Author Topic: Legacy Wave 2 - Clone Wars Micro-Series  (Read 36848 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: 2008 Wave 3 - Clone Wars
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2008, 01:31 PM »
I have to say of the 3 waves we have seen so far, this is by far the best one. They all look pretty cool. I hope toy fair shows us the ROTJ wave.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2008, 01:48 PM »
OK this makes up for the disappointing toy run i just came back from.   and found nothing.   this wave all i can say is wow.  I want them all.
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2008, 02:03 PM »
Nice stuff overall. With the discovery of this image, what is really left for Hasbro to reveal/announce at Toyfair?

Ultimate.

Death Star.

Playset.

:P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2008, 02:28 PM »
Um, yeah, no.  (on the playset ;))

As for this wave, looks neat.  Why am I not surprised that there are better versions of Obi-clone/Padme snowbunny now given I actually bought the battlepacks to get them previously ::)  I think I've finally learned my lesson and I'm no longer jumping on anything in a pack to get a single figure, unless it's been clearanced.  Sigh.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2008, 02:36 PM »
Morgbug
Yeah, I guess we will see alot of those figures for sale or trade.   as people get these two far better new ones. 
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2008, 03:07 PM »
Um, yeah, no.  (on the playset ;))

I know, I know.  Let's see how the AT-TE does though... maybe if they see a large scale item sell through, they might try something crazy.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2008, 03:49 PM »
Well looks like I'll be getting a couple of cases of this wave as well.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2008, 05:57 PM »
Outstanding set-up of figures there...  Guess the rumors held true on it.  It really worries me as to what the CW3D line's going to look like though now.  :-\ 

Good stuff, now if only it's easy to find.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2008, 06:09 PM »
This without a doubt, no hyperbole, is the best wave ever.   :)  Finally the Clone Obi and Padme's we've been asking for (good versions anyways) for years.  Fantastic.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2008, 06:11 PM »
This without a doubt, no hyperbole, is the best wave ever.   :)  Finally the Clone Obi and Padme's we've been asking for (good versions anyways) for years.  Fantastic.

i wont be saying that about those figure just yet. i mean these are not exactly the most clear of pics. But if all those are SA or close enough to it then i am super happy for it. Best part is it is only wave three....so Canada has to get them in.....right? :-\
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2008, 06:13 PM »
I think it's just so cool to have so many "new" sculpts that have never been made in any form.  And I don't count the other Obi-Wan with the drape over. clip on armour.  That thing was horrible.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2008, 06:14 PM »
I just can't believe how many great army builders are in this wave... and the variety!   8)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2008, 07:11 PM »
oh sweet Moses.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2008, 08:08 PM »
While the figures look nice, I'm just not interested in this wave. Might pick up a couple figures, but i'm far more pumped for the ROTJ or ESB waves.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2008, 08:08 PM »
Crap.

I was really hoping there wouldn't be a wave impressive enough to warrant buying each figure and multiples. This is that wave. I think that this is without doubt by far the best wave ever.

It has Saesee, a figure I've wanted ever since I first saw him on the show. A new Obi-Wan to replace the piece of **** from the battle pack. An improved (I would hope so) Illum Padme. SCUBA Trooper, which I will need several of as the Mon Calamari episode and its scenes may quite possibly be my favorite of the entire Star Wars universe. But what I think the best part of this wave is is the diversity and coolness of the army builders (Mon Calamari, Quarren, and IG Droid) rather than a ****load of ridiculous made up clone repaints, which they could have easily gotten away with throwing in a wave like this.

I'm thinking that the Mon Calamari, Quarren, and SCUBA Trooper are probably gonna be among my favorite figures ever. I'm really excited.  ;D

Oh yeah...everyone in that wave has some good customizing potential as well. Ugh, I'm gonna be broke for a long time after this... :P

David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!