Author Topic: Vintage ebaY auction wins!  (Read 55432 times)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage ebaY auction wins!
« Reply #240 on: June 25, 2005, 10:05 AM »
Andy,

I just got a new Digital Canon Rebel XT so I will post some decent pictures soon.  BTW, I'll take a close up of the minty Amanaman and Han in Carbonite that you sold me.  They are still in a nice home ;D.

DBK

Congrats DBK!  I bet that feels good.   
Do you have a good way to display them?

Andy

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #241 on: June 26, 2005, 12:05 AM »
Jason,

I do not know how I missed that auction, but great for you.  I'm glad I did not see that auction and inflate the price for you as I know I would have bid on it.  I had the gun and figure but was only missing the cape.

I paid $40 shipped for a complete one as I got tired of looking endlessly.  Well maybe not endlessly as I was looking for two years.  You = 10 :o.

A big congrats to you.

DBK 

Thanks DBK! Yeah for 10 years I looked high and low for the cape, but couldn't bring myself to buy a complete one, I figured I'd eventually find just the cape. Then I got fed up and started to look for a full figure, but then I came across this one and I was like yeah I'll go for it. This is actually my 3rd Gen. Lando, I had one as a kid, which is how I got the coin, but I lost everything else, then the figure I've had for 10 years, and now this guy. Still need the gun though, so if that's a spare you got, let me know we can work something out.  ;D
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 26, 2005, 01:33 AM »
10 years for a Lando cape.  :o

I have heard of many years searching for that holy grail in there collection but wow. Glad you found one and having the figure in better condition for a great price.  8)

Best of luck on his weapon, just hope it does not take that long to find one.  ;)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 27, 2005, 09:48 PM »
Jason,

As far as I am concerned this JD Community is about sharing information and most importantly helping other collectors out.  If the gun will find a welcomed home in your collection, which I believe it will, it is yours. 

Just PM me your mailing address.

Regards,

DBK

Jason,

I do not know how I missed that auction, but great for you.  I'm glad I did not see that auction and inflate the price for you as I know I would have bid on it.  I had the gun and figure but was only missing the cape.

I paid $40 shipped for a complete one as I got tired of looking endlessly.  Well maybe not endlessly as I was looking for two years.  You = 10 :o.

A big congrats to you.

DBK 

Thanks DBK! Yeah for 10 years I looked high and low for the cape, but couldn't bring myself to buy a complete one, I figured I'd eventually find just the cape. Then I got fed up and started to look for a full figure, but then I came across this one and I was like yeah I'll go for it. This is actually my 3rd Gen. Lando, I had one as a kid, which is how I got the coin, but I lost everything else, then the figure I've had for 10 years, and now this guy. Still need the gun though, so if that's a spare you got, let me know we can work something out.  ;D

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #244 on: June 27, 2005, 10:02 PM »
Vintage right now is juts weird.  I watch auctions go for unbeleiveably high amounts, yet every now and then  I squeak in a rediculous steal.

Odd.
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #245 on: June 28, 2005, 02:42 AM »
DBK - you got a pm coming your way.  :D

Vintage right now is juts weird.  I watch auctions go for unbeleiveably high amounts, yet every now and then  I squeak in a rediculous steal.

Odd.

Yeah it definitely is weird right now. I find things which have no right being so high in price, like a lot of 20 or so common C4 figures going for $300, but then I'll see POTF figures which commonly go for $100 going for $40-$50. Just got to catch the good deals as they happen, as I think they're becoming more prevalent than in recent years, maybe due to so many people trying to capitalize on the ROTS release that it's having a price lowering effect on many items...
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 28, 2005, 09:31 PM »
You want weird?  How's this for weird...$52.00 for a carded Kea Moll :o  That's ridiculous.  It's a nice card and all, but the plastic is starting the yellowing process where it's attached to the card, so the bubble can't be too far behind.  That's way too much for an opener and her high average price is $25-35 on a card.  That's almost double.

Naturally I still need Kea Moll ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 29, 2005, 05:17 AM »
$52. for a Kea Moll, thats crazy.  ::)

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #248 on: June 29, 2005, 08:20 PM »
I'm Brain Fellows!!!!!

;^) little SNL inside humor there.
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 3, 2005, 11:55 PM »

And so it continues Madness, I say

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 4, 2005, 12:02 AM »
I had a few of his auctions bookmarked. When they started getting higher, I backed off.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 17, 2005, 03:24 PM »
Another one bites the dust 8)

Unfortunately I was cleaning out the fridge and forgot his Kez Iban auction :(

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 17, 2005, 03:32 PM »
Nice catch.  8)

If beer was involved in cleaning the fridge then your excused.  ;)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #253 on: July 17, 2005, 04:51 PM »
Here are my 2 latest eBay vintage Star Wars purchases...
I don't buy a lot of vintage stuff, but I always wanted a carded Vader and the Luke Stormie was one of the last vintage figures that I needed. 

Vintage Luke Stormtrooper

Vintage ROTJ Vader MOC

I did a "completed auctions" search for both of these before I bought them and I think I got a decent deal, but what do you "experts" think?  ;D
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 21, 2005, 12:45 PM »
Well, I'm not an expert by any means, but those look like good deals to me!

I know at one time ROTJ Vaders were going for $75-$85 (pre-ROTS) and Luke stormies were right around $80.