Author Topic: Legacy Wave 2 - Clone Wars Micro-Series  (Read 36849 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 2 - Clone Wars
« Reply #135 on: June 11, 2008, 10:19 AM »
Does it bother anyone else that the IG Lancer droid is using weapons that may not have been created yet?

^ Nah, I'm not going to let an accessory to a figure bother me.  It's an easy swap with countless other weapons I'd think.

I just hope that the lance doesn't warp.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #136 on: June 11, 2008, 04:25 PM »
The Sae See Tin is a bit disappointing to me. the body looks too thin and the head sculpt appears to be the Saga 2002 sculpt. The Obi Wan is much better that the BP versions but not a home run. the rest of the wave is friggin awesome!!!

The Lancer is turning out to be my favorite in this wave thus far.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 11, 2008, 04:55 PM »
Great wave, a rare one where I'll have to make sure I get everything in it. Looks like Padme uses parts from the Evolutions figure.

And be honest, how many of you are going to take the Scuba Troopers into the bathtub?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 11, 2008, 05:10 PM »
And be honest, how many of you are going to take the Scuba Troopers into the bathtub?

:D

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 11, 2008, 05:51 PM »

Just don't sit on him  :P
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 11, 2008, 06:04 PM »
Uh oh! Big gooberfish!!! :D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #141 on: June 22, 2008, 05:04 AM »
A few new photos of the figures loose popped up tonight... 

Check out the full story to see pictures of the ARC Quad-Gunner, Quarren Soldier, and Armored Tinn all loose.  The Quad Gunner's cannon is one BFG.  ;D

The more I see this wave, the more I think this may be my "go broke" wave of the year.  Every figure in it looks like such a winner...  I hope they're all as good in person.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 05:12 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 22, 2008, 09:52 AM »
That Quad gun is huge! The figure looks like it has a bunch of new parts. That's kind of a surprise.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 24, 2008, 02:41 AM »
Those pics definitely showcase how great this wave is going to be.  The Quarren soldier looks fantastic and I'm very excited to get Saesee Tiin with his helmet.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 24, 2008, 12:29 PM »
That Quad gun is huge!

That's what she said  :P
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 24, 2008, 05:45 PM »
I'm gonna go broke just army-building the Mon Calamari critters and SCUBA Troopers! I've been dying to have figures based on that episode since...well, since that episode. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 16, 2008, 09:31 AM »
Opened this wave last night. Here are my impressions:

General Obi-Wan - one of the best figures of the wave and a nice surprise to find he has ball jointed hips. Great sculpt, good design, near maximum articulation and the head sculpt has attitude.

Scuba Clone - I have to admit that I like this figure better than I thought I would, well designed, though standard hip articulation.

Saesee Tin - Great figure. Hip motion is limited but the plastic skirt, but still well done.

Snow Bunny Padme - very decent figure. Working holster with the new standard articulation (ball knee and elbow joints.)

IG Droid - pretty much the VATC IG-88 with new shoulders. A tad frail and the arms fall out easy.

Mon Calamari - It's alright. No knee articulation.

Quarren soldier - nice sculpted but again jipped on the knee articulation.

Clone Gunner - one of the other best figures of the wave, totally cool and the gun is well designed.

R4 Droid - I like it better than I thought, though both have only removable third legs.

R7 Droid - Again, much better in person than in pictures.

Overall - surprisingly good wave.

Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 16, 2008, 11:18 AM »
Opened this wave last night. Here are my impressions:

and what no pics  ;)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 17, 2008, 09:08 AM »
I'm having issues with posting pics. The pictures are okay at first, but then my host site does something and they go away. :(

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 17, 2008, 09:51 AM »
A few new photos of the figures loose popped up tonight... 

Check out the full story to see pictures of the ARC Quad-Gunner, Quarren Soldier, and Armored Tinn all loose.  The Quad Gunner's cannon is one BFG.  ;D

The more I see this wave, the more I think this may be my "go broke" wave of the year.  Every figure in it looks like such a winner...  I hope they're all as good in person.

I hear ya Jesse. I'm getting a squad of 5 for each of the Quarren, Mon Cal, IG and Scuba trooper. I'm limiting myself to that.  Used to be I'd go crazy army building. But thankfully, I've all but cured myself of that trend. No more 20-40 of certain army building type figures. Hell that wave alone would have cost me over a thou. Instead it's closer to $250 for my wants for that wave. Still a bit, but MUCH less than usual.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010