

Master Choi looks outstanding.  I'm curious what the base figure is, as I'll be quite surprised if it's all-new in sculpt.  

Watto.   :-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2008, 03:50 PM »
I can see Target charging $12 this time round. I really like the sets too, I cannot wait to see the improved Luminara, Anakin & Sev in final packages. The Darker colors look more accurate on Lum, more like the original AOTC figure. Choi, Sev and Palps are really welcome additions even the Arcs are cool. I do not care for the AT-RT driver so I will have several up fo' trade. Superb custom fodder in these sets, I will be buying multiples of each for that alone.

Choi is 100% new, Hasbro would not just tool up arms and a head for such a small figure. I am sure he is all new, I am also sure due to his size he was cheap to tool up.

ctonra, good call on the Ak-Rev head.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 03:57 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2008, 04:03 PM »
Diddy
       I take what you don't want from your sets.  If you do pick them up maybe we can make a deal for what you don't want. let me know?  

Yeah man, sounds good. But be warned, I usually change my mind on these things, I've ended up buying a lot of SW toys I said I originally said I wasn't going to pick up. ;)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 16, 2008, 04:35 PM »

« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 04:40 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #129 on: January 16, 2008, 04:38 PM »
nice. The Master Sev look sweet with the soft goods as does the Anakin.

Looks like the Tattooed Anakin with Soft goods, yes?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 04:55 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #130 on: January 16, 2008, 04:52 PM »
YES!

Dude, these are so far superior to the last order 66 sets. I love Sev even more and that Anakin is great!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 16, 2008, 04:57 PM »
Sorry fellas I'm of a different mindset here on these. Master Sev looks like master butt! Wow does that figure stink. I normally like cloth robes, but this looks hideous. And I'm totally convinced of only getting one Luminara set now and definitely on clearance. If I miss her, oh well, I won't lose sleep over it. The Anakin set actually looks okay. I'll still wait for it to clearance, but I'll pick it up over the Sev or Luminara set.

Sorry I have to disagree with previous posts/opinions.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2008, 05:19 PM »
For $10 a pack I am very happy with these. If you consider that an average basic figures runs $7.00 this is great for the money. I respect your dislike for these but I think overall these beat the average collectors expectations when compared to the last ones.

I will gladly take Master Sev over Slashing Obi, Ape arm Mace, Slashing Anakin, Spinning Yoda & Salt shaker Palps any day.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2008, 05:27 PM »
For $10 a pack I am very happy with these. If you consider that an average basic figures runs $7.00 this is great for the money. I respect your dislike for these but I think overall these beat the average collectors expectations when compared to the last ones.

I will gladly take Master Sev over Slashing Obi, Ape arm Mace, Slashing Anakin, Spinning Yoda & Salt shaker Palps any day.

Well when you put it in those terms, heh heh. They're a'ight. I'll still wait for 4 of the 6 of these to clearance though.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2008, 06:00 PM »
That Anakin is cool looking and Sev could use the water treatment, but overall I'm liking these 6 sets more than the first wave. Only figure that looks to be lacking is the Obi-Wan, which is above par for Hasbro. Now all that is left is the price point. If they're still $10, I'm in for many. If they bump up the price then my limit is 2 of each (except Obi-Wan pack).
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link