Author Topic: 2008 Target Order 66 2-Packs  (Read 105615 times)

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Target Order 66 2-Packs
« Reply #225 on: April 4, 2008, 06:21 AM »
What makes it hard for me is all I want is Tsui Choi, so I can not ask them to pull a case for me..guess I just have to wait..

Not really following here...
I would feel guilty asking them and just taking one of the bunch and leaving the rest..)=

As to the previous post about Target Managers, yes they creep me out! I won't even bother asking at the high volume store, or the low volume store near me, now if you want to see a true Target Nazi you have to meet the stock manager at this one store, she is one mean ****** she actually would make a great Sith Lord cold and heartless...LOL!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 4, 2008, 06:26 AM by Darth_Ice »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 4, 2008, 09:58 AM »
Maybe the problem is going to the same store everyday for weeks and never buying anything? I've noticed, the employees start to remember you face after a while and might start to think your shoplifting.

I've found dressing like a slob doesn't help. Being in business casule dress helps. It also helps to bring one  of your children with you on a run. They are alot more willing to help someone that is father rather than a guy that looks like the comic book guy from the Simpsons. 

It's all inital preception.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 4, 2008, 11:12 AM »
Maybe the problem is going to the same store everyday for weeks and never buying anything? I've noticed, the employees start to remember you face after a while and might start to think your shoplifting.

I've found dressing like a slob doesn't help. Being in business casule dress helps. It also helps to bring one  of your children with you on a run. They are alot more willing to help someone that is father rather than a guy that looks like the comic book guy from the Simpsons. 

I couldn't have said that any better myself.   ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 4, 2008, 11:25 AM »

I couldn't have said that any better myself.   ;)
I'm not one that even asks, I don't really care unless I know there is a street date for something and its not out.  If you ever know for 100% that there is a street date on something and it's not out, then that is when you push them and pull out "Im going to call copr #" cause someone will be in big trouble if corp. finds out that they are not up to date on their floor plan.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 4, 2008, 02:17 PM »
Vent away, JACKOFTRADZE!

At least we have an opportunity at Target to get them to pull stuff from the back.  Granted it can be rough some times to get the employees to do so, but we don't have the "luxury" of this option at TRU and WM.  The only response I get out of them is what's out is all we have. 

I take what I can get.

That's kind of the point, at least with WM and TRU there is relative consistency there. I'd rather Target not bring stuff out for ANYONE than some people, or depending on which store or what employee you get.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2008, 02:21 PM by jedi_master_sal »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 4, 2008, 05:30 PM »
I think if there are street dates then stores should follow them.  It helps casual collectors like myself who don't get a chance to look everyday and subsequently ask someone to snag a case at the first sign of a sighting.

It's fair for everyone if the toys make it to the shelf.

Offline manglord

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 4, 2008, 08:02 PM »
I'd quit going in there all together provided their website was worth a damn. At least WM and TRU update their sites on occasion.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 7, 2008, 09:12 AM »
Our local store had the front endcap up with these and the Joe/TF exclusives.  I picked up five of the six sets, opting to pass on the Luminara one - at least for now.  I'll probably wait to see if these hit clearance again, and maybe I'll grab some more.  They didn't have a ton out yet, just a couple sets worth in front and one set of six in the main aisle (occupying the spot where the Muggs are supposed to be - which are surprisingly sold out again).

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 7, 2008, 10:48 AM »
Our local store had the front endcap up with these and the Joe/TF exclusives.  I picked up five of the six sets, opting to pass on the Luminara one - at least for now.  I'll probably wait to see if these hit clearance again, and maybe I'll grab some more.  They didn't have a ton out yet, just a couple sets worth in front and one set of six in the main aisle (occupying the spot where the Muggs are supposed to be - which are surprisingly sold out again).

Yeah, I can't believe how popular those Muggs are. There are never more than 3 or 4 on a shelf at one time, but usually even less than that. It's a surprise early hit I guess.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 7, 2008, 11:00 AM »
Was able to get Tsui Choi, Palpatine and Sev over the weekend using the DPCI trick.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 7, 2008, 12:24 PM »
Who are you going to make Tsui Choi into?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 7, 2008, 01:18 PM »
I dunno yet... once I get a second one, I'll probably take it apart and see what other character I could make... probably just something fan-fic.   ;)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 8, 2008, 09:41 AM »
Found my first Target with Order 66 out at the front lanes.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 8, 2008, 12:53 PM »
So what is the "official" set date for the Order 66 packs and the GI Joe vehicles?  My Target seems hellbent on letting them collect dust in the back rather than, you know, put them out and sell them, and I'd like to know when they'll be officially released from Target's arbitrary clutches so I can get the ones I want.

Well, I look nothing like the slobs you describe, and I spend plenty of money at Target on things other than toys on a very regular basis.  I'm always polite and friendly, I dress professionally, and there are even employees there who know me and ask me if I had any luck finding anything.  Despite this, any time that magic number prefix comes out of my mouth, it's like I go from "Valued Target Customer" to "Spawn of Satan" in the blink of an eye. 

I'm sorry if this offends people, but I think expecting to be able to walk into a store, find what you're looking for on the shelves or, barring that, being able to have employees check the status of an item and, if in stock, bring it out for you to buy, is not too much to ask.  I'm simply tired of these constant CIA-esque missions to be granted the privilege of buying a toy from Target.   :P

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 8, 2008, 01:33 PM »
I'm sorry if this offends people, but I think expecting to be able to walk into a store, find what you're looking for on the shelves or, barring that, being able to have employees check the status of an item and, if in stock, bring it out for you to buy, is not too much to ask.  I'm simply tired of these constant CIA-esque missions to be granted the privilege of buying a toy from Target.   :P

You hit the nail on the head here. I feel exactly the same way. Again it's not like we are asking for a discount, or outright stealing the items. We want buy them. And again to reiterate, by selling these whenever a customer asks for them if they aren't already out on shelves, "should" mean that they can order yet more to get in for any perceived customers who didn't get the chance the first go around.

To me it seems Target WANTS to lose money on these by waiting. To say they want to make them available for anyone who wants them is kinda of bunk. WE are the ones who want them.

One thing that I really "hate" is that Target seems to lump "collectors" in with "scalpers" not realizing that there is a HUGE difference. (not including those that are collectors that also scalp to pay for their collections-a practice I abhor).

This is where again I say that consistency needs to be across the board. Either NO product comes out early at EVERY Target store-since it's a national chain store and not a franchise business OR whenever a customer asks, whether or not it's on the floor or not, if it's in the back, an employee will get it for you and allow you to buy however much of that product and which ever of it, you are willing to buy.