Author Topic: 2008 Target Order 66 2-Packs  (Read 105660 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Target Order 66 2-Packs
« Reply #180 on: March 27, 2008, 07:05 PM »
Boy the quantities you guys are planning on buying of these things at makes me think there is a lot of disposable income on this board. There is either some really rich people around here or just really in debt. 

Considering that there isn't a new wave of figures coming out every month it's easier to pick up these exclusives. Plus I think most of them that are buying alot of them are going to try to get them on clearance. You must be on a strict budget.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 28, 2008, 09:25 AM »
Right on both accounts Rob. The lack of new figures help and the possibility that they'll go on clearance is a big incentive as well. I picked up two sets of the last series and a bunch of army builders for either $2.50 and $5.00.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 28, 2008, 09:51 AM »
It's more of a self imposed budget than anything. I'm really close to having a mortgage burning party and every little penny gets me there a little sooner. After that I am completely debt free.  ;D  Besides, there is a lack of display space around the house due to the kids taking over everything.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 28, 2008, 10:52 AM »
It's more of a self imposed budget than anything. I'm really close to having a mortgage burning party and every little penny gets me there a little sooner. After that I am completely debt free.  ;D  Besides, there is a lack of display space around the house due to the kids taking over everything.

A mortgage burning party? Does that mean your house is almost paid off? If so, that is spectacular!! Awesome!

Anyways, I will only be getting three of this years sets, the ones with Tsui Choi, Luminara, and Master Sev. Dont need the others. Clearance doesnt seem to work for me because I always seem to miss them.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 28, 2008, 11:20 AM »

A mortgage burning party? Does that mean your house is almost paid off? If so, that is spectacular!! Awesome!

You are correct. All I would have to pay is property taxes each year which are very low for me. Its getting to be time to rent the house and buy a second. Then the toys can come back out.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #185 on: March 28, 2008, 10:57 PM »
I don't know if I'd count on seeing these hit clearance. One would hope Hasbro would be a bit smarter this time around and not ship out craptons of these like they did with the first series. Of course, Hasbro doesn't always learn from their mistakes so we may well experience a replay ... just saying that you should be aware you're taking a gamble by waiting.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #186 on: March 29, 2008, 12:51 AM »
I think the fact they're doing a second series means Target was pretty pleased with them, even with the clearances...  I think ultimately we'll see as many of these as the last ones.  I've "heard" through the grapevine local Targets are loaded with them in the back... 

I hope so because, damn that was fun last year buying up what you could of them. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 29, 2008, 12:58 AM »
I'm going to take the gamble on the ARC and AT-RT sets. I'll just buy the Palpatine and Choi sets at full retail. The others are Meh to me and I only want dupes on the Choi set, which I'll gamble and wait on as well for the extras.

And better yet, if they DO go on clearance it will be an excellent time to use those Target coupons. Save $5 on $25. If these go to $2.50 again, then that would end up being 10 sets for $20 after the use of the coupon. Now THAT is a deal I'm looking forward to and won't mind the extra craptacular reissue figures with the newer clones.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #188 on: March 29, 2008, 07:18 AM »
I think the fact they're doing a second series means Target was pretty pleased with them, even with the clearances...  I think ultimately we'll see as many of these as the last ones.  I've "heard" through the grapevine local Targets are loaded with them in the back... 

I hope so because, damn that was fun last year buying up what you could of them. :)

Well the Target I picked mine up had 48 in the back. Not my normal target however, they had 0 and didnt seem to think they would be getting any. I also called a third target in the area and they didnt have any either.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 29, 2008, 10:26 AM »
Paul, congratulations, that's so awesome!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #190 on: March 30, 2008, 06:45 PM »
I picked up a set of these yesterday and cracked them open today.

Once I had them open, I was really glad that the Jedi are so much better then the last time.  It's obvious that Hasbro tried a little harder on these sets - getting the extra efforts on the new figures and quality repaints is much cooler than straight up repacks we got last year.

Quick impressions:
- Master Choi & BARC are a nice addition to Koffi/Bultar Purge set. 
- Sev is a great figure even if he is just a repainted RotS Kit Fisto with new head.
- The kama variations on the ARCs is a nice touch - makes them all unique despite using the same base figure.
- Anakin is a very nifty re-use of the Tattooed Anakin body and soft goods.

Also cool in these sets is the fact that a couple of the Jedi (Obi, Choi) have wires in the bottoms of the robes so that you can "pose" the fabric.  Very cool little "extra" that I wasn't expecting to see.  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 30, 2008, 08:05 PM »
I agree with Jeff - Hasbro really put some extra effort this time around as opposed to just cranking out some repaints.

With the three ARC troopers, they aren't just repaints of the Comic 2-pack Alpha - sure they use some of his common parts put they mixed up the kamas like Jeff said and the body of the yellow ARC that comes with Master Sev is actually the Evolutions ROTS Clone.

The Tsui Choi figure is great. I'm not sure if any of his parts are recycled from say a Yoda figure, but it doesn't matter since the figure is so sharp. The BARC Trooper is great and thanks to the SA body, can hold the heavy chain-like gun well.

I am extremely pleased with the soft-goods addition to the Anakin figure - it makes for a REALLY sharp figure. Goes to show how solid the Nelvaan Anakin figure is. Nothing overly special about the Palpatine except for the fact that he's now got the deathly gray skin-tone that he sported in ROTJ.

I think the wires at the bottom of the cloaks was something interesting for them to try. Not to pleased with the Obi-Wan figure, but the cloak is kinda cool.

I think out of all 12 figures, the only ones I'm kinda feeling ho-hum on are the Obi-Wan and Luminara. The rest are great additions to the collection.

I have now found two years running, getting a complete set (or in my case three complete sets plus some extras) before the "set date" is a fun challenge. So if they keep raising the bar on these and keeping the price $9.99, I would welcome a third series next year, but instead of Order 66, I could see Target getting their own wave of Droid Factory instead.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #192 on: March 31, 2008, 01:52 AM »
I thought someone specifically asked for the wires in the robes in a Q&A once?  That's cool if that's the case and Hasbro ran with it. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 31, 2008, 09:02 AM »
I was able to complete a set yesterday. Haven't gotten around to cracking everything open yet, except for Vill, who is a worthy addition to the 501st family.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 31, 2008, 07:34 PM »
How's the articulation on Chui?  I was hoping for something similar to TAC Jawa in the arms at least.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge