Author Topic: Wal-Mart "The Force Unleashed" Box Sets  (Read 58654 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart "The Force Unleashed" Box Sets
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2007, 02:28 PM »
April 8?  Damn, I'm tired of waiting for this blasted game to come out!  I hope to be able to find the various figures at least a month before that... the one good thing though is that I'll be able to get this in early February... 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2007, 08:14 PM »
Maybe these will be available on the release date of Force Unleashed? Didn't all the other WM sets get released on a specific SW DVD release date?

That has been the track record with the WalMarts by me. Each time the DVD came out there was a aisle display with the 3-packs. The size of the display piece varied depending on the release (large for the second DVD of the OT release, small for Clone Wars Vol 2 DVD release).

Hopefully it will be the same with these.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2007, 08:23 PM »
I just hope there will be a decent chunk of them-- the problem is that if there's decent figures in the set, here in LA at least, they tend to disappear pretty quick.  I never saw any of the Clone Wars Vol. 2 sets in the wild even once, and I saw a very limited number of the ROTS DVD sets.   I hope fans are as down on them as you cats are as maybe that might help their visibility when they hit.

The 2006 DVD sets, though, those were around enough.

Here's hoping they choke the stores with them.  If they're $10 a whack I'd buy at least 2 or 3 of each.   (I need a crazy articulated Emperor for my desk at work... and I gotta say, while I will no doubt change my tune before 2009, I like the idea of newfangled Stormtroopers.  I'd like 'em even more if we had some more vehicles for them to pilot.  I have no doubt a squad of these troops will be sitting in the side pockets of my Imperial Troop Transports soon enough.)   If they came with different guns (like a longer rifle) I'd probably be more giddy just at the notion of some armory variety.

I wonder if there will be a third one?  There's usually three, the Clone Wars sets being an exception.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2007, 10:04 PM »
Here's a scary thought, what if the third set is how they'll be putting out the Secret Apprentice?

Before you discount that idea, remember that the Clone Wars vol 2 sets had unique characters to the animated line in them. Granted they were old body sculpts with new heads, I'm sure they could cobble together a version of the Secret Apprentice from previous figures and just sculpt a new head.

Hopefully these two sets will be it.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2007, 10:11 PM »
I could see them doing that and making it a Gamestop/EB Games exclusive.
I remember my dream now.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2007, 03:39 PM »
I could go for three sets, as long as the third one had a couple more army builders in it.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2007, 03:44 PM »
I wouldnt mind having these as a gamestop exclusive. Preorder the game and have the option to buy the sets.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2007, 03:58 PM »
Those sets are good fodder to work with, if these are indeed $10 I will buy them. I wish they would have molded Palpatine's skin in a more grayish tone rather than the peachy flesh color. I made an simple custom a long time ago swapping heads/hands on him, he really can be the ideal Emperor that we have been waiting for. C'mon Hasbro this is an easy fix!

I would hope the main character in the game is not an exclusive, that will be a real pain in the balls! A variant version of him as an exclusive would not be bad. We shall see......
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 03:59 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2007, 04:13 PM »
I just would want the Evo Emperor... maybe a local guy would take the ITs and I'll take Evemperor.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2007, 09:07 AM »
I just would want the Evo Emperor... maybe a local guy would take the ITs and I'll take Evemperor.

You can also get that with the up coming Evo set. That said, I'm sure you'll have no problem making that deal.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2007, 09:18 AM »

I'd take the ITs off your hands.
I remember my dream now.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2007, 10:31 AM »

That pic makes me wonder... has Palpatine every received any action?   ;D

Offline darthchuckmc

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2007, 10:07 PM »
Probably why he's always so pissy. Even before the lightning tore him up, he wasn't an "attractive" man. Kinda birdlike and pompous....and that hair, don't get me started. Getting lightly toasted was the best thing to happen to that koot!

OT: He'll probably be a pack-in with the game just to piss me off, since I don't own a game system, except for my beat up old SNES. (I'm refering to the Secret Apprentice here)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2007, 09:37 AM »

I'd take the ITs off your hands.

Like I said, no problem making that deal.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2007, 02:38 PM »
I'm just hoping these are $10 a pop.  If so, I might drop a hundred bucks on these.