Author Topic: Legacy Wave 2 - Clone Wars Micro-Series  (Read 36862 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Wave 3 - Clone Wars
« Reply #90 on: February 1, 2008, 12:24 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Scott!  Wow, this wave really does look great to me.  That might be the best Padme figure we've ever gotten.  The others look really good too - seems to be a lot of use of soft goods - which I guess some people like and some people don't.  The sculpts and articulation look pretty nice overall to me though.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 1, 2008, 02:34 PM »
Galactic Hunter has the full scan up (the same pics from the RS forums, but all together) for anyone interested.  Here's the regular sized version, with the large one at the linky:

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 1, 2008, 02:42 PM »
All the figures look great. however i really am not liking that head on obi...does look right at all...and i doubt he will come with a helmet.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 1, 2008, 03:47 PM »
Is it me or does the heavy clone gunner look like he has a removable helmet?? It sure looks like there is a flesh colored neck there.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 1, 2008, 03:48 PM »
Is it me or does the heavy clone gunner look like he has a removable helmet?? It sure looks like there is a flesh colored neck there.

I kind of thought it looked that way too.  I also wonder if SaeSee Tiin's helmet slides down over his head, which would be pretty cool.  Hopefully we'll see at Toy Fair.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #95 on: February 1, 2008, 03:57 PM »
When vintage IG-88 came out, I immediately said how easily they could adapt that figure with its modular construction style to making an IG-Lancer droid...  I think that's what they've done by the looks of things.  If that's the case, that's one poseable droid coming.

I love them all so far...  The Obi-Wan's head isn't ideal, but at the same time it very much looks like the cartoon...  I'm ok with that then.  I have clone helmets here in abundance too, so I may just try fitting one to him or something. 

A great wave top to bottom.  The kind you order a case of.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 1, 2008, 04:16 PM »
The kind you order a case of.

I'm thinking about 4 cases...

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 1, 2008, 04:28 PM »
Padme is looking really great. I do hope Obi-Wan comes with his helmet and Saesee comes with his cape. I hope I can control myself with this wave, but...doubtful.  :-\

It's gonna be another expensive year.  :'(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 1, 2008, 04:44 PM »
The kind you order a case of.

I'm thinking about 4 cases...

Unfortunately I was thinking the same.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #99 on: February 1, 2008, 06:00 PM »
Breaking news from Hasbro.... we're going to be waiting a while for these figures.  :(

"We have previously announced that there would be three waves of our 30th Anniversary basic figures in Spring. That has now been changed - there will be only two. The last wave (on shelf approx. early March) will be The Force Unleashed wave. Due to some last minute delays, the previous third wave has been picked up and moved to the new Fall basic figure line. Nothing will be bumped from the Fall line....these will just be added in.

Fans should not worry as all figures will be coming to the shelf, including General Obi-Wan Kenobi, General Saesee Tiin, Clone Scuba trooper, and more. More details on this assortment will be released at Toy Fair. Similarly, due to production delays, we are pushing back the debut of the next wave of comic packs (including Anakin/Durge and Asaaj/Tol Skorr) until fall as well, but all announced packs *will* be coming out. "
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 1, 2008, 06:04 PM »
DAMNIT!!!!!!!  That's ok though.  I'm thinking a lot of these will show up on ebay loose this summer...

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 1, 2008, 06:06 PM »
So basicly everything is comeing out at the end of the year and nothing will be out through the summer except for one wave of legends?  
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 1, 2008, 06:07 PM »
And I guess we will all be racing around tring to get these waves as they hit two at a time in the fall ( i have afeeling this is going to be wave 5 all over again. blink and you will miss it.
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #103 on: February 1, 2008, 06:08 PM »
Maybe they rethought it and will putting them in the clone wars packaging.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 1, 2008, 07:08 PM »
It sucks that we will only be seeing two waves of figures until clone wars comes out. What was hasbro thinking!?!
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D: