Author Topic: Legacy Wave 2 - Clone Wars Micro-Series  (Read 36851 times)

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 2 - Clone Wars
« Reply #165 on: September 5, 2008, 11:08 AM »
The Scuba Clone is one figure I have never seen on the pegs. Hoepfully I can track one down at some point.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #166 on: September 5, 2008, 11:13 AM »
Surprising... the Scuba clone (and the whole CW wave) as littered the peg at my local TRU for some time. It seems to be the only legends wave they are actually stocking.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #167 on: September 5, 2008, 01:37 PM »
Here it's mostly Wave 1 though the Ewok is scarce...  Han, Ak Rev, and Yarna are easy pegwarmers though...  Luke tends to be a little less common but available, then Chewie, then the Jabba goon and then the Ewok is "rare" by comparison.

On the flip side, the CW wave is here and there but usually the only ones you can find with any sort of ease are the Mon Cal, Quarren, and Lancer droid...  I'm seeing more Padme too, but never see ANY of the Clones anywhere, and Sae Sae Tinn I just saw yesterday for the first time since his release.  Go figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 5, 2008, 08:00 PM »
I have yet to find Saesee Tiin or the ARC Trooper with the big gun. Scuba Troopers are non-existent since release day, but lucky for me I bought six at Midnight Madness so although I would buy more if I had the chance, I wouldn't freak out if I never saw them again, which would probably be for the better since, well, I'm too poor to become an army builder. :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 7, 2008, 12:33 PM »
I found that elusive Scuba Clone at TRU yesterday.  The actually had two on the pegs. Next up for me is some of the repaint wave. Not all, just some.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2008, 12:33 PM by CaptainYoda »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 2 - Clone Wars Micro-Series
« Reply #170 on: December 23, 2008, 12:17 PM »
I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but I was listening to the Derryl DePriest interview on the Forcecast from last week - and when discussing the original Genndy Clone Wars series, he said that we may see "1 to 2 more figures" next year still from that series, and that one would be a build-a-droid.  With some digging, that might give us a clue to what one of the figures would be.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #171 on: December 23, 2008, 12:33 PM »
In a recent JD Q&A they mentioned Captain Fordo was a likely candidate for release...

**There are still one or two figures (such as Fordo in Type II armor) that with Lucasfilm's permission we could possibly do.

As for the droid, well I'd like to see this guy - L8-L9:

But, the other half of the Q&A answer I posted above said anything from the arena scene in the micro-series was doubtful, so I guess that means L8-L9 is doubtful as well.   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 23, 2008, 12:41 PM »
He did specifically mention Fordo as well, so maybe that figure/character is getting pretty close to being confirmed at this point.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 24, 2008, 09:26 AM »
I'm hoping for the little boy in the Mace Windu episode.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 24, 2008, 11:03 AM »
It's really a bummer to think that Hasbro probably won't be doing much/any more from the micro-series. There's still a LOT of stuff I wanted to see made. :'(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #175 on: December 24, 2008, 11:26 AM »
I agree.  The micro series was really the best thing about the prequels.  I think they've covered my major wants (this wave this year was a dream come true) but I'd still like to see a few figures here and there.  It's a shame that Lucasfilm seems to be treating this now as apocryphal with the new series.   :(

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #176 on: December 24, 2008, 04:03 PM »
-IG Lancer Droid has a rough time holding his lance...  Not too bad, but now we need a bike for him.  Battlepack time! :P

I actually completely disregard the lance for this figure. I thought that scene was awesome, but also a little hokey. I just think the lancer droids look awesome running and gunning. I have them on my Separatist shelf like a little squad. In my mind, they're just a different kind of battle droid, maybe with a bit more specialized training and/or intelligence.

And since I have a huge dislike for the origin of IG-88 story, I like to just go with the idea that IG-88 is a holdover from the Clone Wars. Not a super-advanced secret Imperial project, just a really dangerous, old assassin droid that's managed to avoid the scrap heap for a long time.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 30, 2008, 06:03 PM »
forgot the name of that book Lando, but the whole thing with all the backstories was craptastic.  I agree on the IG-88 he's just trying to survive.  I'd love to see the cartoon do a brand new shiny version of IG-88, as an upgrade to the Lancer droid.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #178 on: December 30, 2008, 09:40 PM »
I try not to take the 2D toons "literally"...  Kind of like a story retold...  Thus Mace's taking on millions of SBD's and a "super weapon" without any help, yet in the Arena he's barely holding his own against seemingly smaller odds with help. 

The Lancer concept though of explosive tips on the lances actually can make some military sense...  In WW2 Polish cavalry actually did more damage to the Germans in their assault into Poland than many of the other more conventional units they fielded.  Their armor was outmatched, as was their airforce, and their infantry folded equally fast.  Their cavalry actually mounted some resistance against the Germans for a time though...

Cavalry like that could do significant damage if mixed into the slow-moving artillery like in the cartoon...  Against more defensive targets like the AT-TE they'd begin losing ground, but the IG's were launched initially against artillery positions in the rear...  I kind of envision the lances then being tipped with an explosive, rather than being used for "jousting" and stuff...  That was sort of silly.

But I agree, to me the IG Lancers are just a different battledroid type...  Maybe more sturdy, more intelligent, and I envision them off the bike as well as on it.  I'd just like a set of them on the bikes since that's what the source material comes from ultimately.  I dug them cruising around behind the lines wreaking havoc on the SPHA things.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77