Author Topic: 2008 Target Order 66 2-Packs  (Read 105682 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Target Order 66 2-Packs
« Reply #285 on: April 17, 2008, 09:05 AM »
Is everyone seeing last years's Order 66 packs mixed in with the new ones? I see them at every store that has these out. Sometimes its only the old ones that are available.

I haven't myself, but I have friends who say they have. One even found the airborne trooper.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 17, 2008, 09:45 AM »
Is everyone seeing last years's Order 66 packs mixed in with the new ones? I see them at every store that has these out. Sometimes its only the old ones that are available.

I haven't myself, but I have friends who say they have. One even found the airborne trooper.

Wait are we talking people are bring back the old set or swapping out figures from the old sets into the new ones? Either way, kinda pathetic.
Sales staff should be educated on the old sets or swapping figures and just simply not allow their return. This product is over a year old-not allowed to be returned. Then again Target made it possible for this by NOT changing the DCPI, IIRC.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 17, 2008, 10:26 AM »
My local Target still has not put these out (nor have they put out their Joe and TF exclusives).  They have them in the back, but they aren't willing to sell them for some reason.  Say what you want about Wal-Mart's exclusive availability and distribution, but at least they're willing to participate in standard retail actions like, you know, selling items to customers when they're in stock.   ::)

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 17, 2008, 11:06 AM »
I here you on that DoctorPadawan,
                                              One Target I went to said they couldn't put them out until the sold through on the other target exclusives they had on the shelf. (FU Battlepack, Starfigher and GH Packs).  One store put them out weeks before the "release date" and sold out while another put out the G.I Joe and held the Order 66 until last Sunday.  I lucked out and found them all. 
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 17, 2008, 11:29 AM »

Wait are we talking people are bring back the old set or swapping out figures from the old sets into the new ones? Either way, kinda pathetic.
Sales staff should be educated on the old sets or swapping figures and just simply not allow their return. This product is over a year old-not allowed to be returned. Then again Target made it possible for this by NOT changing the DCPI, IIRC.

We are talking about people bringing back old sets to exchange for the newer ones. I havn't seen the figures being swapped out yet. (old figures, new boxes) It's a little hard to swap these figures with the tube packaging.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 17, 2008, 11:35 AM »
My local Target still has not put these out (nor have they put out their Joe and TF exclusives).  They have them in the back, but they aren't willing to sell them for some reason. 

Ok that's just not right.  I'd go to talk to management and point out the "street date"  I still have a Target or two where I live who are reluctant to put the endcap up, but there's plenty of other stores that have them well stocked up front.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 18, 2008, 08:52 AM »
My local Target still has not put these out (nor have they put out their Joe and TF exclusives).  They have them in the back, but they aren't willing to sell them for some reason.

Ok that's just not right.  I'd go to talk to management and point out the "street date"  I still have a Target or two where I live who are reluctant to put the endcap up, but there's plenty of other stores that have them well stocked up front.

I'm in the DC area for training and to see my folks and I went to the Target by their house. This store too hasn't put out the Order 66 stuff or the GI Joe exclusives or the Transformers. I found this very odd.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 18, 2008, 10:27 AM »
Maybe they 'fell' off the truck.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 18, 2008, 10:32 AM »
Maybe they 'fell' off the truck.

No, they have them, sorry, I forgot to mention that I ran the DPCI #s for all three and they are in-stock in the back.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 21, 2008, 09:52 PM »
Looks like these are becoming peg sitters real fast, the only one I do not see now is Tsui.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 22, 2008, 09:01 AM »
I noticed our local store has these all moved to the normal Star Wars section in the action figure aisle.  There seems to be a good amount of them there, but I didn't look specifically which ones they had.  Once it gets closer to clearance time, I'll take a closer look.  I didn't see that any of the Joe vehicles made it back to the regular aisle (must have sold out), and there were just a few of the Transformers.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 22, 2008, 09:06 AM »
Yep. These are all over the place.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 22, 2008, 02:24 PM »
Yep. These are all over the place.

Not in Pittsburgh. Granted I've only been to two locally to check on these. Seen them once and that was it.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #298 on: April 22, 2008, 05:13 PM »
Chicagoland Order 66 is not in abundence. The only ones that seem to hang around long are Luminaria sets and Palps. The rest seem to be hit or miss depending on the store. Joe vehicles are sold out everywhere here. i am glad I stocked up, better value than SW.

Transformers seem to be the cancer of the exclusives. They are rotting in overstocked piles.....

My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 23, 2008, 09:20 AM »

Transformers seem to be the cancer of the exclusives. They are rotting in overstocked piles.....

Should we be a little surprised? After all, Transformers were all the rage for a while there. Or are theses just repacks?