Author Topic: Vintage ebaY auction wins!  (Read 55165 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage ebaY auction wins!
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2004, 09:03 AM »
Not bad, all in time you will have them.  ;)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2004, 11:39 AM »
meh, not bad

That gives me three of the last 17 now.  Luke Stormtrooper, General Lando and Anakin (1 loose, two carded).  Carry on. :)

Brent,

Very nice price on the Lando, I would have deffinetely nabbed that piece at that price.  

-Fish-

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2004, 08:00 PM »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2004, 08:49 AM »
Very nice wins Brent. So are you starting to hoard Anakin figures?  ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2004, 10:18 AM »
Very nice wins Brent. So are you starting to hoard Anakin figures?  ;D

It would seem so.  That makes 4 ::) :-X

I just really couldn't pass it up at that price.  I don't remember exactly what I paid for the other loose one, but probably $5-7 more.  I'll probably just put this one back up on ebay with a $13-15 BIN.  I bought it because it's from the same seller as the Barada, so shipping didn't go up.  Also the DSG was same seller, but didn't win.   :-\  

My ebay is full :-[  But won't buy anything I don't think is a good price.  Just seems to be a plethora of last 17 out there right now. :)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2004, 01:17 PM »
Brent,

Some nice scores there, if you nab any extra's that I need (see my trade list) let me know as I have some extras I am sure you could use.

Regards,

-Fish-

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2004, 01:30 PM »
Will do sir.  I'm hoping my lot from last week is in.  Always nervous before getting the lots.  Sure, they look great in the pic, but when you get them in person, sometimes :-\

And I definitely have holes right now.  I'm not paying enough attention to the earlier stuff at all and almost bid on a Paploo last night :-X  Stoopid Ewoks, especially considering I already have a Paploo.  I may just go through them all so I can make a list and see what I'm satisfied with.  I really like the thought of poorly carded figures to open, but they end up pretty high.  No luck with carded BINs like you've had.  Curse you Wayne ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2004, 10:17 PM »
Still no luke stormtrooper lot after today :-\  I'm sure it's in transit and likely held up in customs.  

Oh well, to compensate for it... I seem to be a wee bit out of control but liked the price, $0.51 under my max.  

I can't help it.  I got a money order today from selling off some vintage captain action stuff, so $200 to the tv fund and an Ev-9D9 for me.  And the prices are pretty low this week, at least it seems that way to me.  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2004, 10:22 PM »
Ev-9D9 was hard to get for me for some reason, I got sniped on one like 4 times.  I think I finally traded for one with Kim Zoll

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2004, 10:52 PM »
My cable connections is paying off lately.  I got that one with I think 5 seconds and got Barada the other day with only 2 seconds left.  My TV just keeps getting smaller :-\

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2004, 02:11 AM »
Nice Brent, now go get the rest of the last 17.  ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2004, 04:12 PM »
This one turned out to be a very, very nice win.  I'm always scared after bidding on lots.  This one had a decent assortment of figures and the pictures were pretty good.  I love the supersize option, but never use it when I'm selling either.  In spite of the pics though, as we all know, it remains a crapshoot until the items are in hand.  This one turned out very well.  

The ship/transport is nice and man, is it huge :o  I had no idea, but I suppose Kenner thought it should be reasonably big enough to actually hold figures and play with them.  Neat concept.  My transport is pretty dirty though, so any suggestions on cleaning are most welcome.  I fear the yellow staining won't come out though.  I hadn't intended to collect all the vintage ships so this may make it's way back onto ebay at some point.  

The gem of course is the Luke Stormtrooper and it is indeed very nice.  Some minor staining/yellowing along the front of the legs, but otherwise nice and white.  The legs and arms are indeed a little less white than the body but not noticeable unless you hold it in sunlight.  The helmet is a very nice white with just enough tiny amounts of wear to have me believe it is indeed original.  The blaster is original, as were all of the weapons listed.  Joints are all nice and tight :)

Leia Boussh is also very sweet.  Joints are tight but for the left leg, she still stands solidly though.  Helmet and overall figure are very nice and clean.  This was a figure I did not have, so getting one that doesn't need upgrading is a treat.  

Leia Bespin is nice too, but not quite as nice.  A little bit of hair rubbing at the front and some paint loss on the back of the hands.  Cape is minty as is the weapon, so very pleased here too.  

Non-smiling Lando is good, but has a stain on his right leg.  Noticeable, but I'll keep him.  Smiling Lando also came and in better shape.  I'll have to compare him to the one I already have to see which is better.  Both capes are great and as indicated earlier, both weapons are original.  Very nice.

Cloud car pilot is a nice upgrade for me.  The limbs are a little dirty/yellowed but it is indeed better than what I had.  Both accessories are present as well.  I may upgrade it at some point, but this was considered a bonus in this condition.  

