Author Topic: Legacy Wave 2 - Clone Wars Micro-Series  (Read 36846 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: 2008 Wave 3 - Clone Wars
« Reply #105 on: February 1, 2008, 07:36 PM »
I can wait for this, the greatest wave ever, but I'm not looking forward to repeat of last year's 5 waves in 4 weeks adventure.  So from March to... August?  No figs? 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 1, 2008, 07:36 PM »
I think there are two reasons for this.

1) Like evenflow said - packaging, packaging, packaging.

2) There's still a lot of retailers with TAC stuff clogging pegs, and TAC is still shipping.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #107 on: February 1, 2008, 07:45 PM »
I don't think this means we'll only have 2 waves until late summer, it's more like there will be 5 waves instead of 6 by the time Comic Con comes around.  We'll find out for sure in 2 weeks but I don't think we're going to have that much of a dry spell.  Seems like horrible planning to me though, they have known the Clone Wars stuff was coming out this fall, not sure why they wanted to shoehorn this wave in here anyway

And...I'm surprised TFU wave wasn't pushed back as well

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 1, 2008, 07:52 PM »
I don't think this means we'll only have 2 waves until late summer, it's more like there will be 5 waves instead of 6 by the time Comic Con comes around.  We'll find out for sure in 2 weeks but I don't think we're going to have that much of a dry spell.  Seems like horrible planning to me though, they have known the Clone Wars stuff was coming out this fall, not sure why they wanted to shoehorn this wave in here anyway

And...I'm surprised TFU wave wasn't pushed back as well

I hope that Scott is right about this (although the break, along with the Indy stuff hitting in that time, wouldn't be so bad I guess).  It just seems like a long time to go with only two waves on the pegs.  Granted, there will be exclusives (like Order 66 packs), Evolutions, and some comic packs as well - but even so, the basic line is the bread and butter.  I hope there is something else in there and that just this wave is getting pushed back until later (although I'm sad to see that, because the wave looks amazing).  Man, I'm really looking forward to Toy Fair to see what's on the way this year for sure.  I can't remember stuff getting so juggled around and pushed back as there has been the past couple years.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 1, 2008, 08:13 PM »
GOOD. This gives me time to catch up on SW stuff (haven't seen anything past Endor wave 07, not that I've been looking hard though) and to get hooked on the Indiana Jones line.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 1, 2008, 08:15 PM »
Well it makes sense that this comes closer to the launch of the CW series.  I like each figure in the wave.  I'll definately buy each one.  I really like the SCUBA figure, but I always wanted and underwater stormtrooper since I was a kid.   A geeky and goofy fantasy but oh well.  All in all pretty cool stuff in my opinion.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 2, 2008, 09:19 AM »
Interesting new on the delay. While it doesn't bother me due to wave content, in the end it'd just going to come up an bite us in the end with an expensive fall.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 2, 2008, 09:37 AM »
I think the delay might be healthy for the line.

They said they are still shipping Waves 6, 7.5 & 8 (odd that they skipped over Wave 7, but oh well).

We know there will be LOTS of Saga Legends, there are so many variants coming, our heads are going to spin - forget the five new figures, they'll be the easy ones - the three new pit droid sets, the SA 501st and the two remaining Sandtroopers will have us all scrambling to complete our SL sets.

There will be four more Evolutions sets, the second round of Order-66 2-packs and some exclusive vehicles/beasts if the rumor reports are to be believed. Not to mention the two 3-packs for TFU.

What was supposed to be the final Comic 2-pack wave for 2007 is finally shipping now and I'm sure there will be another wave in between these and the wave with Anakin/Durge.

And to top it all off, they are going to ship 2008 Waves 1 and 2 between now and the fall.

As far as I'm concerned that's plenty of product, especially when you factor in the IJ onslaught in April/May.

In fact, I'm willing to bet that the machines/assembly lines that make Star Wars figures had to be "lent out" to the IJ line so they could have enough product on the shelves for the launch of that line. And I'm MORE than fine with that - with the way Hasbro has been talking in recent Q&A's it looks like they have plans to make the IJ line MASSIVE and as much as I would love to get into it, I'm starting to think I might pass.

