Author Topic: Legacy Wave 2 - Clone Wars Micro-Series  (Read 36857 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Wave 3 - ?
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2007, 09:10 AM »
I wouldn't mind if it's another Vader so long as there's nothing new to it like #16 from this year. I can see Hasbro's need to keep one always in the line, I just wish they would make it appeal to people who already have 70 Vaders.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2007, 09:59 AM »
I'm hoping a 2008 ANH wave would be absent of Vader...

Me too... especially since there is a "Darth Vader" (according to the card anyway  :P) in Wave 1 and Battle Damaged Vader in Wave 2.

I fully expect them to do 3-5 Vaders in the basic figure lines again in 2008 (3 in 2006, 5 in 2007 [6 if you count Anakin/Vader in Legends]), but having a Vader already again in Wave 3 would be very annoying...  not impossible or unexpected, just annoying.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 10:23 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2007, 11:04 AM »
Very annoying.   ;)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2007, 01:35 PM »
Vader is so played out now.

Not every kid needs or even wants a Vader action figure. And it's not like you can't find him on the pegs now at any given time.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Arctic Ackbar

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Certified Lego-aholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2007, 03:22 PM »
Though a SA rebel fleet trooper would be nice, I want to see them do a new C-3PO.  I want Hasbro to give us an authentic EP2 3PO.  They can fill out the wave with Beru, Owen, and Clieg.  I can't see Hasbro doing it though as it would be an entire wave of collector figures.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2007, 09:42 AM »
I want Hasbro to give us an authentic EP2 3PO.  They can fill out the wave with Beru, Owen, and Clieg.  I can't see Hasbro doing it though as it would be an entire wave of collector figures.

Those would be nice, but waves 3 and 4 are all but confirmed to be OT, ANH and ROTJ respectively.  :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2007, 10:07 AM »
Vader is so played out now.

Not every kid needs or even wants a Vader action figure. And it's not like you can't find him on the pegs now at any given time.

I feel the same way when main characters (especially poor renditions) are released over and over again.  But I must say one thing - that Wave 3 Vader in the 30AC with the Obi Wan cloak is sweet.  He's tall, the likeness is great, great sculpt, removable helmet, SA.  Nice accessory.  I don't mind him being on the shelf for a while.  I think I've picked up about 6 or 8 of them here and there to use in this scene, and that scene, in my eternally under-construction star wars room.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2007, 10:48 AM »
While wave 3 couldn't include the AOTC versions of Owen and Beru, I wouldn't mind seeing at least a new version of Uncle Owen in Wave 3. Another cantina alien (or two) would be nice as well.

I definitely think a Vader in this wave would be overkill especially since every time they seem to do a ROTJ wave there's Vader/Anakin in there in some form or another, so I'm expecting a Vader in Wave 4 if that's a ROTJ wave.

While I'm okay with them completely ignoring EP1 in the basic line in 2008, I'm hoping that in 2009 they at least dedicate a pair of waves in celebration of the 10th anniversary of TPM.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Official Clone Wars Figures Pics
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2008, 11:41 AM »
Saw these thanks to a RS forum member, Sallah.

AWESOME.......

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Official Clone Wars Figures Pics
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2008, 11:43 AM »
Wow, thanks for posting that CHEWIE.  This looks like a great wave of figures, looking forward to it.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 11:44 AM by Rune Haako »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: 2008 Wave 3 - Clone Wars
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2008, 11:46 AM »
Nice find Rune! These look really sweet!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Official Clone Wars Figures Pics
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2008, 11:47 AM »
No problem Brian... I was having a bad day (well, week) at work... this gets my mind of it some.   :)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 12:25 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2008, 11:48 AM »
This looks like a great wave, looking forward to it.  I'm really happy to see a spiffy version of the Obi-Wan in Armor figure, as well as all of the others.  It seems to cover many of people's "want lists" from the original Clone Wars series.  Nice lineup.

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2008, 11:50 AM »
Great set. Some real good army builders in there.