Author Topic: Vintage ebaY auction wins!  (Read 55204 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage ebaY auction wins!
« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2004, 01:28 PM »
Nice mail day.  

Got my Amanaman and it was a true steal of a deal.  The figure and staff are minty as can be.  Coin is in good shape as well, but not convinced I'm keeping it.  Yet.

Imperial Dignitary came and paint wise it is mint.  Nose is nice and clean.  The joints are a little loose, but I can live with it.  

Rebo band needs some cleaning up, but is very nice as well.  Need a flute though :-\ but cannot complain at that price.  

Yoda came with his brown snake, but I need a belt and the appropriate cane for him.  My other Yoda has a cane, but no snake, though it does have the belt.  I can have a Yoda, complete but it's a little mismatched.  

Great mail day.  Great. :)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2004, 03:58 PM »
Very nice Brent.

This guy has a cane for sale $2.00 shipped.  Not too much of a financial gamble.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=844920&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#844920

What color mic's did you get?

-Fish-

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2004, 04:48 PM »
Thanks for the link Matt.  I'll look into that.  The mics are silver/grey.  Please tell me these are real.  I hadn't even contemplated reproduction mics.  Sob.  

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 11, 2004, 05:08 PM »
Thanks for the link Matt.  I'll look into that.  The mics are silver/grey.  Please tell me these are real.  I hadn't even contemplated reproduction mics.  Sob.  

Brent, you should be fine as I know of no replica stands and mics in existence.  I was fortunate enought to get my band with black mic's and a silver flute.  This variation is VHTF IMO.

Good luck on the flute, just add a ebaY search in your favorites and one will pop up.  That's how I got my authentic Luke Stormtrooper Helmet ;D!

Yeah, for 2:00 on the cane you can't really loose out.

-Fish-  

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2004, 05:12 PM »
The mics are silver/grey.  Please tell me these are real.  I hadn't even contemplated reproduction mics.  Sob.  

From RS:

Accessory Mould Variations
Each of the accessories packed in the Sy Snootles and the Rebo Band three pack has a mould (or in the case of the organ, a spray op) variation. Each of the accessories (save the organ) was moulded in both black and gray plastics. Every known example shows that the Black Moulded Musical Instrument was exclusively packed with the Gray Moulded Microphone Stand and Music Stand, while the Gray Moulded Musical Instrument was exclusively packed with the Black Moulded Microphone Stand and Music Stand. The organ was produced with both bronze and gold spray ops. There is no indication that either version of the organ was packed exclusively with either of the accessories mould variations. There are no documented examples of all black or all gray accessories being packed together.

You are fine Brent. My sealed set has the black mic's w/ gray flute, my old loose set which I sold when I upgraded had the gray mic's.

Your's are gray so that would mean you need a black flute.  ;)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2004, 05:17 PM »
The mics are silver/grey.  Please tell me these are real.  I hadn't even contemplated reproduction mics.  Sob.  

From RS:

Accessory Mould Variations
Each of the accessories packed in the Sy Snootles and the Rebo Band three pack has a mould (or in the case of the organ, a spray op) variation. Each of the accessories (save the organ) was moulded in both black and gray plastics. Every known example shows that the Black Moulded Musical Instrument was exclusively packed with the Gray Moulded Microphone Stand and Music Stand, while the Gray Moulded Musical Instrument was exclusively packed with the Black Moulded Microphone Stand and Music Stand. The organ was produced with both bronze and gold spray ops. There is no indication that either version of the organ was packed exclusively with either of the accessories mould variations. There are no documented examples of all black or all gray accessories being packed together.

You are fine Brent. My sealed set has the black mic's w/ gray flute, my old loose set which I sold when I upgraded had the gray mic's.

Your's are gray so that would mean you need a black flute.  ;)

Dale, true enough.  But then...once Brent get's that black flute, he would need to sell that Rebo Band to get the much harded to find black mic version to be in the same club as us  ;)!

Just joking Brent, please don't take me serious as there are far too many variations to track down  :-X.

Speaking of which...

I might be getting my blue saber Luke Jedi and Brown Snake Luke in the mail today.

-Fish-
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 05:18 PM by FishEyedLouie »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2004, 10:18 PM »
I think you mean Brown snake Yoda, not Luke ;)  Otherwise there's another variation out there I didn't know about.  

I was just worried about finding a flute, never mind the right color.  Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh, this is killing me.   ;D  

Much fun.  I think I need to do some reading.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 12, 2004, 10:07 PM »
Well that was fast to rectify itself.  
Crappy box, but it claims all parts are present.  

Beat out bidder by name of Simonp301 on this one, but that's ok, he got me big here :o  

I think he got a very, very good deal on that auction.  Though I think a few of those weapons might be repros even though it indicates otherwise.  Ree-yees weapon is a little too gold for my tastes.  

