Author Topic: 2008 Target Order 66 2-Packs  (Read 105667 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: 2008 Target Order 66 2-Packs
« Reply #210 on: April 2, 2008, 03:56 PM »
I went back to my Target today and they had no more Order 66 figures in stock. They received 3 case in total yesterday according to the DCPI#. so not sure if/when they will get more in. I am sure they will but you never know.

On another DCPI# note, they did have the new Joe vehicles in the back, which they were going to pull for me until I was thwarted by an old handbag and a lying sow. I finally experienced what so many other members have in regards to Target's underlings treating us like crap. >:(
Some old whore who worked there(non-management) saw me use the scanner to check for the exclusive items. She stopped the reluctant girl that was going to help me and get the stuff. The crone whispered some sweet nothings into that liar's ear.  I had a bad feeling because I was able to pick up what she told the reluctant girl to do - not get it for me and that others have asked about them. >:( >:( The girl went into the back to pretend to look. I followed her and watched her. Seeing through the back room door windows I could see her leaning against the wall to wait and pretend that she looked. She then came out and gave me 2 straight out lies that contradicted what she was saying and actually did. This fat sow lied to me straight face and gave me run around excuses that oozed from her bloated face. >:( >:( >:( She could have told me the truth, I would have at least referred to her as a subhuman and not an animal but I digress. I find it insane that I am not allowed to spend my money, If I had more time I would have went around her to customer service but my lunch break was over.

I was so pissed that these pathetic low paid underlings denied my business. I am sick of dealing/competing with the Hot Wheels losers who are buying the exclusives. I already had to deal with that yesterday as one of them leeched of my DCPI work. I will return later tonight and get the **** from someone else.

Sorry had to vent about this......
« Last Edit: April 2, 2008, 04:02 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 2, 2008, 05:00 PM »
Vent away, JACKOFTRADZE!

I abhor Target and their attitude towards collectors. Hell, we have the money, it's not like we are stealing this crap. If there is a street date, why? No reason to have a date for this crap. It's not movie or clone wars related. Hell do they even consider they might actually sell MORE of this stuff??

No, instead they are content to hold out and then later have to put this stuff on clearance.

What really pisses me off though is the attitude from many of the workers. Christ it's a TOY for gawd sakes. Bring the crap out. Most of us who are asking for this stuff can't be there at 8am when the scalpers are there. I always have to bring that up to them. I can ONLY make it after 6pm M-F. If they dont help me now, they lose the sale now. If it's non-exclusive stuff, I tell them that they'll lose the sale completely to another store. I also make it a point to say that I'm not just a "collector" but a consumer and customer. I by clothes, DVDs, food, etc there at their store. SO why jeopardize the loss of all of my business for but a few toys. Again, I'm there physically in the store with funds to spend. Easier just to bring the stuff out and make a customer HAPPY, than to waste the customer's time and theirs. 

I even pointed that out to a manager who was being defiant. It took me 45 minutes to convince that jerk to pull figures from the back after having spoken with a floor worker and two customer service people. So I explained that had the first person helped me in the first place, that I would have been in and out of their store in 15 minutes and only had to ask one person for less than 5 minutes of help, instead of wasting an extra 30 minutes of my time AND theirs. I further stated that the money lost on productivity from them not helping me in the first place adds up. Not counting the first person, there were the 2 customer service people then this manager. Thirty minutes time of each was wasted. Consider their wages, wouldn't it have just been cheaper to help me out in the first place AND be able to help more customers or at the least make themselves available for customers? He didn't seem pleased with that explanation, but ultimately had to concede that point.

It's not like I went into the store looking for trouble, nor did I look to put anyone in their place. I just wanted some toys (damnit-lol).

I also don't like the inconsistency. Some stores WILL help, others won't and still others it just depends on who you talk to. Either it's one way or another. No BS and no excuses.

Really Target could fall off the face of the earth and I wouldn't worry about it for a second. The only thing I've enjoyed from time to time is their clearances. Otherwise (other than their exclusives), I can buy anything else they have at any number of other stores.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 2, 2008, 05:18 PM »
For those who have them - how do you like the new paintjob on Palpy? 

Of the 12 figures in this set, he's pretty much the star of the show with Tsui Choi.  Love me some of that Anakin too.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 2, 2008, 05:24 PM »
Vent away, JACKOFTRADZE!

At least we have an opportunity at Target to get them to pull stuff from the back.  Granted it can be rough some times to get the employees to do so, but we don't have the "luxury" of this option at TRU and WM.  The only response I get out of them is what's out is all we have. 

I take what I can get.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 2, 2008, 08:15 PM »
I think Palpy's paint looks really good. I'm displaying him with my Imperials until Hasbro gives us a new ROTJ figure.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 2, 2008, 09:06 PM »

Emperor Palpatine & Commander Vill--I never liked how the Evolutions skin looked so I passed, even though I really wanted a super-articulated Palpatine. This re-release makes me glad I waited. It's a great figure. My only complaints are the 'stuck taking a crap' face (which I'm kinda okay with because it really looks like one of those faces he was making when he fought Yoda) and the crappy robe. Commander Vill is cool too, a very decent clone repaint. Again, great value.

