Author Topic: 2008 Target Order 66 2-Packs  (Read 105411 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: 2008 Target Order 66 2-Packs
« Reply #330 on: July 7, 2008, 11:30 AM »
I went to 3 different Targets and all three had 2 end caps full of Order 66 and $6.98 a pop. They all had a hand full of Rancors. My friend in NJ picked up the Rancor for $20 and the 66 sets for $4.98 each. I am waiting this out before I go in to buy extras.

I want to know one thing why did they hide these for so long? For the last few weeks they were all but gone now it's like they dumped truckloads off. I love how Hasbro was warned us to buy these and not wait for clearance....I actually believed them. I am glad I did not buy multiples of these yet.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 7, 2008, 01:04 PM »
I want to know one thing why did they hide these for so long?

Damned good question.  My Targets only had the front end cap set up for maybe three weeks, then poof.  I knew they had to have gone somewhere and I thought I heard that Target was sending these back to Hasbro so they didn't have the same situation that happened last time, but obviously that's not the case.  I'm still hoping to see the endcaps I saw last year holding 300+ sets @ $2.50 a pop.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 7, 2008, 09:33 PM »
Good luck to both of you on finding lower prices.  I saw a bunch of these at $7 and within a few days they were all gone.  Still not down to $5 at most stores.  Rancors on the other hand are sitting around at $27.  I'm starting to wonder if they'll even sell through at $20.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #333 on: July 8, 2008, 12:39 AM »
I keep telling myself I'm just about done with Prequel Collecting... I had managed to avoid these sets until I saw them on clearance today. I nabbed one Palpy, one Tsui Choi, one Sev/Yellow ARC, one Obi-Wan/Red ARC, and four Anakin/ARC Trooper. I was just going to get one of each but I figured I'd grab a few more good ARC troopers while they were there so I can actually be done with them. Four blues should be enough for me. I didn't really want the Obi-Wan, the Anakins, the Sev, or the Clone that came with Tsui Choi. I only bought them because they were on clearance. I hadn't bought anything SW at retail in almost three or four months and then I spent close to $80 in one day. :-X

The Rancors seem to have hit clearance and disappeared around here before I even had a shot at them. :(
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #334 on: July 8, 2008, 01:06 AM »
I was doing the 4-man ARC teams too Ryan.  I'm up to a hefty little number of early-war ARC squads at this point too, all with red commanders.  It's a nice feeling to have gotten them cheap. 

I've managed now to get all but one complete set of O66 on clearance...  Basically, all my extras.  That ammounts to a lot more than I had planned on getting.  If I see more of just about any of them for super cheap (below $5), I'm down for them...  They're worth that just for the parts at that point.  Some stores here had tons, some had none, some had a handful it seemed.  And the %'s off varied.  I found a handful (just what I needed/wanted) for 50% off the other day, got all my early-buy extras returned and replaced them with 30% off buys...  Only one original set cost me full price and that was fine by me.

Did the same with my Rancor too.  $40 was too much on that bad boy I'm afraid, and now I can put the cash towards my AT-TE I figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 8, 2008, 09:12 AM »
I keep telling myself I'm just about done with Prequel Collecting... I had managed to avoid these sets until I saw them on clearance today. I nabbed one Palpy, one Tsui Choi, one Sev/Yellow ARC, one Obi-Wan/Red ARC, and four Anakin/ARC Trooper. I was just going to get one of each but I figured I'd grab a few more good ARC troopers while they were there so I can actually be done with them. Four blues should be enough for me. I didn't really want the Obi-Wan, the Anakins, the Sev, or the Clone that came with Tsui Choi. I only bought them because they were on clearance. I hadn't bought anything SW at retail in almost three or four months and then I spent close to $80 in one day. :-X

The Rancors seem to have hit clearance and disappeared around here before I even had a shot at them. :(

I'll take the Yellow Barc trooper (the one with Tsui Choi) off your hands for you, if you're willing to sell it.
-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 8, 2008, 09:36 AM »
I keep telling myself I'm just about done with Prequel Collecting... I had managed to avoid these sets until I saw them on clearance today.

You're still my hero. The clearance thing is valid excuse.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 5, 2008, 03:10 AM »
I finally got around to opening my set of 2008 Order 66s this weekend.  My favorite figures of the 12 were Master Sev for his articulation and Tsui Choi for being a cute Jedi Master.  I really liked the cloaks that have the flexible wire sewed into them for way better cloak poseability.  It's little details like this that shows that Hasbro does sometimes care.  Definitely a nice touch.  I haven't convinced myself to open the JediCon Shadow Troopers set yet strictly due to the cost.  It sits MIP on the computer hutch for now.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #338 on: August 5, 2008, 10:33 AM »
I picked up extras of these sets for $2.49 a pop, I found all 6 but only one of Anakin, Obi and Palps. I spent $20 and get a lot of bang for my money with 16 figures. They are truly wiped out now.......
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/