Author Topic: Legacy Wave 2 - Clone Wars Micro-Series  (Read 36851 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Wave 3 - ?
« Reply #15 on: December 8, 2007, 09:02 AM »
I'd guess the RFT as well. Crossing my fingers.

I can also contribute 10 or so to the Jesse fund.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 8, 2007, 07:05 PM »
i think it might be a RFT but what if its a new SA obi wan? he was also in the earlier BP.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 8, 2007, 07:38 PM »
i think it might be a RFT but what if its a new SA obi wan? he was also in the earlier BP.

Wave 3 is going to be ANH.  Probably.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 8, 2007, 09:33 PM »

85 and counting...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 8, 2007, 09:51 PM »

85 and counting...

How hilarious would it be if the figure sucks, and we want to keep the POTJ ones because they're superior?

I never felt it was that hideous of a figure, I remember being really excited about it when it first came out.  Don't get me wrong, it's not great.  But if you compare it to the POTF2, obviously the POTJ was an improvement.  If the new RFT makes as many improvements on the POTJ, as the POTJ did on the POTF2, I think we'll all be happy.

Dare I say, even Jesse  :D
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 8, 2007, 11:32 PM »
I think I have 6 left for Jesse.  I sold a few on eBay last month or I would have had more!

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 9, 2007, 01:03 AM »
I don't have any major problems with the POTJ RFT, but I would certainly take a resculpt.  However, I hope the wave they refer to is a TESB one since it was so underrepresented in TAC (aside from the VTAC figures).  They could be talking about a Dagobah training Luke, though the one with 2 sets of arms and heads was good.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: December 9, 2007, 02:45 AM »
I never felt it was that hideous of a figure, I remember being really excited about it when it first came out.  Don't get me wrong, it's not great.  But if you compare it to the POTF2, obviously the POTJ was an improvement. 

That can honestly be said for just about anything though... 

The same analogy applies to Ceremony Luke for instance.  It's a far superior sculpt in every way, it's got far better features, it's got got articulation that rivals some of the better figures of the year I think, and the stance/"pose" is nice and neutral...

But the paintjob on the skin sucks.  I dare say the headsculpt isn't even bad, it's just the deco that is throwing people off.

Would any of you say though, that Ceremony Luke was a standout to you this year?  Now, to me it has just about everything I enjoy, but I see a LOT of complaints about this figure. :)

The POTJ figure was flawed...  Way more than Ceremony Luke this year by comparison.  The helmet, the belt, the holster, the gun, the articulation...  My point being, "Better than the POTF2 figure..." isn't a very good argument, and it wasn't a good argument then either.  It's not like Hasbro's abilities have changed by any means, they simply have improved the line through demand to do so.  And now it's high time a new Fleet, and subsequent Hoth/Endor, Troopers get made to the higher standards. 

And by all means I'll take helmetless Fleet Troopers if they're the ones from the Tantive Pack.  ;)  I, of course, have my reasons for that.

And piss on those other battlepacks.  Brad, where are you to do that?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #23 on: December 9, 2007, 11:24 AM »
I'm pretty convinced its a new RFT as well as the other two early 2007 BPs don't have a lot of resculpt canidates (outside of a SA AOTC Obi-Wan)

Praji was also rumored at one point and is a pretty easy head swap with Jerjerrod or the DS dudes...so here's my guess:

Rebel Fleet Trooper
Commander Praji
Cantina Alien (my hope is Bom Vimdin)
Darth Vader of some kind
Han Solo (Stormtrooper)
Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 9, 2007, 12:47 PM »
And by all means I'll take helmetless Fleet Troopers if they're the ones from the Tantive Pack.  ;)  I, of course, have my reasons for that.

How about headless ones?   ;D

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 9, 2007, 12:52 PM »

85 and counting...

I never felt it was that hideous of a figure, I remember being really excited about it when it first came out.  Don't get me wrong, it's not great.  But if you compare it to the POTF2, obviously the POTJ was an improvement.  If the new RFT makes as many improvements on the POTJ, as the POTJ did on the POTF2, I think we'll all be happy.

For when the figure came out, I was excited too.  At that time, sculpting wasn't nearly as nice as it is now, and articulation was severely lacking on most figures I though.  The figure had a lot more articulation than I expected, and was very cool 6 years ago. 

Of course by today's standards, it's not all that.  I consider it pretty comparable to THIS... good enough articulation, terrible sculpt.

If we are getting a new RFT, Dear God please have Hasbro give it the attention that they gave THIS FIGURE.

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 9, 2007, 01:14 PM »
I'm pretty convinced its a new RFT as well as the other two early 2007 BPs don't have a lot of resculpt canidates (outside of a SA AOTC Obi-Wan)

Well, Hasbro also dropped some other hints in other Q&A answers.  Namely that the Saga/TAC wave themes will only run from Episode III through Episode VI for 2008.  With that in mind it helps narrow down the early 2007 Battle Pack characters that might get revisited.  So what does that leave us with in terms of eligible candidates?

___  Betrayal On Felucia - w/ Aayla Secura, Clone Commander Bly & 3 x 327th Star Corps Clone Troopers - TARGET EXCLUSIVE
___  Treachery on Saleucami - w/ Commander Neyo and Saleucami Clone Trooper on BARC Speeders - WALMART EXCLUSIVE
___  The Capture of Tantive IV - w/ Darth Vader, 2 Stormtroopers & 2 Rebel Fleet Troopers (individual head sculpts)
___  Jedi Training On Dagobah - w/ Luke Skywalker, R2-D2, Yoda, Spirit of Obi-Wan Kenobi & Dark Side Spirit Darth Vader

I think we can rule out the ROTS themed Battle Packs since Wave 1 is a ROTS wave.  Plus that Commander Neyo is due out in a Saga Legends wave.

That leaves Capture Of Tantive IV and Jedi Training On Dagobah as the likely sources.  Based on that I think we're looking at either a new Rebel Trooper or possibly the Obi-Wan Kenobi Force spirit figure with an opaque paintjob.  And either one of those figures would fit into an A New Hope themed wave.
« Last Edit: December 9, 2007, 03:26 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 9, 2007, 03:34 PM »

Rebel Fleet Trooper
Commander Praji
Cantina Alien (my hope is Bom Vimdin)
Darth Vader of some kind
Han Solo (Stormtrooper)
Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper)

Now that's a wave.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 9, 2007, 07:44 PM »
I'm hoping a 2008 ANH wave would be absent of Vader... how about throwing in a repacked VOTC Leia instead?  Or Early Bird Chewbacca?

Offline Desfiy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2007, 02:34 AM »
I hope its the Rebel Fleet Trooper as well, and I hope the throw in a EB Chewbacca instead of a Darth Vader, could use another nicely sculpted Chewbacca.