Author Topic: More from TFU - Rumors/Speculation  (Read 56135 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: More from The Force Unleashed?
« Reply #90 on: December 3, 2007, 11:48 AM »
I'll probably wind up getting the two specialized troopers with all the gear, and maybe Vader just for the "beaten all to hell" look, but everything else (other than 2" Unleashed, which I will buy) will be getting a pass from me. 

They are the only TFU Stormies that interest me too. They make sense and look more official, the others Stormies are just too over the top. The Gun metal gray Stormie compared to Black Stormie does not really make sense, not that big of a difference. I thought the Black Stormies were stupid but at least they were in the official imperial color spectrum.

Overall Clones have seemed to slow down and this seems like an effort to try and recreate the army building buzz. I wish this game would just come out already I am ready for the new Clone Wars stuff! Who knows what crazy colors await us there.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2007, 11:49 AM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 3, 2007, 11:56 AM »
does the blue guy have a removable helmet? cause i noticed his helm looks "fatter" then the otheres.

Good eye... and damnit, I think you're right.  I don't mind removable helmets on Stormies if the helmets don't look "fatter" but it does appear to be that way.

As for these new Stormies, I don't care for the Shadow repack or the "Covert" Trooper.  I always thought that if they really wanted to be covert, they'd be in jumpsuits not cumbersome armor.  So the Covert Trooper will be an easy pass for me as I feel the entire concept is lame.  I might grab a couple of the Shadow Trooper however as I already have a couple of the original version/Blackhole Trooper (or whatever they're calling these now).

I'll probably want to play the game before I know just how many of the red/blue Stormies that I want.  Probably 3-4 of each.  They'll most likely sit in a box until I get to a point in my photonovel series where I might find a use for them... I'm hoping they are in a Battle Pack but if that's the case, they might throw the Covert Stormie in there, which would tick me off.

Regarding if Lucas will alter the OT Stormies in the films, I highly doubt he'd ever do that. 

« Last Edit: December 3, 2007, 03:05 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Desfiy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 3, 2007, 01:12 PM »
Never doubt the lows Lucas will sink to get a Buck, hell hes already altered the OT to much but it hasnt stopped him.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 3, 2007, 02:25 PM »
Never doubt the lows Lucas will sink to get a Buck, hell hes already altered the OT to much but it hasnt stopped him.

At first I would think "No" George would not do that, but he likes to tinker and wants  those films out there in 3-D form someday.  So, I would not put it past the man to change them.  THEN I could see people justified in getting mad about these multi-colored stormtroopers.  I would even be mad about that.  But this video game altering of them does not bother me that much.  It looks odd I admit, but that's all.

Hey, there is a bright side to all this.  Everyone loves that VOTC mold so much.  Here's a way to buy them at retail and then paint them white or whatever.  I might even be able to tackle that :)   

Offline Desfiy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 4, 2007, 04:18 PM »
Actually thats what I was thinking of doing getting this lot and paiting them white, or using goo of to remove the paint.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 4, 2007, 05:38 PM »
Vader's Secret Apprentice figure confirmed!

From, http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/toyfare/006564394.cfm

Do you know if he’s getting an action figure from Hasbro?

WITWER: He’s getting at least one figure.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #96 on: December 4, 2007, 05:57 PM »
Hasbro already confirmed he's getting a figure a while back IIRC.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 10, 2007, 02:42 PM »
Hasbro already confirmed he's getting a figure a while back IIRC.

Looks like he might be getting another outfit too... while looking on ebay for Force Unleashed stuff, I saw a bit of a spoiler regarding the character.  Might already be common news, but I wasn't aware of it...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #99 on: December 10, 2007, 02:58 PM »
Looks like he might be getting another outfit too...

Well, most rumors say that the game is like other SW games (KotOR, etc) in that you can choose to play him falling to "dark side" or "light side" of the force.  It's leading to a lot of "Evolution" pack rumors with the Apprentice - 1 fig for the outfit from the start of the game and then 1 fig for the "light" ending and 1 for the "dark" ending.  Just rumors for now though...

Also, from that RS link, it looks like the Blue Storm Commander is going to be carded.  Since he's not in the TFU wave, and Hasbro says only 1 TFU wave, maybe he'll be a Target/TRU/? exclusive to counter these Wal-Mart box exclusives.  Or maybe he'll end up in a later EU type wave?

Should be interesting to see how it all shakes out...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 03:01 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 10, 2007, 03:05 PM »
Ah, that would make sense if you can play as either Good or Evil, because the figure I saw of him wasn't evil...

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2007, 10:37 AM »
Chewie,
          Where did you see the figure??   what did it look like?
Any pics?
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 11, 2007, 10:54 AM »
Here's an image - APPRENTICE REDEEMED

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 11, 2007, 11:01 AM »
Here's an image - APPRENTICE REDEEMED

That's a mini though. No guarantee that it will be made into a 3 3/4 figure. Looks like a generic Jedi to boot. Then again at the mini scale it's herd to get detail, so a "redeemed" figure might look s nicer at 3 3/4 scale.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 11, 2007, 11:43 AM »
Yeah, it's a mini - but I thought I heard there would be two figures of the Apprentice, so it's possible that this outfit will be incorporated into a 3-3/4 figure... I hope so actually, it looks pretty cool.