Author Topic: 2008 Target Order 66 2-Packs  (Read 105408 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Order 66 packs?
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2007, 10:35 AM »
I thought that Alpha had a Phase II new helmet later on?  And I could have sworn I saw some sort of depiction of one with an Airborne helmet? 

He had an EpIII-style helmet in, I believe, Obsession during the battle of Boz Pity.  But don't quote me on that, I didn't check yet.  I don't recall ever seeing him in an Airborne helmet.

I think that's where I saw it too... in a comic, where there were bones lying around the planet of some sort of giants... I believe Alpha gets shot in that story?

I think it's all about the helmet for me... I really don't mind too much of the rest of the design of the ARC Trooper, at least not from an equipment standpoint; though it all does seem a bit cumbersome... and I like the AOTC helmet on regular clones, but not with the additions that ARCs have... I suppose I'm just being picky.  But I think they could have easily come up with a better design for their helmets - maybe something more like this -

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2007, 11:29 AM »
I agree that the pictures seem a bit amateurish. The At-Rt driver does look awful in particular. I donno. I'll take 'em as they come, thankfully there's not really any army building potential for me.

Agree.
Another cam AT-RT driver? C'mon Hasbro you can do better than that. The Arcs are cool but I like the original ripped up comic pack skirt than the crusty old ones they are putting on them. The CW & Bacura skirts are really lame and the CW is ripped up anyway so why not just leave it be. I hate when Hasbro makes minor changes where it's not needed and does not make it where needed (Evo Palps skin color)
Regardless of the bitching these sets will be cool and a great value. I will pick up a couple extra of the Blue & Yellow Arcs but I want to know where is the Green Arc. I want my Arc skittles set complete.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2007, 11:54 AM »
There's a planogram listed over at the RS forums that mentions some 2-packs.  And that listing assigns 2 pegs to those 2-packs.  It makes me think that the packaging for these 2-packs may have changed.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2007, 12:02 PM »
I hope the packaging does change.  It looked cool, but man was it a pain to open the tube shaped ones.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2007, 12:29 PM »
There's a planogram listed over at the RS forums that mentions some 2-packs.  And that listing assigns 2 pegs to those 2-packs.  It makes me think that the packaging for these 2-packs may have changed.

I think McChuck addressed the fact that these have different DCPI's than the 2-pack.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2007, 12:58 PM »
Yeah, that "Figure 2-Pack" DPCI turned up back in October...

087-06-0672 Star Wars 2-Pack Figure Assortment $5.99

No one still seems to know what exactly it is... there were rumors of it being 2-packs of the Mini-Unleashed or a new DPCI for the GH figures, but nothing has been confirmed yet I guess.  Definitely not the Order 66 sets though.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2007, 02:21 PM »
Yeah, when we reported that the price was what was sticking with everyone on that 2-pack...  At $6, it's tough to imagine it's basic figures.  I'm more inclined to imagine it's a GH 2-pack or something along those lines.

The first O66 sets were $10, which is cheap in itself...  The "new" O66 pack listing is still $10, so I have no doubt they're completely different.  Just typical scum forum overreaction I suppose.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2007, 03:05 PM »
I saw the new Target reset yesterday at a local St. Louis store... looks like quite a bit of space for Star Wars stuff.  Of course most of the spaces were still empty... maybe in the next week or so we'll see some of this new stuff showing up!!

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2007, 05:22 PM »
Yeah, that "Figure 2-Pack" DPCI turned up back in October...

087-06-0672 Star Wars 2-Pack Figure Assortment $5.99

No one still seems to know what exactly it is... there were rumors of it being 2-packs of the Mini-Unleashed or a new DPCI for the GH figures, but nothing has been confirmed yet I guess.  Definitely not the Order 66 sets though.

Oh!  I think I have this one solved.

This should be the new entry for basic, non-exclusive Galactic Heroes 2-packs-- they're supposedly getting a new SKU in 2008 (eventually) just like the basic figures and a bunch of other stuff.  I'd stake someone's reputation on it-- not mine, but someone else's, sure.

Sometimes Hasbro refreshes the same SKU with a new number to clear out the old inventory easier-- it used to happen pretty much every year, and Galactic Heroes have been Asst. 85208 since 2004.   So there ya go!  Boring answer to what could've been an otherwise exciting mystery.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2007, 09:51 AM »
Someone over at scum showed pictures of 2-pack key chains. That could could be the mystery 2-pack.

(Sorry to steal your thunder Adam.)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 09:11 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2007, 04:08 PM »
Someone over at scum showed pictures of 2-pack key chains. That could could be the mystery 2-pack.

(Sorry to steel your thunder Adam.)

... or it could be what I said it was. :)  We'll all know for sure when product hits the stores in 2008.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2007, 05:55 PM »

We stopped by our local Super Target this afternoon, which had already done somewhat of a reset of their action figure aisle.  They did have the keychain two packs on the pegs for $5.99 each.  From what I remember, they had Qui-Gon/Maul, Leia/R2, and Vader/Fett packs on the pegs.  They also had bobbleheads and the Mighty Muggz, as well as the new Joe comic packs.  Action figure pegs were nothing but legends clones, scouts, and Sandtroopers - who would think we'd ever see that?

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2007, 07:20 PM »
Anyone going to wait this time and get them when they go on clerance a month later like Target did last year? ;D

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2007, 11:18 PM »
Anyone going to wait this time and get them when they go on clerance a month later like Target did last year? ;D

I will get two sets at regular price. One to keep MIB and the second to open.

The rest I will pick up on clearance. I'm at the point now with my collecting that if I am unable to score some of them at clearance so I can build squads of the clones then I won't sweat it. Besides, it looks like the most I would want of any of these sets would be a second one to open of all of the ARCs and Commander Vill. I might get three additional openers of the AT-RT and BARC Trooper sets, but again, that's only if I come across them once the clearance prices are set.

For the 2007 ones, I got five of the Kashyyyk Trooper, Utapau AT-RT Driver, Galactic Marine and 501st Airborne Trooper sets and three each of the other two sets all at regular price during the first few days of them hitting. I expected the sets to be (a) limited and (b) highly sought after. Unfortunately for me, neither was the case.

:-\
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2007, 09:13 AM »

It's always risk, especially around our parts,