Author Topic: More from TFU - Rumors/Speculation  (Read 56132 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: More from TFU - Rumors/Speculation
« Reply #150 on: December 14, 2009, 05:52 PM »
Am I mistaken or has Hasbro indicated that there's two separate box sets coming at TRU in 2010?  If so, we might be seeing some TFU2 stuff packed in there... and given how good the original TFU stuff did seem to sell, hopefully Hasbro is willing to take a chance on figures from the new game as well.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 14, 2009, 06:30 PM »
Yep, there are two boxed sets, each anchored with an Apprentice figure.  From last week's Q&A it sounded like they'd both share a body and have unique heads.

Proxy has to top the list of other characters but I don't think there have been any other solid rumors so far.  None that I can remember right now anyway.  Plenty of speculation, though.

I'm surprised we haven't had any leaks or proto pictures yet since these were supposed to be in the regular line early next year.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 14, 2009, 06:41 PM »
Am I mistaken or has Hasbro indicated that there's two separate box sets coming at TRU in 2010?  If so, we might be seeing some TFU2 stuff packed in there... and given how good the original TFU stuff did seem to sell, hopefully Hasbro is willing to take a chance on figures from the new game as well.

I'm wondering the same thing - if any of the figures in the 2010 TFU box sets will contain characters from TFU2.

I would almost prefer that they stuck to the first game with the first two box sets, perhaps even throw in a version of Starkiller from either the Tatooine or Hoth Levels and then have a sequel pair of box sets in late 2010/early 2011 that would feature figures from TFU2.

For the two box sets coming this spring, I'm hoping for:
  • Proxy
  • Kazdan Paratus
  • Juno Eclipse (after being branded a traitor)
  • Darth Desolous
  • Darth Phobos
  • Kento Marek
  • Ozzik Sturn
  • Starkiller - Basic Costume w/Better Likeness
  • Starkiller - Heavy Training Gear from Raxus Prime Level
  • Starkiller - Light Training Gear from Felucia Level
  • Lord Starkiller - from the Tatooine level of the Ultimate Sith Edition
  • Lord Starkiller - from the Hoth level of the Ultimate Sith Edition

I know a lot of those on the list above are probably never going to see the light of day, but I really do hope that they round-out the rest of the level "bosses". If they threw in the two PS2/PSP/Wii Dark Lords and then also two versions of Starkiller as a Dark Lord, Sith Lord focus collectors will flock to these sets even if it means they end up with six or eight figures they don't need.

I think it would also be great if they threw in a second better likeness Galen head that would fit on the White Jedi Robe version of the Apprentice from the Evolutions set - that outfit was sculpted pretty accurately, so all you really need is a new head to go on the figure.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 06:43 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline commandernarra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 14, 2009, 08:16 PM »
These would of been tooled up months ago, when most of the figures would have been a separate wave for this year. There won't be any figures representing the expansion game or especially the just revealed sequel, although I'd hope to see something farther down the track. Hasbro should really be jumping on the Video game bandwagon, and try to release figures for whatever current game is released (althought hat didn't work out to swimmingly with the first TFU wave  ;)) Who wouldn't buy figures coinciding with The Old Republic?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 14, 2009, 10:21 PM »
I don't play the games but I'd be up for more figures from them.

It kind of sucked for Hasbro the way the TFU wave turned out before.  They actually had everything all set and then the game delays kind of dicked them.  It's unfortunate that there couldn't be more toys launched to coincide with the games but the development lead time on both is so long it's tough.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #155 on: December 14, 2009, 10:33 PM »
I wonder if that Gigantic Lizard Ape that tossed the Rancor like a rag doll in the Sequel Trailer will fit in one of those boxed sets.  ;D

(That Trailer was killer)

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=8&itemid=15183
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 14, 2009, 11:01 PM »
I wonder if that Gigantic Lizard Ape that tossed the Rancor like a rag doll in the Sequel Trailer will fit in one of those boxed sets.  ;D

No - look at how badly TFU Rancor sold.  I saw a mountain on clearance for $9 somethingish - not to mention the build up of ROTJ Rancors still rotting..  Plus this thing is WAY too big.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 15, 2009, 02:52 AM »
I wish I could have found the TFU Ranco for $9, I would have bought it.  It sold rather well here which is surprising.  The Jabba's Palace version is not selling, however.  A few have moved but there's always at least one on the shelf.

E...

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 15, 2009, 08:40 AM »
I wish I could have found the TFU Ranco for $9, I would have bought it.  It sold rather well here which is surprising.  The Jabba's Palace version is not selling, however.  A few have moved but there's always at least one on the shelf.

E...

Same thing in my area.  The TFU one didn't sit long enough to hit clearance prices.  I personally didn't buy one because I knew a ROTJ version (which I happily paid full price for when it was released) had to be right around the corner.  But had I see one clearanced for under $20 I would have bought a TFU version. 

Offline commander apoc

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine by me.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 15, 2009, 11:44 AM »

(That Trailer was killer)

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=8&itemid=15183

maybe it does fit in a box.... but nothing else will......

There can never be enough clones.....

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 15, 2009, 12:12 PM »
That beast would be awesome, but I highly doubt it will be made.  I think the only reason we got the TFU Rancor was because Hasbro knew they could use the mold for a ROTJ Rancor too.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 15, 2009, 02:25 PM »
This gigantic beast looks awesome.  If it does get made, how big will this thing be???  I doubt that it will get made.  The trailer looks fantastic btw.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 15, 2009, 06:06 PM »
These would of been tooled up months ago, when most of the figures would have been a separate wave for this year. There won't be any figures representing the expansion game or especially the just revealed sequel, although I'd hope to see something farther down the track. Hasbro should really be jumping on the Video game bandwagon, and try to release figures for whatever current game is released (althought hat didn't work out to swimmingly with the first TFU wave  ;)) Who wouldn't buy figures coinciding with The Old Republic?

I think figures of Starkiller from either the Tatooine or Hoth levels are still a possibility. Just because they would have needed to be tooled up "months ago", that doesn't mean that the 3D models for either outfit or even detailed drawings of either out weren't available "months ago". It's not like LucasArts coded up the Hoth level on a Monday and released the game the next day, when it comes to stuff like this, there's always the possibility that enough lead time was available for things to be considered, nevermind the fact that those sets are still four to five months away, so they could literally be waiting on finishing up one last figure for each set as we speak.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 15, 2009, 11:21 PM »
Actually, in a recent Q&A response Hasbro stated that the new TFU sets would NOT be themed around the Ultimate Sith Edition.  But they said nothing about TFU2.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 16, 2009, 08:30 AM »
I wonder if Hasbro would make a blind Rahm Kota?  I am just playing TFU for the first time right now and I am at the part where Maris Brood is seemingly turning evil holding Bail captive. 

Anyway, the blind Rahm Kota would be an easy one I could see Hasbro cheaping out on - just needing a new head.  Plus, I could see Hasbro putting him out again for another reason - my son just got the new Battlefront game for the Nintendo DS and I briefly saw that "blind Rahm Kota" is in that too.