In other news, I went through and rearranged ye olde SW room today and went through the vintage stuff.  As I near completion of the vinty stuff, I'm ready to upgrade some pretty rough figures.  They aren't horrible, but dirty or loose joints or are missing a weapon or accessory.  To make my list that was getting short, here it is longer:

Luke Skywalker
Princess Leia
Han Solo
Yoda (orange snake and cane - must follow fish lead)
Hoth rebel commander
Tie Pilot
Death Star Droid - better paint, tighter joints
Han Hoth - gun only, but could use better paint
Jawa - gun only
Leia Hoth, - gun only, but could use better paint
Luke X-wing - complete, but need better paint
Stormtrooper - need a crisp white one (or two)
Squid Head
Nikto - thought I had it, but guess not ???
AT-ST driver - could open my trilogo - not
Romba
Lumat bow - mine's a repro :'(
Teebo ax
Logray - need weapon and headdress :-\
Chief Chirpa staff
Blue smock Ugnaut
Warok
Yak Face :(

I've got a decent assortment of spare weapons at the moment too, but not all that useful.  Two repros - Leia gun (came with my Rancor Keeper :-\) and my aforementioned Lumat bow.  Boo-hoo.  Otherwise I have the following that all seem original:
Snowtrooper/Dengar rifle - appear to be trilogo version
Zuckuss rifle
IG-88 rifle
AT-AT commander rifle
Stormtrooper etc. blaster x2
Luke Jedi Pistol (Lando General) - black, hey fish, whatchou got? ;D
Paploo Staff
Romba Spear

I seem to have a spare modern Yoda cane as well that showed up with an auction win ::)

I'll use those to outfit any spares I have when I sell those off, but if anyone here needs them, LMK.  cough*fish*cough

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 12, 2004, 11:55 PM »
Rebo Band = steal.  Nice score there.

I thought the same thing about that Ree-Yees rifle and that vinyl capped Jawa's cape seemed too big.  

Did you e-mail the seller before auction close about the authenticity of the Jawa?

I have the items below.  Do you want to swap the extra weapons you have for these figures?  I mainly need the Lando Gun (as you well know) as  long as it's authentic.  Or let me know if you want to do something else trade wise, I'm open.

-----

I have:

Hoth rebel commander
Squid Head
Logray - need weapon and headdress
Blue smock Ugnaught

You have:

Dengar gun
Zuckuss rifle
IG-88 rifle
AT-AT commander rifle
Luke Jedi Pistol (Lando General) - black, hey fish, whatchou got?
Paploo Staff
Romba Spear
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 01:09 AM by FishEyedLouie »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 14, 2004, 10:38 AM »
Rebo Band = steal.  Nice score there.

I thought the same thing about that Ree-Yees rifle and that vinyl capped Jawa's cape seemed too big.  

Did you e-mail the seller before auction close about the authenticity of the Jawa?

I have the items below.  Do you want to swap the extra weapons you have for these figures?  I mainly need the Lando Gun (as you well know) as  long as it's authentic.  Or let me know if you want to do something else trade wise, I'm open.

-----

I have:

Hoth rebel commander
Squid Head
Logray - need weapon and headdress
Blue smock Ugnaut

You have:

Dengar gun
Zuckuss rifle
IG-88 rifle
AT-AT commander rifle
Luke Jedi Pistol (Lando General) - black, hey fish, whatchou got?
Paploo Staff
Romba Spear

Sorry Matt, I somehow missed this post.  I'd do this swap so long as the figs you have are complete.  The Lando gun is the real deal, I checked it against the site Dale linked.  It has the dot/circle in the butt of the gun where it should be.  Drop me a PM and we'll get this going.  I'm away for most of today, but should be able to get back to you tonight.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 14, 2004, 03:08 PM »
Brent,

I am flexible on the trade and want to help each other out, so offer whatever for the stuff you can use.

I sent you a PM.

-Fish-

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 17, 2004, 05:10 PM »
Not an ebay win, but I picked up the following figures in very nice condition for $30 shipped:

complete yoda orange snake
complete stormtrooper
complete luke x-wing
loose complete hoth rebel soldier

So I now have two upgrades for my figs, one of the missing figs and have an orange snake Yoda to go with the brown.  Cool.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 8, 2004, 02:10 PM »
Just scored my 2nd Blue Snaggletooth the other day.

BLUE SNAGGLETOOTH FIGURE C9

Now I have both boot variants. For those that don't know what that boot variant is, it's the right boot. There is a dent in the boot, also called a toe dent.

Here is a pic from the auction that shows the dent.

This is my other Blue Snaggletooth with no dent.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 9, 2004, 12:11 AM »
Ah you rat.  I'd have grabbed that one at that price in a second.  farging bastage.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 9, 2004, 02:23 AM »
Ah you rat.  I'd have grabbed that one at that price in a second.  farging bastage.

Hmmm, you need a Blue Snaggy don't you. Will look at it when it arrives & make up my mind from there. I'm sure I can find another one.