I found something of a remedy for the "crappy robe".  It seems like the best way to make the robe look better is to lose the cloak clasp that's around the neck.  You'll need to pop the head off to do that.  I then put the clasp around Palpatine's neck, but without the hood running through it.  That was leading the hood to look stretched and it didn't look right.  The way I've set it up, the hood seems to sit a bit more naturally.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 2, 2008, 10:42 PM »
Vent away, JACKOFTRADZE!

At least we have an opportunity at Target to get them to pull stuff from the back.  Granted it can be rough some times to get the employees to do so, but we don't have the "luxury" of this option at TRU and WM.  The only response I get out of them is what's out is all we have. 

I take what I can get.

Gotta side with Mikey on this.  It is frustrating when Red Shirts won't help you out - after all, you're essentially going out of your way to ask them for an opportunity to take your money.  But having the stockroom checkers every few aisles and at least potential for someone to check the backroom for you is light years beyond whatever Wal-Mart or TRU will do for you. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #217 on: April 2, 2008, 10:58 PM »
Went to a different target today and they had a few sets out, mostly Obi-Wan and anakin.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #218 on: April 3, 2008, 12:21 AM »
I got Tsui Choi, Palps, Anakin, and Obi-Wan today...  All nice sets, and hopefully I can get Sev and Unduli soon too. 

Then hopefully they ship a ton and see clearance, and by some weird chance the Tsu Choi and the set with the Yellow ARC are overly abundant. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 3, 2008, 09:22 AM »
With all the intel I've been able to gather, it would seem that 7 of the 8 Targets on my side of town all have Order 66 in the stock room. The only one that doesn't is my usual store which put them all out already.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 3, 2008, 09:33 AM »
Damn stores following imaginary rules. I guess they would rather have empty shelves than stocked ones.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 3, 2008, 10:38 AM »
What makes it hard for me is all I want is Tsui Choi, so I can not ask them to pull a case for me..guess I just have to wait..anyway I have not seen them at any Target in Rancho...the high vol store or the low..the low vol is just a disater I think they stock toys once every month.  They just put up their end cap for the other excluisives this weekend..

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 3, 2008, 12:33 PM »
What makes it hard for me is all I want is Tsui Choi, so I can not ask them to pull a case for me..guess I just have to wait..

Not really following here...
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 3, 2008, 06:36 PM »
I actually attempted to use the DCPI at my local Target earlier and almost came out with a full set of the four I wanted, only to be thwarted at the final lap.  I went to the CS desk, asked the woman working the counter politely if she could check the DCPI and she did, finding that they had some in the back.  She radioed the back and asked the stock person to bring the case out so I could get what I wanted, and I set off for the stockroom door to meet him. 

When I met the guy, he opened the case and handed me a set at random (Sev/Yellow ARC) and started to close it back up, saying that Target policy said that you could not give any specific items and that one was all he could "give" me.  He then said if I wanted to follow him back to the toy section, he would put the rest out and I could take whatever I wanted.  So, I thanked him and followed him back.

When we get to the SW aisle (which, coincidentally is half-empty and hasn't been restocked in over two weeks with anything), he asks "where did you see these at?" (as in "Where on the shelf would these go?"), and then he scans a UPC on the bottom of one with his gun thing, and says, "Oh, these aren't supposed to be set until next week.  Sorry."  At this point, he closes the case back, but says he'll "let" me keep the one set he gave me but he can't let me buy anymore.  I thanked him for his effort and paid for the Sev/ARC set and left.

Now, while I appreciate him "letting" me buy one of the sets, I have to say I'm a little irritated by the entire process I had to go through for the "privilege" of buying merchandise there.  As I've said before a million times, I was always under the impression that you wanted stock, you know, on the shelves for people to buy it rather than keep it locked away in a room until some arbitrary date assigned to aisle resets.  It felt like I was being expected to feel honored for being allowed to actually spend money there, and that bugs me. 

I fully recognize the irony of me complaining given the fact that I actually did get one of the sets and there are far more important things to complain about than being able to buy a toy that a store didn't want to sell me until next weekend, but despite it all, this seems to be yet another case of Target acting very strangely toward their customers.

Offline manglord

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 3, 2008, 07:30 PM »
Checked Alhambra Target, still no Order 66......And i know better than to ask using the DPCI #.
Their manager there is a Nazi She-Wolf, totally unreasonable, and just plain rude.Can't tell you how many times I've tried to reason with her regarding my work schedule and the difference between Target exclusives VS. non Target exclusives. She's seen me in the store 6 or seven times a week and turns her back on me cause she don't want to deal with the whole DPCI # thing. I even spoke with corporate and they said "That is not our policy, If you are looking for something and it is not on the shelf, then we should pull it for you, unless it's a target Exclusive." I relayed the message to the Target manager(She was infuriated that i went over her head by the way)She then informed me that it's left up to the individual store managers to decide. Normally i don't give up that easily, but this woman is like a Psychic Vampire, she really wears me down. Life is too short for this kinda crap....