Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Indy Figures  (Read 25159 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow 12" Indy Figures
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2008, 07:52 PM »
Some quick pics I took of Indy.  :)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 2, 2008, 02:20 PM »
My Sideshow Indy arrived last night.  At first glance I'm not that happy with it.  The body is somewhat loose and wants to bend at odd angles as you handle the figure.  It'll take a lot of work, and the stand, to achieve any type of decent looking poses.  The neck post is ridiculously loose and Indy is either staring at the ceiling or the floor and it's almost a balancing act to get him to look straight ahead.

The accessories are pretty decent, as is usual from Sideshow.  The belt clip for the whip has magnets which is a nice touch.  The out fit is pretty nice overall but fits pretty loose so it takes a lot of adjustment to get everything to sit right.

I really like the alternate head sculpt but I didn't realize the hat didn't fit.  Either I missed that in the description or it wasn't in there.  I'd rather have a removable hat that fits the head rather than just another accessory.

This makes two in a row I haven't been thrilled with.  The last was Lara Croft.  I'm cancelling my Snake Eyes pre-order and will now have nothing on order with Sideshow and don't foresee ordering anything from them again in the near future.  The only exception to that would be an AT-AT Driver. 

I'm more happy with my $20 Hasbro Indy kitbash I did and I'm wishing that I'd skipped the Sideshow Lara in favor of the Tonner Doll version that's coming. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Billy Ray

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Alamo City Star Wars Collectors
« Reply #47 on: December 8, 2008, 07:04 PM »
Wow, sorry to hear you dislike him so much.  I absolutely love this figure, I can't get enough of it.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2009, 02:16 PM »

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2009, 04:27 PM »
Hopefully this means the Hasbro version will start showing up a little cheaper on eBay. I've been wanting to grab one for I while but I just can't justify $50+ for it. To me it looks just as good as the $100 Sideshow version.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2009, 10:01 AM »
Indiana Jones in German Disguise is up for preorder for $89.99 & ships in the 4th Qtr, 2009.

The Indiana Jones in German Disguise 12 inch Figure features:

12-inch Prometheus male body with 30+ points of articulation
Authentic likeness of Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones
Shirt
Pants
Boots
Cap
Detailed belt with Y-strap harness
KAR 98 pouches
RPG
Two sets of interchangeable hands
Display base with Indiana Jones logo

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2009, 10:44 AM »
That's a lot of scratch for a relatively basic figure.  I wonder if they've worked out the problems of loose joints on the Pro body yet?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2009, 11:32 PM »
Just got the Raiders Indy.  Love it.  It's my first Sideshow product, and it's very nice.  The only thing I don't like is that the body looks skinny and a little wimpy.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2009, 02:13 AM »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2011, 01:55 PM »

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=100084

12" Indiana Jones City of Tanis Maproom Environment

I love these sets from Sideshow other than they're pricey.  Still, with all the detail and how they take a 12" figure from just basically a boy's doll to a whole large-scale scene from the movie, I think they're worth the price ultimately.

They've not shown love to the Indy license as much as I'd have liked, but this is really a cool addition.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2011, 03:18 PM »
This environment is awesome.  I'm really loving it.  I keep going back to Sideshow's site to look at the photos.  They photographed it with the Hot Toys Indy which I've been on the fence about ordering.  I love the look of it, and now with the environment piece?  That's nearly as killer as Yoda w/ his hut.

Still, going with the HT Indy and then this piece, you're looking at $450...maybe a little less if you go with Razor's or another site besides Sideshow.

E...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2014, 07:48 PM »
One of the best Indy looks from any of the films...  His badass ToD pissed off look.  I dig it.  I can't afford it, but I dig it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77