After the heavy fall/x-mas season last year, I will welcome the break, save up some $$$ and make the impact of the 2008 fall/x-mas SW offerings less painful.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 2, 2008, 10:37 AM »
In fact, I'm willing to bet that the machines/assembly lines that make Star Wars figures had to be "lent out" to the IJ line so they could have enough product on the shelves for the launch of that line. And I'm MORE than fine with that - with the way Hasbro has been talking in recent Q&A's it looks like they have plans to make the IJ line MASSIVE and as much as I would love to get into it, I'm starting to think I might pass...

I've already had to make that decision. Really it's not that bad. And think of it this way, with many other people scrambling to get IJ stuff, that should make it easier for you to get SW stuff. That's what I'm hoping for at least.

Others will be broke trying to get both lines...lol.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 3, 2008, 09:01 AM »
Good point on all points Sal. I'm planning on picking up an Indy, but that's it, and if this all saves me some gas by getting easily caught up on SW, I'll be even happier.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 3, 2008, 11:04 AM »
Yeah, at this point with the Heroes line coming out as well, and Mighty Muggs, I will probably have to just buy SA Indy and maybe only a couple others from IJ if I have any hope of being able to keep collecting the basic figure line.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 3, 2008, 01:05 PM »
As much as I am looking forward to this wave (since it's pretty much every figure I could have ever asked for from the original CW series), I have to agree with Pete that I think it's going to be healthy for the line.  While I don't think that everything is going to stop completely after Wave 2 (TFU), I think that no actual new basic figures for a few months might be a good thing.  It'll help fulfill demand for figures a lot of people still have not found, get some of the later run variants (such as the SL Pit Droids and the SA 501st) out in better numbers, and also give Hasbro a chance to do some true refresher cases with figures that are still somewhat difficult to find (i.e. Wave 5, amongst others).  Since the CW line will probably be starting in August or so (alongside what I assume will be a new ongoing Saga-inclusive line), Hasbro can ship 30AC stuff until May of 2008 (making it truly the end of the 30th year), and then everyone can clear out the previous SKUs for Saga Legends/2006 TSC and 30AC, and the pegs will be bare for the Clone Wars and Inclusive Saga lines.

Hasbro's still going to have a lot outside of basic figures on the way, though, since another wave of comic packs (Thrawn/Karrde and a few other non-CW related characters) was announced (although not confirmed), and we still have Grievous' Starfighter and the AT-AP (as well as the Utapau and Mustafar JSF rereleases) to look forward to in the vehicle range.  Then you figure in the Target exclusive Order 66 sets, the four upcoming Evolutions sets, and probably a few other exclusive items in the Spring, and even though there isn't a lot of "new" stuff being released, the schedule is still quite full.

So yeah, bring on the "drought" so that way we can prepare for the deluge in the fall. :)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 3, 2008, 02:51 PM »
I disagree.  If they were going to take a breather, they should have done it a few months back when W5-W8 were all hitting at once.  We already have '08 W1 hitting retail, so that means one more wave of new figs for 6-7 months?  That's a pretty long time for collectors and kids to wait, and I can certainly see people losing interest when the gap gets that large.  Marvel Legends was kicking out new figs pretty regularly, but with the W2 stall last year, a bunch of people lost interest ...I can definitely see that happening with SW.  My ideal timing would be a new batch of figs every 8 weeks or so.

Personally, I'm happy to have a break on my bank account and will still collect whenever the stuff comes out, but I don't think waiting this long is a good thing for the line in the long run. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 3, 2008, 08:50 PM »
Another possibility that occured to me is that for both AOTC and ROTS, Hasbro released "sneak preview" waves. So if we're getting wave 1 now, wave 2 in March, SL '08 in April - I'm willing to bet we might see a CW sneak preview wave in June and then the onslaught of CW product in August to coincide with the theatrical release of the first three episodes of the series.

When you look at it that way, that's plenty of new waves plus the other lines like comic 2 packs, battle packs (a big seller with kids), and exclusives - there is plenty of product coming between now and the fall IMHO.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 4, 2008, 09:39 PM »
Another possibility that occured to me is that for both AOTC and ROTS, Hasbro released "sneak preview" waves. So if we're getting wave 1 now, wave 2 in March, SL '08 in April - I'm willing to bet we might see a CW sneak preview wave in June and then the onslaught of CW product in August to coincide with the theatrical release of the first three episodes of the series.

When you look at it that way, that's plenty of new waves plus the other lines like comic 2 packs, battle packs (a big seller with kids), and exclusives - there is plenty of product coming between now and the fall IMHO.

Comic 2-packs were listed as delayed as well.  :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today