Lobot (of duplex fame) is a very pleasant surprise.  I did have one, but no weapon and with considerable paint wear.  This was a gamble that also paid off in a very nice upgrade.

The Vader is in excellent condition.  Just a slight bend to the saber tip but otherwise minty fresh.  The one Wayne sent me to start was a nice piece, but I fear this may well end up being an unexpected upgrade.  

Red snaggletooth is another figure I did not have.  The paint is very nice on this one with only one or two tiny, tiny paint rubs.  Very good condition.  Sadly his blaster is the same as Bespin Luke, and I wanted to upgrade that figure more, so I'll need to track down a blaster for him.  On the upside, the auction included a spare stormtrooper blaster that goes with none of the figures, so an extra weapon was included, just the wrong one.  Not a complaint at all.  

Anakin (yes, one of four I own) is excellent in terms of paint but his legs are a little loose.  Stands easily so I may keep it or have no compunction about selling it as being in good condition.  have to compare him to the next loose one arriving later this week ::) ;)

Bespin Luke is a considerable upgrade from the free one Scott sent me (thank you).  Strangely, his limbs don't match the tan of the body very well.  Is this normal?  Either way, the paint is very good on this one with only a little fading on the black of the belt in the back.  The hair and face paint are excellent.  As mentioned above, I placed the blaster with this figure and he has an original lightsaber so pleased, am I.  

Endor rebel commando is quite nice.  From the status of his arms, loose but still poseable, he saw his share of action.  It must have been in a heavily carpeted jungle though as his paint is immaculate everywhere except his face.  It's almost surreal.  The face isn't really all that bad either, just shows some age in the sense of a little fading/dirty.  Possibly cleaning it will restore it's lustre.  It may just be a really effectively done paint app by the factory.  Still, a good figure and probably will end up as another unexpected upgrade for me.  

The Emperor is a ncie piece.  One finger tip paint scuff otherwise minty.  But I did not need an upgrade as I've ended up with two or three very nice Emperor's.  This poor fellow is likely to end up sold in a lot and having his cane is a nice touch.  My lots will only have probably 25% of the weapons included so the cane being there is helpful.  Love those yellow eyes.

8D8 is nice and had I not received a MOC version from Wayne, this would be a good piece.  Slight yellowing is going on with the limbs, but the joints are pretty close to as stiff as the MOC version I opened (don't worry, the cards were crap).  I guess no one ever played with poor 8D8 as a child.

On the other hand, it would seem IG-88 was very fun to play with.  Probably the loosest jointed figure of the lot, the paint is still remarkably good.  Both weapons are present and it's quite likely I will parasitize his blaster for another figure.  This one will end up in my lot with only his rifle.  I have lots of rifles lying around, I suppose size does matter :-*

The Bespin Guards are in excellent condition.  I don't think I need to upgrade, but these may be worthy.  Both with weapons, so that in itself is an upgrade for me.  Sweet.

The ugnaught is probably the disappointment of the bunch.  It's not bad, it's just not good.  I hadn't really paid any attention, so was hoping for a blue smock, but this guy is the purple and it has a stain.  He did come with his case though and I need that, so it was beneficial to be in there.  

Another disappointment in one sense is the R5.  It's ok and I've seen way, waaaaaaaaaaay worse on ebay, it just isn't crisp and clean.  I don't think I was expecting it to be, just hoping for that upgrade I need and this isn't it.  

To end on a positive note, Orimaarko is in excellent condition, complete with robe/poncho/hoodie, whatever it's called.  Weapon is there too.  A nice piece for the upcoming lot as I don't need an upgrade.  

This is easily the best lot I have purchased yet.  Two last 17 figs and two complete Leias with a horde of other needed figs.  Very sweet.  Twenty figs, all but one complete and a ship for $150 delivered.  Can you say positive feedback?

« Last Edit: May 18, 2004, 04:13 PM by Morgbug »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2004, 04:25 PM »
Scored a Lumat today for $13 and change.  No bow, but I have a spare from another auction.  Knock off another.  Picked up Klaatu skiff and Logray yesterday for just under $10 dlvd.  

Hey, I've got to do something while I watch last 17 auctions go beyond my price range.   :P

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2004, 07:45 PM »
Brent,

Very nice score on the Lumat; consider yourself extrmely lucky on the extra bow.  I have been looking for a Lumat bow for several months with absolutely no luck!

-Fish-

Scored a Lumat today for $13 and change.  No bow, but I have a spare from another auction.  Knock off another.  Picked up Klaatu skiff and Logray yesterday for just under $10 dlvd.  

Hey, I've got to do something while I watch last 17 auctions go beyond my price range.   :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2004, 08:00 PM »
Blind Luck, Fish, blind luck.  It just happened to be in an auction lot with Paploo and Wicket.