Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Indy Figures  (Read 25205 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Sideshow 12" Indy Figures
« on: July 19, 2007, 08:56 PM »
I'd happily buy a sideshow indy, at least it would fit in with the Star Wars line.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 01:03 PM by Jeff »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Billy Ray

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Alamo City Star Wars Collectors
12 inch sideshow indy
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 06:21 PM »
I'd happily buy a sideshow indy, at least it would fit in with the Star Wars line.

Apparently the rumors are true!  At least according to the
LA Times...

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
12 inch sideshow indy
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 11:22 PM »
I guess it's now really official:

Indiana Jones License Granted to Sideshow Collectibles

Sideshow Collectibles is proud to expand its relationship with Lucasfilm with the announcement of a new licensing deal to produce collectibles from the Indiana Jones film series. The adventure series began with the 1981 release Raiders of the Lost Ark, followed in 1984 by Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and by Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade in 1989. After fourteen nominations and seven Academy Award wins for the film franchise, the adventure continues with a much-anticipated fourth installment yet to be titled, set for release on May 22, 2008. Sideshow's product line will be inclusive of all four Indiana Jones films and will include 12-inch Figures, Premium Format Figures, and Life-size Busts that will range in price from $69.99 to $599.99

You can read the whole press release here:)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
12 inch sideshow indy
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 09:07 AM »
Nice to see that their 12-inch figures will premier at the "bargain" price of $69.99.  Ouch.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
12 inch sideshow indy
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 10:10 AM »
That price is high, but i will buy and Indy (probably some others depending on who they make)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
12 inch sideshow indy
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 10:43 AM »
Yeah, that entry price is kind of high but I'm willing to dish it out for a really awesome 1:6 Indy from ROTLA.  He needs to come with his bullwhip, of course, bag, pistol, idol, and the head piece for the Staff of Ra.  And they also need to make the Ark at some point but I bet that ends up as an accessory like the Dejarik table.

Really, I don't care to buy anything esle from an Indy line but it will be interesting to see what Sideshow comes up with.  I'm sure they'll do Henry Jones and the ladies at some point.  A nice Elsa would work and I'd love to see what they could do with John Rhys-Davies as Sallah.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
12 inch sideshow indy
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 10:55 AM »
Yeah, that entry price is kind of high but I'm willing to dish it out for a really awesome 1:6 Indy from ROTLA.  He needs to come with his bullwhip, of course, bag, pistol, idol, and the head piece for the Staff of Ra.  And they also need to make the Ark at some point but I bet that ends up as an accessory like the Dejarik table.

Really, I don't care to buy anything esle from an Indy line but it will be interesting to see what Sideshow comes up with.  I'm sure they'll do Henry Jones and the ladies at some point.  A nice Elsa would work and I'd love to see what they could do with John Rhys-Davies as Sallah.

E...

Could the Sideshow exclusive version additional piece be the Ark?  I've been trying to figure out what they'd add as the exclusive piece.  The bullwhip, bag and pistol are probably givens.  I'm not so sure about the Idol, though I do feel it should be included in the basic version too.  The headpiece and/or the staff of Ra would make an interesting choice.  The headpiece alone I don't think is reasonably sized enough to make it the addition. 

Regardless, I do hope the iconic ROTLA Indy is the first PF figure released.  I'll be ordering it for sure and that may be the last PF figure I buy. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
12 inch sideshow indy
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 10:59 AM »
The Ark seems too big to be an exclusive piece, but anything is possible I suppose.

My guess for a ROTLA Indy exclusive piece would be the Monkey...  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
12 inch sideshow indy
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 11:22 AM »
Yeah, if the Ark is to scale, it would be might big and bigger than the droid Vader came with :-\

Monkey would be cool too. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
12 inch sideshow indy
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 11:48 AM »
I think with the 12 inch and the PF the ark could be the exlcusive. They will probably just charge more for it. It would be the first time the exclusive is more expensive.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
12 inch sideshow indy
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 01:35 PM »
I'd be surprised if the Ark came with the 1:6 Indiana figure.  My guess is it would be a set piece sold on it's own with two carry polls and some snakes, maybe a torch or two, removable top and "dust" inside.  Maybe a crate?  Throw in an extra snake for the exclusive.

My guess is the Indy figure would probably end up with either the idol or the head piece (maybe with pole) as the exclusive.  How awesome would the idol be if it was cast in pewter like the Dejarik chess pieces are?  I'm so excited over the prospect of a 1:6 Indy that I can't even tell you.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow 12" Indy Figures
« Reply #11 on: February 1, 2008, 07:38 AM »
From the front page...

Back when Sideshow acquired the Star Wars license, I said Indy would be the only non-Star Wars figure I'd want.  Looks like that wish is about to become true.

Can't wait to see what he looks like...
Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #12 on: February 1, 2008, 12:20 PM »
Very cool, looks like we will be seeing this during their toy fair coverage.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 10:04 PM »
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 11:28 PM by Jeff »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master