Author Topic: 2008 Target Order 66 2-Packs  (Read 105662 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: 2008 Target Order 66 2-Packs
« Reply #315 on: May 7, 2008, 12:53 PM »
The are still on the front endcaps in my neck of the woods but it's slim pickings: Sev, Luminara and some straggler Anakins. I knew these would not be in the abundance as before. (I posted this in reply 202 way back when. Sorry the image is missing if you look).

Here is the recap of the post:

The case of order 66 I picked up back on 4/1 was numbered 1476 of 5600 side of the box.

There are 12 tubes per case which equals 67,200 pcs for the possible total US production run. Breaking the numbers down further divide that by 6 and you have an exact production run of 11,200 per set. Thinking about this nationally that does not seem like a lot. So I am not sure the chances of seeing these at clearance as much as before.....those who wait may be sorry. Target has about 1500 stores in the US so the average store will only get 3-4 cases each (36-48pcs per store!)

While they may have had another small shipment, my original observation matches up from what I am seeing/reading.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2008, 12:54 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 7, 2008, 02:21 PM »
Nah, they just sent the second shipment to Canada to rape us with.  They made way, way more money off the retailer up here than they would have made down there, so it made sense for Hasbro. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #317 on: May 12, 2008, 01:09 PM »
Anyone interested in a chance to win a free set? ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 12, 2008, 01:51 PM »
Wow, that's one heck of a giveaway!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 12, 2008, 02:15 PM »
It's good to see the giveaway going on again.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 13, 2008, 12:43 PM »
Anyone interested in a chance to win a free set? ;)

yes sir, just sent my e-mail.

Nice give-away!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline clonebuyer111

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 14, 2008, 03:12 PM »
awsome give away
 i will enter ! =)

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 17, 2008, 08:45 AM »
 These have all but disappeared from the local targets in my neck of the wood, not even stragglers I wonder if they have been pulled off the floor
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 17, 2008, 06:32 PM »
These have all but disappeared from the local targets in my neck of the wood, not even stragglers I wonder if they have been pulled off the floor

That is because they were all sent up to Canada...except for Sev..so that they can keep the pegs warm at their $20 pricepoint ::)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 17, 2008, 07:54 PM »
I have a feeling that Target is hiding these in their storerooms for an "eventual" clearance.  All of my Targets took down their Alaya/Kashhhhyyyyk/GH endcaps a few weeks ago and they were nowhere to be found, but all the sudden they popped up on clearance.  The o66/Joe/TF endcaps all got replaced by Speedracer **** two weeks ago and most of my Targets were very well stocked with all three exclusive lines the day before the endcap got yanked and replaced with ****** toys.

Who in their right mind thought that Speedracer toys should dominate every toy aisle/endcap  ???

dumbasses....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 17, 2008, 08:13 PM »
I think the thinking is that Pixar's Cars did well at retail so why wouldn't Speed Racer? Kids like cars.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 18, 2008, 08:06 AM »
I think the thinking is that Pixar's Cars did well at retail so why wouldn't Speed Racer? Kids like cars.
So True My two year old loves the cars we pass the display and he points and says "ma five"  and he has never even seen or  heard about speed racer  he just wants the cars

« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 08:07 AM by ctonra »
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 18, 2008, 11:03 AM »

I think Mike's point is - do they really need two endcaps and a main aisle location for Speed Racer Cars?  Maybe the little hotwheel thinks will sell, but I don't see any movement on the Speed Racer Car/Figures, whereas the Iron Man Displays are completely cleaned out.  I would have bet big money on Iron Man being way more popular than Speed Racer prior to their release - this should not have been such a surprise to retailers.

Back on topic, my local target has the Order 66 sets (what's left of them) off the front displays and flexed into the main aisle.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #328 on: July 5, 2008, 01:32 AM »
I guess one store locally had a TON of these on clearance for half off, but unfortunately it's a hike from me...  The one I frequent semi-often had 50% off O66 sets tonight actually, but they were picked over and had very little left at all so I just passed.

I found some clearance stuff, so I'm content.  I just didn't get the "big" savings...  30% works for me though and a buddy locally did get me a Rancor half off, so that rocks. 

I'm a happy man!

2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 7, 2008, 09:34 AM »
It seems like the Targets around town here have been holding these in the back until now.  I had only seen the Luminara pack at our local stores (since they were on the front endcap anyways), and now this weekend I saw most to all of the packs (depending on the store) on clearance for $6.98 or so.